Staffiezone

Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

HomeFrontLog inChat BoxRegister

Share | 

New members?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
tifla
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 635

PostSubject: New members?   Fri 23 Mar 2012, 9:11 am

Yesterday morning at the bus stop I met a lovely little staffie who clambered all over me – she was in season – so no wonder DB was fascinated when I finally got home after Parents’ Evening.

This morning I ran in to a couple & I just had to ask if I could say hello to their gorgeous little brindle staffie / staffie cross – I don’t think they are 100% sure what he is, either. They think he’s about 6 months old (I think he looks a little younger)& they took him from his owners who were going to ‘have him put to sleep because they couldn’t be bothered with him!’. This was only last night!

Anyway, after stopping myself from stealing the beautiful little dog, I told them about this forum & encouraged them to have a look. I told them how much support & advice I have had from you all & how friendly & welcoming it is & how lovely you all are! spinner smile

I don’t know whether or not they have had dogs before, but I do know that round here at least loads of young staffie / staffie crosses seem to go through many homes in quick succession. I suspect this is sometimes because the various owners don’t know how to deal with some behaviours & rehome the dogs but then the next people get fed up & the behaviour is never dealt with so the poor dogs just keep being passed around till finally they end up in a shelter - or the wrong home. I know this is not news to any of you on this forum!

The couple seemed really lovely & I’m sure they have taken on the puppy with nothing but the best of intentions, but I hoped perhaps that if they are able to talk to everybody on here, it might minimise the chances of this puppy going through a succession of homes.

xx

Last edited by tifla on Fri 23 Mar 2012, 2:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 31921

PostSubject: Re: New members?   Fri 23 Mar 2012, 9:49 am

Thats good news that he now hopefully has a secure home.

Thanks for passing on our details Sue, if we can help one dog then it makes everything worthwhile x

Back to top Go down
janandruby44
Team Support
Team Support

Female
Number of posts : 11929

PostSubject: Re: New members?   Fri 23 Mar 2012, 12:54 pm

Good on you Sue, they'll get all the support they need from here. I know I've had loads in the almost 3 years (can't believe it's that long) that I've had Elsdon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New members?   

Back to top Go down

New members?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1