Staffiezone

Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

HomeFrontLog inChat BoxRegister

Share | 

a day in the life of angel a house rabbit

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Angel
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 7814

PostSubject: a day in the life of angel a house rabbit   Sun 08 Nov 2009, 4:06 pm

i,ve done a new page on my site and htought you,d like to see it so posting it on here for you :0)

Hi there I,m ANGEL I thought i would introduce myself and tell you how I spend my days

7am mum gets up and lets me out my big home :0) morning mum let me out please

Mum opens the patio doors so I can go and check on all the out side bunnys and make sure all is well there and I say hi to my boyfriend bungle too and sit with him for a while while mum has her coffee and gets kids breakfasts

7.45 help mum do the morning feeds outside I sit and eat mine sometimes in the shed while shes feeding the others and sometimes I will go around with her saying hello to them all and trying to trip mum up hehehe

I go back in my bed while mum is upstairs sorting kids and doing school run as I have a bad habbit of chewing cables mainly the pc ones and mum doesn’t seem to pleased when I do I cant think why though hehe
I do love my bed I have lots of warm hay and a nice snuggley fleecy bed I have 2 that mum changes for me

Half 9 mum is home now with the dog and lets me back out so off I hop to have a look around the house and make sure all is well ooooooooo whats this in the kitchen yummy a box of veggies for all us rabbits hmm think I ,ll have little snack while I,m here yummy apples carrots and greens mum just laughs when she finds me I,m so spoilt me I spend the rest of my day playing with the dog and hopping around the house chewing things and trashing stuff in the pantry (mum says i,m like a deliquent puppy what ever that is ) and i like to go and play in my bed to rearranging it and eating

i go outside to if its warm enough playing with some of the outside bunnies while mum cleans them out its funny cos if they pick on me i can leg it back inside and sit and laugh at them cos they dont like coming in hehehe

i,m not allowed out with the males out though mums a bit strict that way pfft although I can play with bungle now and then its nice to say hi to him and I have even been known to bring him home to my home to visit I like to relax under the table and under the parrot cages or on the sofa too mum laughs at me sleeping habits she says they are funny although mum doesnt seem pleased when i hop over and tip over the parrot food which i love doing especally when she has just cleaned up heheheh

i like it when mum sits at the pc i can lie under the desk and keep her company i love my mum and i do like to follow her every where i havent mastered the stairs yet though she keeps telling me to try but they look scary

i love to sit in the window now i,ve mastered jumping around the sofas its fun to see whats going on outside the front of the house we arent allowed out there

3PM Oooo back in my bed must be time to get the kids from school now I,ll spend my time eating and digging up my bedding while shes gone hehe its good fun i have a big hut thing i can chew on as well

3.20 Ahh back out now for the rest of the night now i,ll go snooze under the table for a while i think

4pm its time to go and check on all the others while mum does evening feeds and puts hay in for them so they have plenty to eat and snuggle in to gimme me some mum ooo thanks I,ll have a munch while your busy ooopppsss sorry tripped you up again hehehe I,m really good at doing that

5pm Brrrrr its cold out I,m coming back in for a while I think going to go and get warm and sit in front of my crate for a bit

7pm All the rabbits and parrots are tucked up for the night now think I ,ll go and have a look around outside again my favorite time of day this I hop around all the runs on them and in fromt of the hutches cos I,m out they aren,t ner ner I,m wicked like that nothing quite like jumping over all the hutches with runs winding all of them up its so funny phew bit tired now think I ,ll go sit with bungle and chat for a while

8.30 Oooo hello mums coming to get me telling me its too cold to be out and they want the door shut now ok I,m coming mum

Nice and warm in here mums lying on the sofa watching tele I,ll jump up and snuggle up with her and daddy for an a hour before bed time hehehe that scared dad I took a flying jump and landed on him I,m not a little rabbit either heheh I,m quite a weight dad says he didn’t see me on my way :0) that’s fun to scaring them like that

I love my comforts I do its so nice being an indoor rabbit I get to have so much fun and I make my humans laugh a lot too

Its bed time now so I,m off to my bed to munch on the salads and carrots i have in my treat ball i love this toy it has a bell on it i have hours of fun playing with it

I hope you enjoyed an insight in to the day of a spoilt house rabbit

GOOD NIGHT :0)
Back to top Go down
Mandy
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 1802

PostSubject: Re: a day in the life of angel a house rabbit   Sun 08 Nov 2009, 4:09 pm

What a lovely story thanks for sharing it. That is one lovely and lucky spoiled house rabbitt :D
Back to top Go down
Eddi and Daisy
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 4187

PostSubject: Re: a day in the life of angel a house rabbit   Sun 08 Nov 2009, 4:30 pm

Aww what a lovely story Angel, it is funny tripping up mummy and daddy i do it too but I'm only a dog called daisy, but eddi and I laugh alot and mummy and daddy use funny words sometimes lol.
Back to top Go down
Sandi
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 15687

PostSubject: Re: a day in the life of angel a house rabbit   Sun 08 Nov 2009, 5:53 pm

What a lovely story and as Mandy says that is one spoilt rabbit.

Excellent
Back to top Go down
Angel
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: a day in the life of angel a house rabbit   Sun 08 Nov 2009, 6:51 pm

she is def
for those that dont know her story i will fill you in :0) in feb this yr i found out i was pregnant (planned ) but at my first scan i was told the baby had died at 7 weeks i had to wait another week to be sure and i was 9 weeks gone when i actually miscarried her so i deceide to get a house rabbit to take my mind off it as i had a few in the garden as well and i really got back in to breeding too due to that

i was looking for a new french lop doe and decided to look for a red eyed white the only one i could find was in derbyshire way to far for me she was only 25 and the biggest of the litter too i mailed the breeder and she said as it happened she was coming to worcester the following sat and would meet me there with her wow was i chuffed she was meant to be she was 9 weeks old the day i got her i thought nothing off it untill 3 days later when i looked at her details i had named her angel as soon as i knew i was getting her i dont know why it just came to me

well i loked at the date 20th april and thought thats strange that date is familiar and checked on the calaender

it turns out her date of birth was the very same day i actually miscarried tai-ese so she was meant to be i,m sure of it she decided her self she was going to be a house rabbit anyway so thats her story and why she is so spoilt and thats how angelsbunny stud came about too
mind you all mine are but her more than the rest heheeh
Back to top Go down
Sandi
Team Member
Team Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: a day in the life of angel a house rabbit   Sun 08 Nov 2009, 7:27 pm

Oh Dee she was obviously heaven sent hun.

I am so sorry to hear your story big hugs from me - sometimes words are useless xx
Back to top Go down
Jo n Buffs
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 19490

PostSubject: Re: a day in the life of angel a house rabbit   Sun 08 Nov 2009, 7:42 pm

well most people say its a dogs life and all the doggys i know are spoilt rotten im gonna start saying its a bunny lugs life lololol
Back to top Go down
Angel
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: a day in the life of angel a house rabbit   Sun 08 Nov 2009, 7:56 pm

thanks sandi :0) xx i def think she was heaven sent too she was meant to be

yup jo def a good idea and now i,m going to watch x factor with her heheeh she loves it will lie with us the whole time :0))
Back to top Go down
beabea81
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Female
Number of posts : 127

PostSubject: Re: a day in the life of angel a house rabbit   Sun 08 Nov 2009, 10:41 pm

I've only everhad one rabbit, a house one too. He was actually a himalayan hare and totally bonkers!

That was a lovely look into her life, Neo had a thing about computer wires too!

So sorry about the circumstances surrounding her arrival but I aggree with the others that Angel is heaven sent!
Back to top Go down
Angel
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: a day in the life of angel a house rabbit   Mon 09 Nov 2009, 7:52 am

rabbits and pc wires dont mix psml or phone cables either ;0) she went thru 5 in 2 weeks and 4 lan cables and 3 extension leads too plugged in ones lol eek
Back to top Go down
BuffysSis
Silver Forum Member
Silver Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 431

PostSubject: Re: a day in the life of angel a house rabbit   Mon 09 Nov 2009, 9:58 am

awwwwwwwww wicked picssss i was wondering can i use the picture of the bunny on the sofa with the dog pleasse to put on my site

thank you
Back to top Go down
Angel
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: a day in the life of angel a house rabbit   Mon 09 Nov 2009, 10:59 am

course you can hun :0))
Back to top Go down
aintdogsbrilliant
Getting Comfy
Getting Comfy

Female
Number of posts : 48

PostSubject: Re: a day in the life of angel a house rabbit   Mon 09 Nov 2009, 5:29 pm

Oh Dee you little bunny spoiler you, lol.
She is gorgeous, sorry to hear the circumstances of how you got her, that is so sad, I am glad she makes you so happy :0).

Maisie was born on the same day we lost our lovely Bruno, she was definately meant for us too.
funny how things turn out eh.
Back to top Go down
Jo n Buffs
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: a day in the life of angel a house rabbit   Mon 09 Nov 2009, 5:42 pm

soul pets :)
Back to top Go down
Sandi
Team Member
Team Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: a day in the life of angel a house rabbit   Mon 09 Nov 2009, 5:45 pm

I am loving the title bunny spoiler lol
Back to top Go down
Angel
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: a day in the life of angel a house rabbit   Mon 09 Nov 2009, 5:51 pm

hehhe maybe i should change my name to it psml :0)) had to look twice i have to say the out door ones are just as spoilt though loked at the hutches today after cleaning out and thought you can tell i,m used to bedding down horses psml i put my mini lop back in this hutch and she asked me for a ladder heheheh

Back to top Go down
TaffyStaffy
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Female
Number of posts : 178

PostSubject: Re: a day in the life of angel a house rabbit   Mon 09 Nov 2009, 9:40 pm

Aw bless, I love the pic of her being the dog's pillow!!!
Nice bedding by the way, is it deep litter? (LOL- joke for horsey people)

My friend had a house rabbit called Apple and he actually came to call! Now I can't begin to imagine how you train a rabbit to do that when I can't get Vegas to do it! ;oP
Back to top Go down
beabea81
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: a day in the life of angel a house rabbit   Mon 09 Nov 2009, 9:54 pm

Isn't it funny how some pets are just meant to be?

As most of you know I keep rats...lots of them! lol i had a very special best friend rat called Annie, a black hooded. She was my soul girl I loved her so very very much. I love them all but for some reason this girl just stole my heart completely. i lost her to a tumour in August. Now usually when I lose a rat i will avoid that variety like the plague for a long time, It hurts too much. 10 weeks after I lost her I went back to my rescuer friend to pick up three baby boys of ten weeks old, in amongst this mix of boys was a black hooded. I prayed he wouldn't come near because It was so soon after Annie had gone but just like Annie had done when i went to fetch her he bounded up to my hand and licked it like mad...unusual for a baby as they are sooooo giddy!. I had to take him home. I called him Dannie, he looked like her, acted like her and loved me in the same way that she did. When i got home I had a really odd thought, I rang my friend and asked her for Dannie's date of birth...... can you guess?

The very same day I lost Annie my beautiful Dannie was born. i will never forget Annie, she was my best friend in many ways... I have pics somewhere of her sleeping on Roobarb! even he loved her...everyone who saw her loved her, I have no idea why. i have prettier rats for sure but she had this look about her, so trusting and loving and innofensive. I still think about her evryday, I only have to look at Dannie and she's there and you know what, it doesn't hurt.... It's the greatest feeling in the world!

Sorry to hijack your thread Angel'sbunny but thinking about your situation got me to thinking just how meant to be some of our pets are!
Back to top Go down
Angel
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: a day in the life of angel a house rabbit   Tue 10 Nov 2009, 8:44 am

that they are beabea although i am in to my angels i have never looked at things that way animal wise untill angel came along well i sort of did with suki as she is so like my old boy we had to have pts 6 weeks before we got suki (not breed wise ) so it crossed my mind but never had one whose date of birth meant anything before

i,m sure your rat was meant to be as well definatly :0)
Back to top Go down
Sandi
Team Member
Team Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: a day in the life of angel a house rabbit   Tue 10 Nov 2009, 8:51 am

It's funny I was reading the other day that one of your pets you have in your life becomes your soulmate. You assume if you have only ever had one that it will be that one, but its weird how many people say things like 'all my dogs were great, but my third, (fourth or tenth) one was definately my soulmate' and they all go on to say that for some reason one in particular was meant to be and was just different to the others in some way that made them just that bit more special.

I think thats nice.

Lovely story Beabea
Back to top Go down
Angel
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: a day in the life of angel a house rabbit   Tue 10 Nov 2009, 8:59 am

you can have lots of soulmate in your life over the years sandi so that def fits :0)
not all soulmates are actually the ones we spend our lives with and in fact its rare we ever live with them in most cases they come in and out of our lives in different forms as and when we need what they have to give us be it animal human etc we can in fact have a lot of soulmates thru out our lives and not just the one most people think (thats why most dont ever find them )

it may even be a case of someone we meet as a friend is one and you click straight away they bring a certian quality to your life at a time its desperatly needed they either then stay around or they will go as quickly as they came once their job is complete i,m convinced angel was sent to me to help me heal

and it sounds like beabeas danny was sent by the other one to heal her grief too
Back to top Go down
Sandi
Team Member
Team Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: a day in the life of angel a house rabbit   Tue 10 Nov 2009, 10:20 am

Hmmm yeah I will go with what you just said.

Its deep and meaningful, but makes you think.
Back to top Go down
beabea81
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: a day in the life of angel a house rabbit   Tue 10 Nov 2009, 12:23 pm

I think he was too. I struggled so hard after she died. She taught me things, she had this way about her, almost like if she had a motto it would 'I don't mind, it's ok' She had to have all sorts of meds through her life with me and I used to say sorry all the time for another trip to the vets, another syringe full of meds, poking and prodding her to check on her lump. All time saying sorry and she used to just run up my shoulder and lick my cheek like 'it's ok mum, i know you have to'. Losing any animal devastates you but with Annie I just could not function, sometimes I couldn't breathe I cried so hard but when I look at Dannie i can hear her 'It's ok mum, i know you had to'.

I agree with what Sandi said that not every pet is your soulmate, we always love them, we are devoted to them and when they are gone we grieve, hard. We never forget them either. But some of them..... scratch I don't know it's like they own a piece of you. I'm not as close to Dannie as I was Annie and at the moment I wouldn't say that I have a 'heart rat' but I'm kind of enjoying that feeling too. I have Annie's daughter here, very much like her mum but a little more moody lol she's now got a tumour too.... it's heartbreaking because it feels like she's the piece, the very last bit of Annie. But I know Annie needs her, she's calling her to the bridge because she loved her so and she knows Isabelle is not the same without her.

I often wonder why we put ourselves through it but I only have to look at them and at Roobarb and thinking of where some of them would be now If I didnt have them makes me shiver.

By the way Angel'sBunny.... didn't realise you were on preloved...I'm bfoster! lol
Back to top Go down
Angel
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: a day in the life of angel a house rabbit   Tue 10 Nov 2009, 12:58 pm

psml nice one bea that post was brilliant i have to say ;0)) i did reply to it heheh

not every one is nope not every person it but they are there and sometimes something makes us realise they are there and if we are open to them we learn why they are here at this time in our lives they only appear when needed thats what soulmates actually are (sorry a bit deep but i,m so in to all that ) they are there to help us and most we have even been with or freinds with in other lives too animals that seek us out are normally our lost loved ones in a new form to be it another animal or even human to animal they will always watch over us some how
Back to top Go down
Jo n Buffs
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: a day in the life of angel a house rabbit   Tue 10 Nov 2009, 1:17 pm

i just made a note not to cross beabea over there lolololol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: a day in the life of angel a house rabbit   

Back to top Go down

a day in the life of angel a house rabbit
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next