Staffiezone

Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

HomeFrontLog inChat BoxRegister

Share | 

Train your dog to do strange things

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bubbles-mum
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 1916

PostSubject: Train your dog to do strange things   Sat 17 Mar 2012, 9:25 pm

Do you train your dog to do strange training. I'm trying to train bubbles to kiss me on the cheek. I no that's sounds strange but I think it show's his love and trust to me and mine. What I do is kiss him on the cheek and then say kiss back to him and put my cheek next to his face so he no's. He is getting it. When he does get it right and licks me on the cheek, I say good kiss, and give him a treat. Do you do strange training with your dog.
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 31917

PostSubject: Re: Train your dog to do strange things   Sat 17 Mar 2012, 9:37 pm

No not really. When we were working through the training classes one of the classes (I think intermediate) asked you to do 5 tricks with your dogs, I could not do any.

I have never taught my dogs to give their paws although Reubes will do that now as Ian has taught him. I was tasked at last weeks class with trying to teach him to spin which will then move onto positions on the move as we currently only do down, sit and stay.

One of our trainers dogs will play dead if she pretends to shoot him, that is quite funny to watch

Back to top Go down
Bubbles-mum
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 1916

PostSubject: Re: Train your dog to do strange things   Sat 17 Mar 2012, 9:51 pm

I can do paw to bubbles and spin. You just use a treat. This is what we did in training.
Back to top Go down
xclairex1
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 6615

PostSubject: Re: Train your dog to do strange things   Sat 17 Mar 2012, 10:05 pm

I have taught Kai to dance, speak and crawl amongst your other normal tricks.

Indie does cuddles (She puts her head under your chin)

Back to top Go down
Namadaja
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Female
Number of posts : 118

PostSubject: Re: Train your dog to do strange things   Sun 18 Mar 2012, 10:43 pm

Just taught Rosy to guess which paw the treat is in, she will place her paw on the correct hand. Other than that, noooo. I have a good book here called Brain Games for Dogs which looks great but feel like we are still settling in, don't want to over load her lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Train your dog to do strange things   

Back to top Go down

Train your dog to do strange things
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1