Staffiezone

Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

HomeFrontLog inChat BoxRegister

Share | 

Sooo angry

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
VonnieC
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Female
Number of posts : 239

PostSubject: Sooo angry   Thu 15 Mar 2012, 1:08 pm

I was driving home last night when i spotted a woman walking a staffie, as i was watching it the staffie wandered into the road (she was busy texting on her phone) she pulled it back onto the pavement, then i saw it dart into the road again, she stopped texting, hauled the dog off the road with all her mite (this was happening as i drove past) i saw the staffie cowering by a wall on its side where she proceeded to slap it (i heard it yelp from inside my car) I was so angry, what gives her the right! She wasn't paying any attention to the dog, far to busy on her phone. I pulled over and glared at her, it took all my self control to not jump out of the car and slap her. I realise I can't get involved but i feel so bad for this dog, i really hope they do love it and its not badly treated - the other upsetting thing is that i saw the same dog being walked by the male owner the day before and it was limping :-(

What would you have done?

Back to top Go down
janandruby44
Team Support
Team Support

Female
Number of posts : 11929

PostSubject: Re: Sooo angry   Thu 15 Mar 2012, 1:12 pm

Exactly the same as you but the temptation to get out and slap her too would have been the same. There is no need to do that and why people text whilst they walk dogs is beyond me - pay attention to your dog!
Back to top Go down
tifla
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 635

PostSubject: Re: Sooo angry   Thu 15 Mar 2012, 1:56 pm

Yeah - would definitely have felt the same! Hate people doing things like that.

A few months ago I was walking home with Bertie - he'd been for a good run at a quiet spot behind the beck, but was back on the lead because the beach was full of kids / donkeys & dogs. An off-lead beagle came strutting up off the beach & was barking in Bertie's face - & of course, Bertie being Bertie, he was barking right back.

The beagle's owner came up to retrieve her dog & when she had him back on the lead she told me he just wanted to play (he didn't!) but then smacked him the face with the lead. I tried to stop her but quickly gave up (& yes, I feel bad about that!) because people in the crowd which had gathered were saying that I should do the same to Bertie - he was clearly a dangerous dog / staffie / PITBULL!!! At this point, he was about 7 months old & had recently been attacked twice by other dogs & all he'd done was respond noisily to a dog approaching him aggressively.

I ended up almost crying because I was so angry - at the way the woman had treated the poor beagle, at myself for not stopping her & at the crowd for thinking a) that it's ok / desriable to treat a dog like that & b) that Bertie was dangerous - 1 guy even said 'I thought pitbulls had to be destroyed'.

ggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
Back to top Go down
Bubbles-mum
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 1916

PostSubject: Re: Sooo angry   Thu 15 Mar 2012, 2:38 pm

Ive seen a man hit a red good looking male staffie once when I was in the car just parked up. He walk past me and waited for his mate to get his car. For some un no reason he started to pick up pebbles from the floor and started to through them at his dog. Then he kicked him. I was like WTF and was so angry to. But I could do anything as this nob would of started with me to. My OH said it was best you didn't say anything but if he saw it then he would of hit the git and took the staff away.
Back to top Go down
suziet
Team Support
Team Support

Female
Number of posts : 23449

PostSubject: Re: Sooo angry   Thu 15 Mar 2012, 3:26 pm

Sorry hun but I would have stopped - got out and told her what I thought - I know thats not the maybe the right thing to do - but I hate people like that - poor little pooch xx
Back to top Go down
tifla
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 635

PostSubject: Re: Sooo angry   Thu 15 Mar 2012, 3:40 pm

It's really difficult - the natural instinct would be to get out & talk to (shout at) the woman.

However, most people in this situation react angrily & claim they weren't doing anything wrong & it's none of your business so she could have turned on you. She might have just ignored you. Or she might have waited till she was alone with the dog & then taken her anger towards you out on the dog.

I don't think there is a right answer.

Part of me thinks you should just be allowed to take the animal in this situation - but then people could just take a dog & claim that the person had been mistreating it.

It should be easier to report mistreatment of animals & you should be able to feel confident that it will be dealt with seriously.
Back to top Go down
jakies13
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 7512

PostSubject: Re: Sooo angry   Thu 15 Mar 2012, 6:37 pm

I would of had to get out of the car!!!
I have a compulsion when I see things like that I can't keep my mouth shut!
Last summer we were in traffic when I saw a man yank a poor little husky puppy so hard on his lead all four of its feet left the floor!
I shouted at him " if you cannot look after that poor dog properly then don't have a bloody dog at all!
He looked at me mumbled something and then continued to walk the other way. A couple walking past had also seen and said something to him as well and he just staftied to walk quicker.
Hope the message got through though and he started to treat the poor thing with a bit more respect!

Back to top Go down
VonnieC
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Female
Number of posts : 239

PostSubject: Re: Sooo angry   Fri 16 Mar 2012, 1:28 pm

I just can't get my head around why anyone would ever want to hurt another animal, especially one they keep as a pet!!! We had a RSPCA Officer at our Staffy Club last night, he mentioned taking pictures as evidence, if I ever see her do it again I will leap out of my car and take her picture, then I'll send it to the papers!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sooo angry   

Back to top Go down

Sooo angry
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1