Staffiezone

Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

HomeFrontLog inChat BoxRegister

Share | 

Thundershirt

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
newstaffieowner
Getting Comfy
Getting Comfy

Female
Number of posts : 89

PostSubject: Re: Thundershirt   Mon 14 Nov 2011, 10:54 pm

Went and got one for megan yesterday and to be honest I dont think its made the slightest difference unfortunately. She is still very 'hyper' in the car and for some reason she keeps rubbing up against everything when she has it on, in the house its the radiators and walls and outside its brick walls, fences etc.,. Very odd. Dont know if it works for the separation anxiety yet, will try that tomorrow. If it doesnt help with that then its going back!!!!
Back to top Go down
xclairex1
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 6615

PostSubject: Re: Thundershirt   Mon 14 Nov 2011, 11:14 pm

The rubbing against things she's probably trying to get it off.
My dogs are used to wearing coats/ lifejackets etc, but maybe megan isn't and it feels odd

Back to top Go down
newstaffieowner
Getting Comfy
Getting Comfy

Female
Number of posts : 89

PostSubject: Re: Thundershirt   Mon 14 Nov 2011, 11:30 pm

Yeah I think your right Claire, I think she is trying to get it off, which makes me think that she doesnt find it very comfortable, which in turn will stress her out even more!! So perhaps it just isnt for her, which is such a shame as I've heard such good reports about them. I'll give it a bit longer.
Back to top Go down
babypink
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 1830

PostSubject: Re: Thundershirt   Tue 15 Nov 2011, 10:23 am

Yes that looks fine to me, and Georgie is a different dog in the house much calmer, occasional jump up but I cant expect miracles, much better on lead too. The main crux is the barking and running tothe window, which she still does, but the difference is I can actually get her calmer more quickly

I like it, its not a quick fix and its not a miracle type thing but it helps a lot and with a powerful dog such as a staffie you do need that little bit extra!
Back to top Go down
janandruby44
Team Support
Team Support

Female
Number of posts : 11929

PostSubject: Re: Thundershirt   Tue 15 Nov 2011, 12:47 pm

I agree, anything that helps has got to be a bonus!

Diane did you give her a couple of treats on the coat before putting it on? If not try it, it worked for me, Elsdon normally runs off when he sees his coat but not last night AND he let me put it on twice as I tried it on Ruby after he'd worn it for ten minutes and then put it back on him.

Glynn has taken Elsdon out in it this morning and is impressed with it too.
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 31917

PostSubject: Re: Thundershirt   Tue 15 Nov 2011, 6:35 pm

Do they wear them all the time or just as the situation needs?

Back to top Go down
janandruby44
Team Support
Team Support

Female
Number of posts : 11929

PostSubject: Re: Thundershirt   Tue 15 Nov 2011, 7:12 pm

I wanted it for walking around town when there are lots of people about but I've just put it on him to go up to the playing fields and let them have a run around and it has the same calming effect on him. Anytime you think they may be anxious you could put it on. Initially you put it on for 5-10 minutes but then they don't say for how long. I presume as long as your dog is anxious.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thundershirt   

Back to top Go down

Thundershirt
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3