Staffiezone

Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

HomeFrontLog inChat BoxRegister

Share | 

Testing boundaries....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Namadaja
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Female
Number of posts : 118

PostSubject: Testing boundaries....   Sat 25 Feb 2012, 7:13 pm

Well, since last night we have had some testing of boundaries. Things that she has accepted and done all week she is now just looking at me as if to say 'You have got to be kidding love! Not happening!'. I'm going to take this as her way of showing she has settled in and feels comfortable enough to push it a bit. OMG its draining Sleep hope shes out of it soon!
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 31854

PostSubject: Re: Testing boundaries....   Sat 25 Feb 2012, 7:14 pm

Just like having kids lol

Just be firm and consistent and she will come through it, she may be at the terrible teens stage

Back to top Go down
Namadaja
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: Testing boundaries....   Sat 25 Feb 2012, 7:30 pm

Yep she is stubborn just like a teen! She wanted to catch the ducks in the park earlier, she was really cross with me for making her come round and sit. I think it took every single ounce of strength to stay....she realllllly shakes when she is excited or stressed. I try to break her gaze but it is impossible! She has to at least still see what it is she wants. I need to introduce her to my mums cats soon...the ones we have seen in the street she would have happily eaten for a snack I think :o
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: Testing boundaries....   Sat 25 Feb 2012, 7:35 pm

Oooh that should be fun. All my dogs have adapted very well to cats, Chloe took the longest as I think her previous owner had taught her to kill them and she was awful but we got there in the end. As her dementure progressed she did attack the cat a couple of times but he was so old he could no longer fight back so we could never leave them together in the last few months

In fact up until the last 18 months or so our cat ruled the roost as far as any of the dogs were concerned

Back to top Go down
Namadaja
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: Testing boundaries....   Sat 25 Feb 2012, 8:00 pm

Luckily all the cats are used to mums collies and they often share a bed so that at least will mean its one sided, the cats are already chilled and if the dogs should overstep the mark the cats gives them a bat to remind them lol
Back to top Go down
Namadaja
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: Testing boundaries....   Tue 28 Feb 2012, 5:14 pm

We met the cats today! It went well :) We gave the kittens a miss, didn't want to push it too far.

Rosy is really gaining confidence now and is a lil devil at times! She keeps getting too bold when being played with so I have tried turning my back with my arms folded. Earlier I was kneeling down (but back on my heels) on the floor and had just finished a tummy rub and bit of a massage, I asked her to sit and give me her paw which she did and just as I told her she was a good girl she leapt up slightly and looked like she tried to nip me on the nose! :( I'm really careful not to lean over or be in a dogs face so I think maybe she just forgot herself.

She did do lots of good things today though - she went in the car a few times and wore her car harness, we went to my mums and met the cats, she met my brother, sister in law and baby nephew. I also left her at home alone for the first time when I went up to school, for a whole half hour n I felt terrible lol. She coped fine though phew!
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: Testing boundaries....   Tue 28 Feb 2012, 5:49 pm

Sounds a like a really adventurous day for her. Whilst you were worried about leaving her I imagine she was fast asleep without a care in the world spinner smile

Back to top Go down
Namadaja
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: Testing boundaries....   Tue 28 Feb 2012, 5:54 pm

She was probably a bit annoyed, I left David Dickinson on the TV for her lol
Back to top Go down
wids
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member