Staffiezone

Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

HomeFrontLog inChat BoxRegister

Share | 

Dog Appeasing Pheramone

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mazz
Getting Comfy
Getting Comfy

Female
Number of posts : 19

PostSubject: Dog Appeasing Pheramone   Tue 23 Aug 2011, 1:47 pm

Has anyone tried the DAP or any other homeopathic remedies with their dogs?
He isn't afraid so much as very excitable, so wondered if it might help him calm down, just as an add to training really.
Back to top Go down
Angel
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 7814

PostSubject: Re: Dog Appeasing Pheramone   Tue 23 Aug 2011, 1:58 pm

i use herbal stuff get some rescue remedy for him a few drops on the tongue it really works i use it on my self and animals too it calms them down nicely

you can also use kalms they are all purely herbal so can be used on dogs as well as us :)
Back to top Go down
Mazz
Getting Comfy
Getting Comfy

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dog Appeasing Pheramone   Tue 23 Aug 2011, 2:00 pm

Oh that sounds like a good idea, thank you
Back to top Go down
Angel
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 7814

PostSubject: Re: Dog Appeasing Pheramone   Tue 23 Aug 2011, 2:10 pm

your welcome you can also get pure lavender oil and put some on the collar lavendar is a relaxing oil this can take the edge of excitment to
Back to top Go down
wids
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 11372

PostSubject: Re: Dog Appeasing Pheramone   Tue 23 Aug 2011, 3:30 pm

I've used the DAP collars. Can't say one way or the other if they worked as we were trying all sorts of things for aggression at the time but perhaps they made a small difference.

To be honest though for excitement the DAP may not be worth the money it costs. Dee's suggestion of the more natural stuff might be a better way to go. Although we've also used the rescue remedy - just placed a few drops in their drinking water but again it didn't seem to make a very noticeable difference.

Our Maizie is a very excitable dog - always leaping, jumping and bouncing about , she is better than she was, now she is a little older but still very OTT compared to the others. On the plus side she's very very affectionate and loves training games and is now great when we go out and about.

We found she needed loads more "entertaining" and exercise especially when when she was younger to use up her energy levels but also needs stronger boundaries to remind her that we don't want her in our face 24 /7.

I've never used anything to calm her excitement though - I do believe they can mature out of it with plenty of help ..although it does take time and to be honest she's still a work in progress lol!
Back to top Go down
xclairex1
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 6615

PostSubject: Re: Dog Appeasing Pheramone   Tue 23 Aug 2011, 4:29 pm

I have never used the DAP although a friend used it over the fireworks period and seemed to think it worked.

I tried rescue remedy but it didn't work with Diesel

I do use some of the CSJ herbs with my dogs and I definetly think they work.

They have one called CALM DOWN you could have a look on their website and see if you think it may help.

Back to top Go down
Mazz
Getting Comfy
Getting Comfy

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dog Appeasing Pheramone   Wed 24 Aug 2011, 6:50 pm

Many thanks for all your replies, really useful spinner smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dog Appeasing Pheramone   

Back to top Go down