Staffiezone

Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

HomeFrontLog inChat BoxRegister

Share | 

He's doing well

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
StaffySel
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 6585

PostSubject: He's doing well   Mon 19 Sep - 20:43

I've been going to the park more often so we can meet some dogs.

Today a jack russell was pestering us (off lead, enzo on lead) I managed to block it for a bit but he wouldn't go away (owner didn't seem bothered). Enzo did so well im proud of him, he let the JR sniff him for a while, quite a long time actually whilst I told him he was a good boy, then the JR was licking him down there and still Enzo was fine with it, then it was too much when the JR tried humping him so he turned around and did a growl to warn him away.

The whole time the owner was just saying 'come on, leave him alone' really slowly not in any rush!

Then I noticed the JR run over to an alsation who did not like the dog at all, I could see the owner trying to body block like I was too but struggling and he was a big muscly bloke trying to hang on to his dog. It made me feel better that it wasn't only Enzo who didnt like him.

Well done Enzo my lad you did well spinner smile
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 31854

PostSubject: Re: He's doing well   Mon 19 Sep - 20:50

Well done Enzo, all your work is really paying off Sel

Back to top Go down
Sandi
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 15687

PostSubject: Re: He's doing well   Mon 19 Sep - 21:06

Brilliant, great work by you both x

Back to top Go down
Alliecass
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 6762

PostSubject: Re: He's doing well   Mon 19 Sep - 21:10

Well done Enzo and you too xxxxx
Back to top Go down
StaffySel
Team Member
Team Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: He's doing well   Mon 19 Sep - 21:17

Thanks all, I watched lots of YouTube's of the dog whisperer episodes last night and felt ready to get stuck in. Its my confidence holding us back I think.
Back to top Go down
wids
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 11372

PostSubject: Re: He's doing well   Tue 20 Sep - 10:10

Nice one Enzo. It really sounds ike you and Enzo are doing brilliantly. spinner smile

I watch all sorts of dog training clips too - some I don't like so much but to be honest I learn something from everything I watch even if it was just how not to do it or that mine weren't as bad as some. lol!

Back to top Go down
StaffySel
Team Member
Team Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: He's doing well   Wed 21 Sep - 22:00

wids wrote:
Nice one Enzo. It really sounds ike you and Enzo are doing brilliantly. spinner smile

I watch all sorts of dog training clips too - some I don't like so much but to be honest I learn something from everything I watch even if it was just how not to do it or that mine weren't as bad as some. lol!

It sounds silly but after I have watched some training clips it puts me back in that mind set and reminds me in a way, if that makes sense.
Back to top Go down
StaffySel
Team Member
Team Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: He's doing well   Wed 21 Sep - 22:05

We seen the Jack Russell again today.

He came running over! I told Enzo to leave it. So he just stood there wagging his tail behind me. I blocked him from getting near Enzo. I went to stroke the JR and it ran off! Haha! Excellent and well done to Enz for staying behind me.

Then we met another dog and I blocked him from going near Enzo too. And I actually managed to stroke this dog whilst Enzo stood behind me which he has never done before, usually he would jump in front of me or dive between my legs. Then we went, all was well and Enz got to see that I will do the dodgy greeting for him.

I'm really pleased.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: He's doing well   

Back to top Go down

He's doing well
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Staffiezone :: Dog Chat, Help and Advice :: General or Random Staffie, Bullie and Dog Chat :: Training & Behaviour-
Jump to: