Staffiezone

Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

HomeFrontLog inChat BoxRegister

Share | 

My girls & toys

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
wids
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 11372

PostSubject: My girls & toys   Tue 18 Oct 2011, 9:54 am

As most of you know my girls have to be restricted with playing together because they have had issues. We are very strict about seperate play and bones etc.

Well OH went in the garage and the girls followed him - they stole a deflated football and ran off down the garden together holding it between them tails wagging like a little pair of happy thieves.

We felt like they were saying "..look at us we can play nicely now".

Made me feel so sad, they looked so cute. They do play together and have great fun with chase me, bouncy running times but never with a toy. We hate that they have these restrictions but once they get going with a toy the excitement level is so high and both of them have that thing where they have to have everything, it's just not worth the risk.

Back to top Go down
suziet
Team Support
Team Support

Female
Number of posts : 23371

PostSubject: Re: My girls & toys   Tue 18 Oct 2011, 10:11 am

I agree Liz - its isnt worth the risk as it only takes one spilt second and your good work is undone - Your girls certainly dont seem unhappy and as you mentioned they do play and can have toys etc but restrictions arent mean but necessary - dont feel sad honey - I think you are doing the right thing and we also have rules and restrictions too xx
Back to top Go down
xclairex1
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 6615

PostSubject: Re: My girls & toys   Tue 18 Oct 2011, 10:15 am

Aw I bet you had a wee giggle at the pair of them.

Like Suzie says you have done so well with them, you shouldn't feel sad, the girls are happy as they are group hug x

Back to top Go down
Sandi
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 15687

PostSubject: Re: My girls & toys   Tue 18 Oct 2011, 10:35 am

No don't feel sad. I know what you mean though, When I had foster dog Alfie here he was very into toys and everything Kassi had he wanted and they would start off fine and each time you think it is ok the excitement takes over so restrictions have to be made.

They too played together and got on absolutely fine until there was a toy involved and then he was over powering.

Your two are happier for it so don't feel sad spinner smile

Back to top Go down
wids
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 11372

PostSubject: Re: My girls & toys   Tue 18 Oct 2011, 7:29 pm

We did have a laugh at them - should be positive really, a year ago we would have been in a panic over it.

They do play well together now - you are all right they are happy dogs and they do get to play with toys a little bit with Bailey cos he's such a good dog at letting go Bless Him love
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My girls & toys   

Back to top Go down

My girls & toys
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1