Staffiezone

Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

HomeFrontLog inChat BoxRegister

Share | 

How do your dogs travel in the car ???

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Allison
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 2312

PostSubject: How do your dogs travel in the car ???   Fri 23 Oct 2009, 2:29 pm

Just wondered how your dogs travel in the car - Duke and Dhaysi depending on how long the journey is either in there crates in the boot of the car if we are going on long journeys or with there harness on in the boot if we are going on shorter journeys such as up to the vets or the park or fields or beach.
Back to top Go down
Jo n Buffs
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 19490

PostSubject: Re: How do your dogs travel in the car ???   Fri 23 Oct 2009, 2:35 pm

buffy has a crate in the boot if she went on back seat she would whinge and cry until she get on some ones knee
pippa on the othr hand was a dog after my own heart pop her in the car in boot and she would go sleep until the engine stopped fabulous dog in the car
Back to top Go down
Allison
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: How do your dogs travel in the car ???   Fri 23 Oct 2009, 2:48 pm

There's a guy who lives around the corner from me he has a vauxhall vectra saloon car and he has two staffs he puts the poor dogs in the boot space of his car with the parcel shelf still on (not sure if you can take these off by the way lol)but those poor dogs are in that dark boot cramped and im sure they must be scared poor ickle things.
Back to top Go down
Jo n Buffs
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: How do your dogs travel in the car ???   Fri 23 Oct 2009, 3:07 pm

most cars you can remove the parcelshelf
them dogs must be so scared id be giving him a bit of my mind i think
wonder if he would like to travel like that
Back to top Go down
Allison
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: How do your dogs travel in the car ???   Fri 23 Oct 2009, 3:14 pm

My husband has passed comment and he just got an evil stare - my hubby (and myself) hate dogs being left in cars and I know I have read a post on here about that too - we were at No Frills DIY store one summer and there was a dog left in a car and I made the girl on the information desk put a call out - I remember an incident up here a couple of years ago when a doctor took his dog to work and EBT parked the car in the shade but as the day went on the car ended up in the blazing hot sun and the dog died - he got to the car before hand got it to the vets and the poor dog was literally cooking - tw*t grrrrrrrrr
Back to top Go down
Jo n Buffs
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: How do your dogs travel in the car ???   Fri 23 Oct 2009, 3:18 pm

Buffy only goes in the car if she can get out the other end i wont leave her anywhere at all not even to nip in the shop for a minute ,
ive seen dogs in cars on car parks in the town centre why take them if they gonna be locked up why not leave them at home at least they have some freedom and can get drink and food when needed
some people just dont have the brains they are born with
sensless acts cause unecessary suffering .
Back to top Go down
Eddi and Daisy
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 4187

PostSubject: Re: How do your dogs travel in the car ???   Fri 23 Oct 2009, 4:47 pm

My two come everywhere with me they are both in the back of the estate car they have a huge bed in the back and they are restrained by their harnesses, they have a non spill water bowl filled with fresh water every day.

If i need to pop into the supermarket and I mean pop in not a full shop I have grills for all four windows and I make sure I am in the shade, if its really hot then my hubby will take them for a walk around the car park while I pop in.

If I left them at home Daisy would be shut up in her crate (she hates it lol) and Eddi would be winding her up in the same room but not in a crate. Eddi suffers extreme anxiety when being left alone and that is my fault I know for taking them everywhere with me.

Although I used to just have a dog rail at the back it has now been changed to the mesh one as daisy my little flower before she had her harness climbed through the rails and chewed up my gear stick.... All laugh now hehe.
Back to top Go down
Sandi
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 15687

PostSubject: Re: How do your dogs travel in the car ???   Fri 23 Oct 2009, 7:21 pm

Mine are in crates in the back of the estate car.

I never leave them in there for anything on their own - too scared!
Back to top Go down
Mattie
Supporter
Supporter

Female
Number of posts : 430

PostSubject: Re: How do your dogs travel in the car ???   Fri 23 Oct 2009, 7:40 pm

Bonnie and Tilly travel in a crate in the boot, Merlin, Joe and Ellie have harnesses attached to the seatbelts on the back seat, Gracie used to travel on the front seat with her harness attached to the seatbelt. Not sure whether to put one of the others in the front seat now, I got used to having a dog there. :D
Back to top Go down
Mattie
Supporter
Supporter

Female
Number of posts : 430

PostSubject: Re: How do your dogs travel in the car ???   Fri 23 Oct 2009, 8:03 pm

Bonnie and Tilly travel in a crate in the boot, Merlin, Joe and Ellie have harnesses attached to the seatbelts on the back seat, Gracie used to travel on the front seat with her harness attached to the seatbelt. Not sure whether to put one of the others in the front seat now, I got used to having a dog there. :D
Back to top Go down
Jo n Buffs
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: How do your dogs travel in the car ???   Fri 23 Oct 2009, 8:05 pm

awwwwww mattie i bet you feel lost if one of your dogs is happy to travel along side you then do it hun i know i would if it was me i hate having no one in the front with me
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 31849

PostSubject: Re: How do your dogs travel in the car ???   Fri 23 Oct 2009, 9:50 pm

They sit on the back seat and harnesses are attached to the seatbelt
Back to top Go down
Kaosdad
Getting Comfy
Getting Comfy

Male
Number of posts : 33

PostSubject: Re: How do your dogs travel in the car ???   Thu 13 May 2010, 7:52 am

For me, depending on who else is in the car determines where Kao sits. If it's just me and her, she'll sit in the front seat, if I'm a passenger and she's coming along she sits on my knee in the front, but if I have my mum in the car, then Kao sits on the back seat.

It's also hit and miss whether she whines or not, but for the most part she's happy just sitting in taking in the sites on the journey.
Back to top Go down
Jo n Buffs
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: How do your dogs travel in the car ???   Thu 13 May 2010, 9:33 am

buffy whines and whinges in the car lol
we have juts bought a galaxy so buffys seat has changed jas has taken one of the seats out as we only need 6 and its left a lovely space for buffys bed so she will have a nice stretch and plenty of room
Back to top Go down
bones
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 781

PostSubject: Re: How do your dogs travel in the car ???   Thu 13 May 2010, 11:08 am

how do i put this...they are loose in the boot...lol. they just lie down and go to sleep sometimes lace stands up but she soon realises its not wise, they dont make noise but lacey does pant, im really paranoid about the temperature hitting that dangerous number though so they re allways kept cool and i allways carry water if we go on any jurney and no apart from 5 mins whilst we get faith out of the car they not left in there cuz im well paranoid and allways checking there tounges when we driving,,
Back to top Go down
lindauk
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 9711

PostSubject: Re: How do your dogs travel in the car ???   Thu 13 May 2010, 12:36 pm

Dell loves the car, Brock just crys in a very loud irritating way until we get where were going.
both are harnessed and clipped in to safety belt thingy. the last thing we need is two dogs flying arond the car if theres an accident
Back to top Go down
Toni
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 5585

PostSubject: Re: How do your dogs travel in the car ???   Thu 13 May 2010, 12:43 pm

Mine are rarely in the car but when they have been in, I stick them in a crate in the boot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do your dogs travel in the car ???   

Back to top Go down

How do your dogs travel in the car ???
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1