Staffiezone

Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

HomeFrontLog inChat BoxRegister

Share | 

Cat! What are the dogs body language really saying

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
xXxEricaxXx
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 672

PostSubject: Cat! What are the dogs body language really saying   Sun 25 Mar 2012, 4:14 pm

I watched my two closely today when they saw a cat and I'm not sure if it is exactly aggresive.

They both have their ears up and are pulling forward on the leader but no growling or barking. Their tails are in a medium position(not high nor low) with a slight curl in the end which I think is their relaxed tail.

Is it possible they are just curious and want to play?
Back to top Go down
K999
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Male
Number of posts : 1087

PostSubject: Re: Cat! What are the dogs body language really saying   Sun 25 Mar 2012, 5:06 pm

tough one to call without seeing them, but curiousness generally has a little more caution involved so you see less pulling and more head movement and the dog trys to suss out the cat.
Excitement usually sees the dog be a bit more 'bouncy', more pully, maybe some higher pitched sounds etc, more play like.
I'd hazard a guess that your two were curious but were stalking, so although they weren't sure what the cat was, they were sussing it out but were presuming a chase is going to happen.

If you could video it and post it on here I could be clearer for you?
Back to top Go down
xXxEricaxXx
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 672

PostSubject: Re: Cat! What are the dogs body language really saying   Sun 25 Mar 2012, 7:51 pm

I'll try and get a video tonight. Haha, usually I avoid cats and squirrels at all costs but tonight I'll be hunting them out.

I think probably the latter of what you said applies to them. Rosie was making some high pitched whinging noises but the tension on the lead said if I had let go they would of chased that cat around the world.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cat! What are the dogs body language really saying   

Back to top Go down

Cat! What are the dogs body language really saying
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1