Staffiezone

Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

HomeFrontLog inChat BoxRegister

Share | 

Bonding and trust

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Namadaja
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Female
Number of posts : 118

PostSubject: Re: Bonding and trust   Sat 24 Mar 2012, 3:27 pm

Haha I feel like Dora the Explorer! We did it, we did it, we did it, hooray!

I briefly let Rosy off the lead. I wasn't going to bother but as we came round to the field it was clear, no distractions! I took my son along and he had his football so at least knew if she did run for it all we had to do was put the ball on the floor (goes mental if she sees a football being kicked about lol). She pootled along and did return a few times if I called her excitedly. Once we rounded the corner of the field and she could see the other exit she just blanked me totally and trotted towards it. I called her again and she didn't respond at all so my son walked ahead to the gateway and she headed past him and he held her harness until I put her lead on. I think he was a bit disappointed not to have to use the ball as he was hoping she might puncture it and I would buy him a new one lol!!!

I'm keeping an eye on her today, think she might be a bit under the weather. She flatly refused breakfast and has been retching this morning but not bringing anything up. She keeps eating grass and wandering about with the path stones, I am really hoping she has had too much grass and not been eating the stones!!!

(I just bought her bed take 2......shhhhhh)
Back to top Go down
tifla
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 635

PostSubject: Re: Bonding and trust   Sat 24 Mar 2012, 3:36 pm

I hope this bed survives & that Rosy perks up soon.

Well done on letting her off the lead & getting her back! xx
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 31921

PostSubject: Re: Bonding and trust   Sat 24 Mar 2012, 5:01 pm

Thats good news well done. She may have a dicky tummy so will eat the grass, dont worry if she is sick later. Just make sure she has plenty to drink

Back to top Go down
Namadaja
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: Bonding and trust   Sat 24 Mar 2012, 5:19 pm

Hehe she was very pleased to see her dinner! And she has accepted the new bed with her fleece blankets draped over it, seems quite chuffed by it once its covered lol. Its not as poofy as her old bed but hey ho!

How much do your dogs drink? Rosy doesn't seem to drink much and has decided today that she doesn't like her water bowl. My own fault as I gave her some water from an old plastic dog bowl yesterday and now she keeps going to that!
Back to top Go down
tifla
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 635

PostSubject: Re: Bonding and trust   Sat 24 Mar 2012, 6:26 pm

Bertie eats a lot but he won't drink for ages - then he'll suddenly guzzle gallons after he's been galloping around.

He poos & wees less than any dog I've ever known - even asked the vet who just said not to worry about it cos Bertie 'is the picture of health'.
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 31921

PostSubject: Re: Bonding and trust   Sat 24 Mar 2012, 6:35 pm

Reuben does not seem to drink much at all but then when he does he drinks a load.

If we are out on a walk he usually needs a couple of drinks as he will have been charging around with his ball

Back to top Go down
wids
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 11372

PostSubject: Re: Bonding and trust   Sat 24 Mar 2012, 7:15 pm

cheerleader congrats on letting her off lead.....scary moment for the first time but each time the trust builds until it becomes routine.. spinner smile

Ours drink different amounts depending on what 's occurring today, how far they walked, how warm it is or what food they've eaten. It's easy peasy with multiple dog households, when they all do the same you know it's normal. lol!

You'll get used to her drinking habits
Back to top Go down
Namadaja
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: Bonding and trust   Sun 25 Mar 2012, 4:00 pm

Haha we have a theme....if Rosy can see an exit then she is outta there! We gave it another go at a different place today and she could see the exit across the field and she ran with purpose!!! I managed to catch her up but she had already left and gone over a foot bridge eek! More work needed. Cannot let her off near another dog, she just has no idea how to be polite. Will go back to the longline and work on that and will get more yummy treats and a little treat tin. If we so much as touch the treat tin at home she is there like a shot....bit too big for my pocket though lol.
Back to top Go down
K999
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Male
Number of posts : 1087

PostSubject: Re: Bonding and trust   Sun 25 Mar 2012, 4:51 pm

just on the drink thing,
dogs get most of their fluids through their food, so what they are fed plays a big part in how much water they drink.
My mums dog hardly drinks and doesn't pee after about 4pm until the morning. My Mizz drinks 3 or 4 times during the day, pees at around 7am, 3pm and 10pm (and on walks of course).
Back to top Go down
Namadaja
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: Bonding and trust   Sun 25 Mar 2012, 5:43 pm

Well, we have a metal bowl and I am finding she is much more willing to drink out of the old plastic bowl so I wonder if theres a taste there. She does go in and gulp half a bowl at a time rather than keep going back. She pees plenty though often not on a walk, usually waits until she is home. I would say she probably goes about 6 or 7 times a day, poops about 3 or 4 times a day.

I am going to just watch Rosy, she will tell me if shes not feeling right :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bonding and trust   

Back to top Go down

Bonding and trust
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2