Staffiezone

Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

HomeFrontLog inChat BoxRegister

Share | 

Help - My boy is behaving strangely!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rehab_Rab

Male
Number of posts : 12

PostSubject: Help - My boy is behaving strangely!   Sun 18 Sep 2011, 2:11 pm

My 2 year old staff boy has started to behave very strangely on walks. He is normally very good off the lead, chasing and retrieving balls etc but the last 4 days have been terrible.

He has started running off and not doing a thing he is told.

Is this some kind of stroppy teenager syndrome or something I should be worried about? Please help!
Back to top Go down
lindauk
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 9711

PostSubject: Re: Help - My boy is behaving strangely!   Sun 18 Sep 2011, 2:18 pm

or a bitch on heat ?
Back to top Go down
Bubbles-mum
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 1916

PostSubject: Re: Help - My boy is behaving strangely!   Sun 18 Sep 2011, 2:35 pm

lindauk wrote:
or a bitch on heat ?
That's what I was thinking. Has he bin done. My boy did this before we got him done. We was going to get him done anyway but as he was doing the same your dog has we went to the vet and they said it's best to get him done now. A male dog smelling a bitch on heat is a nightmare. They will run away to find them. My boy ran away when he was just 5 months old and took my OH half a day to find him. He has never ran off since he's bin done.
Back to top Go down
janandruby44
Team Support
Team Support

Female
Number of posts : 11929

PostSubject: Re: Help - My boy is behaving strangely!   Sun 18 Sep 2011, 2:35 pm

Have you changed his food recently? I can't feed Elsdon on a particular range of dog food as it completely alters him and makes him hyper.
Back to top Go down
Rehab_Rab

Male
Number of posts : 12

PostSubject: Re: Help - My boy is behaving strangely!   Sun 18 Sep 2011, 2:48 pm

He hasn't been done yet, was trying to avoid it to be honest!

I have another male who is 5 and has had pups, he is fine so was unsure if this was the cause.

I guess this might be the final straw, may need to get him done now.

Thanks guys
Back to top Go down
Toni
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 5585

PostSubject: Re: Help - My boy is behaving strangely!   Sun 18 Sep 2011, 3:23 pm

But Buddy does this from time to time, his been neutered too. When he does it, he is kept on lead for a few walks after, then it clicks back in to what his meant to do.

Ive heard of grown dogs going back to toileting in houses etc, they do sometimes forget basics, so Id say its back to teaching him for a couple of weeks so he remembers. spinner smile
Back to top Go down
suziet
Team Support
Team Support

Female
Number of posts : 23449

PostSubject: Re: Help - My boy is behaving strangely!   Sun 18 Sep 2011, 6:25 pm

Oh dear terrible 2's - they are now a teenager in our years and dogscan start to misbehave and at times go back to basics with training -

It is normal so its nothing you are doing wrong and your boy isnt been naughty - but you do have to reaffirm the rules so to speak - a long line maybe required as recall around 2 years old seems to fly out of the window lol xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help - My boy is behaving strangely!   

Back to top Go down

Help - My boy is behaving strangely!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1