Staffiezone

Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

HomeFrontLog inChat BoxRegister

Share | 

behaviour problem help

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
kirstie
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 1603

PostSubject: Re: behaviour problem help   Mon 07 Dec 2009, 5:12 pm

thanks angel hun, im feelin alot more positive 2day, had a much calmer day 2day and it has given me hope!
Back to top Go down
kirstie
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: behaviour problem help   Tue 08 Dec 2009, 6:16 pm

awww back 2 square 1 again! my hubby had gone out 2day and i had the dogs in the sittingroom, wen he returned tyne ran to the sittingroom door barking and then turned on demi. shes fine thankfully but i thought he was going 2 really damage her. since then hes been kept seperate, fed seperatly and im just at a loss, i was advised not to let him run 2 the back door which i have done n now it just doesnt seem to matter where he is he just wants to be there 1st n will fight with demi 4 anything, i hope he doesnt give demi the idea that its right to do this as shes never been a fighter, awwww im gutted 2 steps 4ward 25 back
Back to top Go down
kirstie
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: behaviour problem help   Sat 12 Dec 2009, 11:11 am

well ive been to see lynne about tyne and joining classes. im gettin an aplication posted 2 me then we gunna join the new classes start mid january so wish us luck! she said it may work but then again it myt not so lets b positive
Back to top Go down
Jo n Buffs
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 19490

PostSubject: Re: behaviour problem help   Sat 12 Dec 2009, 12:28 pm

we are sending you lots and lots of positive vibes hun xxxxxxx
kirstie what ever happens hun no one can say that you havent tried because you have and you doing well hun
Back to top Go down
Angel
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 7814

PostSubject: Re: behaviour problem help   Sat 12 Dec 2009, 12:41 pm

cool positive vibes def tbh you could have to try a few things to get there as what works for one may not for others but the good thinkg baout classes is she wil lbe there in person and can show you whats wanted etc and that will also help you feel more confident as you wont be trying it all alone which will in turn help him too so definatly a good idea :)))))
Back to top Go down
Sandi
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 15687

PostSubject: Re: behaviour problem help   Sat 12 Dec 2009, 1:34 pm

You're right be positive - you are doing something about it and trying hard so hopefully it will all work out for you, like Angel says you may have to try a few things, but with your attitude you will get there in the end.
Back to top Go down
kirstie
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: behaviour problem help   Sat 12 Dec 2009, 5:38 pm

thanks every1, the class trainer also offers 1 2 1 aswell n said that if the group class doesnt work out 4 1 way or another then we could try that. i was talking 2 a woman last nyt about the problems while i was waiting 2 talk 2 lynne n she said her dog wasnt very nice at all b4 the classes n now hes much better n still improving so hopefully we'l get there x
Back to top Go down
Jo n Buffs
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: behaviour problem help   Sat 12 Dec 2009, 5:42 pm

fingers and paws crossed hun :D
kirtie you are doing more for tyne than some people do in a dogs lifetime hun u are giving him a chance we have everything crossed that you can turn him around and he can be happy for a very long time in your home
Back to top Go down
kirstie
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: behaviour problem help   Sat 12 Dec 2009, 5:46 pm

the fact that hes so young is making me more determined aswell. i just hope that we see some improvement. the classes r only a 6 week course but u can learn a lot in that time. and even if it just helps 2 make him more manageable then its worth it! we've had a good day with him 2day so dont no if that has anything 2 do with us beein more settled as 2 knowing we gunna get help but im hopeful we can sort this, the trainer did say that it either will or wont work but im gunna try my very best not just 4 us but mainly 4 him, i just want him 2 b healthy and happy in a nice calm home like it used 2 b b4 he arrived
Back to top Go down
Jo n Buffs
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: behaviour problem help   Sat 12 Dec 2009, 5:51 pm

he is going through that second teenage stage which dont help as he will be testing u all again but im sure u will sort it hun,
its better to see how people actually do things rather than a few words on a forum even though them few words are very suporting
i bet if mattie or any one of us was to come your house and showed u how to handle the situation u would think oh flippin ek so eassy y didnt i think of that .
im sure you will be on in a few weeks telling us how different he is
Back to top Go down
Angel
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 7814

PostSubject: Re: behaviour problem help   Sat 12 Dec 2009, 6:21 pm

it will make a huge difference when training him if you are in a calm positive state of mind definatly he will react to how you are and how you hold the lead your body your vibes he picks up on if you ar showing stress anxiety an felling worried he will pick all this up and act according the more relaxed you are with him the more he wil be too

as jo said once shown it will all make sense to you the written word is all very well but it doesnt show you how to act or how to do it but you will get there without a doubt he i one lucky dog to have found you hun xx
Back to top Go down
kirstie
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: behaviour problem help   Mon 14 Dec 2009, 6:59 pm

aww thank u hes been a bit more calmer the last few days which has been a relief! hes still sorta the same but not as often im much more relaxed we've even had loads of cuddles off him aswell, which 2 my hubby isnt new but with me he never cuddles in n rarely gives me kisses but the last few days hes been sneakin on the sofa next 2 me givin me a kiss n snugglin in its been lovely! n angel i luv ur avatar pic so chilled suki looks lol
Back to top Go down
Jo n Buffs
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: behaviour problem help   Mon 14 Dec 2009, 7:07 pm

kirstie u being relaxed seems to be making a huge difference hun
Back to top Go down
kirstie
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: behaviour problem help   Mon 14 Dec 2009, 7:13 pm

i dont no if it's coz i no wot 2 expect from him b4 i let him out in garden etc and im more prepared for his outbursts or what it is but im not holding my breath that it lasts lol, wen i get 2 hopeful i get knocked back 10 paces lol
Back to top Go down
Jo n Buffs
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: behaviour problem help   Mon 14 Dec 2009, 7:40 pm

u seem to be doing a cracking job kirstie and fingers crossed it works out for all of u hun x
Back to top Go down
kirstie
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: behaviour problem help   Mon 14 Dec 2009, 7:55 pm

thanx jo, im hopeing so 2 as hes a lovely dog underneath its just gettin thru 2 it lol
Back to top Go down
Jo n Buffs
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: behaviour problem help   Mon 14 Dec 2009, 8:08 pm

u will patience hard work and lots of determination :D
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member