Staffiezone

Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

HomeFrontLog inChat BoxRegister

Share | 

ikkle wabbit piccys :0)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Angel
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 7814

PostSubject: ikkle wabbit piccys :0)   Sat 07 Nov 2009, 11:07 am

got some cauli greens from the market today and just had to grab these pics talk about cute these are my mini lionlops they are 4 weeks old now

Back to top Go down
beabea81
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Female
Number of posts : 127

PostSubject: Re: ikkle wabbit piccys :0)   Sat 07 Nov 2009, 11:17 am

They are just stunning Angel, I'd soooo love a rabbit. Would you mind if i asked if getting a rabbit from a breeder is the same as getting a rat from a breeder as opposed to a pet shop in that they are generally bigger and have better temprements are easier to handle?
Back to top Go down
Angel
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: ikkle wabbit piccys :0)   Sat 07 Nov 2009, 11:49 am

i handle mine daily from a week old if possible most pet shops are mass bred nowadays and i def dont recomend getting them there a decent rabbit breeder will enusre they are happy healthy and well handled before selling i know i do and also we dont over breed like the place like pah do they use sky pets and order in 25 rabbits per store per week
which means the company themselves needs around 500 -1000 rabbits each week !!! thats just that company so you can imagine how many they need each week they are basically rabbit farmed

size doesnt really come in to it a rabbit will only get as big as the breed it is no bigger (unless its a x breed one then they do sometimes get bigger but pures dont )
Back to top Go down
beabea81
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: ikkle wabbit piccys :0)   Sat 07 Nov 2009, 11:54 am

I know what you mean about p@h... it's exactly the same with rats... so sick and tired of arguing with them about the conditions they live in! They are forever keeping rats on their own, in teeny tiny tanks grrrr

Would you say rabbits should be kept in pairs and how do you work out how big a hutch you need? Do you keep them indoors in winter?

Hope you dont mind me asking you and feel free to pm me the answers (if you want to give them that is lol) so i dont hijack the thread of your gorgeous gorgeous wabbit piccies!
Back to top Go down
Angel
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: ikkle wabbit piccys :0)   Sat 07 Nov 2009, 12:35 pm

course i dont :0) i,ll send you the link to my website it has everything you need to know on it :0)

ok i cant lol you dont have the email option available

hope its ok to do this sandi

www.angelsbunnystud.com
Back to top Go down
Sandi
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 15687

PostSubject: Re: ikkle wabbit piccys :0)   Sat 07 Nov 2009, 1:50 pm

Oh gawd I am going bunny broody as well now.

They are lovely pics.

And no I don't mind I luffs ya and yer bunnies and of course not forgetting Suki woo x
Back to top Go down
Angel
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: ikkle wabbit piccys :0)   Sat 07 Nov 2009, 2:37 pm

:0))) cool thanks got some off bungles babies to just got to transfer them over they growing hooge already and only 14 days old lol
Back to top Go down
beabea81
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: ikkle wabbit piccys :0)   Sat 07 Nov 2009, 2:44 pm

I are now scouring the internet for hutches, indoor hutches, outside runs and forums i can join to temp the husband with! (although i stand by the motto that it is easier to gain forgiveness than get permission! hehehe)

I had a himalayan hare a few years back who lived in the house. He was sooo divine and I always wanted another rabbit but knowing what i know now about farming and mass breeding animals i wouldn't get a bunny from a pet shop.... always got a bit confuddled when searching online for them.... where are you based angel?
Back to top Go down
Angel
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: ikkle wabbit piccys :0)   Sat 07 Nov 2009, 2:56 pm

tewksbury hun gloucestershire

ebay is the best for them i got a brand new 5ft double one for £62 quid was well chuffed as i,d paid 99 from pah for 2 double ones same size that wasnt as good quality hope the site gave you all the info you needed if i missed anything out just yell :0)
Back to top Go down
Angel
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: ikkle wabbit piccys :0)   Sat 07 Nov 2009, 3:11 pm

heres bungles babies

and the other litter of mini lionlops same age almost as other lot but all black ones lol

Back to top Go down
beabea81
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: ikkle wabbit piccys :0)   Sat 07 Nov 2009, 4:10 pm

oooer love love I think i done falled in luff love

I'll take the black one in the bottom pic pleeeease
Back to top Go down
Eddi and Daisy
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 4187

PostSubject: Re: ikkle wabbit piccys :0)   Sat 07 Nov 2009, 4:13 pm

Awww so many cute bunnies.
Back to top Go down
Angel
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: ikkle wabbit piccys :0)   Sat 07 Nov 2009, 4:15 pm

which black one hehe the big one is mum hehe the one at the back ??????

they are eddie and you will get so see them all and have cuddles too when you come down ;0)
Back to top Go down
Eddi and Daisy
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 4187

PostSubject: Re: ikkle wabbit piccys :0)   Sat 07 Nov 2009, 4:17 pm

Aww that is lovely, please call me Jackie my user name is not very helpful other than its the name of my babies.
Back to top Go down
beabea81
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: ikkle wabbit piccys :0)   Sat 07 Nov 2009, 4:20 pm

probably be easier if i take them all..... to save us from confusion :D

I have decided to arrange for half of the garden to be re-turfed makeit my bunny zone and look into getting a bunny after xmas!

Must join 50 forums and print off 5 million articles to waft under Pauls nose first!
Back to top Go down
Angel
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: ikkle wabbit piccys :0)   Sat 07 Nov 2009, 4:47 pm

psml beabea well if you dont mind traveling give me a shout when you ready ;0)

ok jackie lol was going to put that but wasnt sure ;0)

i wouldnt mind sme feedabck on the site if you wouldnt mind heheh its a newish thing so want ot make sure i have everything i need on it :0)
Back to top Go down
beabea81
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: ikkle wabbit piccys :0)   Sat 07 Nov 2009, 4:53 pm

Well as we've all found out I can be a bit wordy so if you want any help with that give me a shout....or indeed a letter or complaint writing, i find my letters to be quite effective!!!!! probably because they get bored of reading them so just send me loads of vouchers and a compliment slip! lol

the only bit of information i can see that is missing is how many bunnies do i need? With rats it's pairs minimum...i personally times'd that by 10 plus 1 more for good measure lmao
i think it's a really great site and i had no problems finding my way around it to the relevant bits of info i was looking for ! 10/10!
Back to top Go down
Angel
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: ikkle wabbit piccys :0)   Sat 07 Nov 2009, 4:58 pm

well now i think you have the right idea hehehe i was only meant to have 4 but i never was any good at maths so 2+2 dont make 4 it makes 22!!!!!!!

rabbits do prefer to live in pairs hun although if you have 2 males you may need to have them castrated at around 6mths i say may as if you have brothers and have no females about you may not have the fighting problems but you might 2 females are normally pretty good together and again best introduced at the same time but you can add later on if you just had one

tbh how many you have depends on your space and how many you actually want ;0)))) they are addictive though
Back to top Go down
beabea81
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: ikkle wabbit piccys :0)   Sat 07 Nov 2009, 5:03 pm

Oh lordy I'm well stuffed then! I got two rats, then two more and promised hubby I would stop at ten! Only stopped at 21 because I have no more cage space!
Back to top Go down
Angel
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: ikkle wabbit piccys :0)   Sat 07 Nov 2009, 5:08 pm

lmafo you got the idea :0))) my entire garden is rabbits literally ohh except for the 3 chickens and i also have angel inside heheheeh
Back to top Go down
Angel
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: ikkle wabbit piccys :0)   Wed 11 Nov 2009, 5:19 pm

took these today of bungles babies so so cute they are ;0)

pure french lops beabea hehehe from big chunky parents :0)
Back to top Go down
Sandi
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 15687

PostSubject: Re: ikkle wabbit piccys :0)   Wed 11 Nov 2009, 5:25 pm

awww they are gorgeous
Back to top Go down
beabea81
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: ikkle wabbit piccys :0)   Wed 11 Nov 2009, 6:24 pm

Yum yum yum....don't know much about bunny varieties.... Is that colour called Agouti?
Back to top Go down
Angel
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: ikkle wabbit piccys :0)   Wed 11 Nov 2009, 6:37 pm

nope heheh its an agouti mantle ;)) but its actually not its got a covering of red cinamon in it so its sort of red agouti mantle :0))) they are a very lush deep colour least i think thats what they call it since i got back in to breeding the colour variations are awesome and so many of them i could paper my sitting room with the names there are so many and my sitting room is 23ft long so that says it all its so confusing lol but to me they are red agouti cos thats what they look like :0)

techically an agouti is actually just wild rabbit colour
Back to top Go down
beabea81
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: ikkle wabbit piccys :0)   Wed 11 Nov 2009, 6:50 pm

I'm very very familiar with Agouti!!!!! I have 2 Agouti Selfs, 3 Agouti hoodeds, 1 British Blue Agouti, 1 Russian Blue Agouti and 1 Mink Agouti rats! I adore my gooti gorgeousnesses! I'm have no idea how genes and recessives work in rabbits but in rats they are either Agouti or non agouti and any other colour or variety is mutation of the Agouti or non Agouti lines. Generally in the rat world when we say Agouti unless its preceded by another colour eg mink, pearl, russian silver, russian blue we mean the wild 'sewer rat' brown colour.

I Just soooo love agouti's I'd have a cage full if i could but I wouldnt be able to tell them apart lol......oh and I also have a Cinnamon hooded and my next favourite variety from Agouti is .....cinnamonamonamonamonamonamon.

I can see that getting bunnies is going to be very detrimental to my purse!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ikkle wabbit piccys :0)   

Back to top Go down

ikkle wabbit piccys :0)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Staffiezone :: Petzone :: Pictures Stories and Advice for Other Pets-
Jump to: