Staffiezone

Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

HomeFrontLog inChat BoxRegister

Share | 

Rescue

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
nickfox77

Female
Number of posts : 6

PostSubject: Rescue    Fri 27 Apr 2012, 8:29 pm

Hi All,
Not sure if this is the right place to post this but if not Im sure you will be kind enough to let me know spinner smile
If you read my new member post you will know I recently lost my loving girl Missi who has been my gorgeous boy's (Chester) companion for 10 years. He is like a lost lamb and really missing having her around. So I would like to rescue a young bitch, Rather than buy a pup from a breeder.
Now my other consideration is my children Maddie is 6 and Maisie is 1, both very used to the Staffie barge lol and very respectful of the dogs space. They love my dog and he loves them very much x

Chester is never great with strange dogs especially ones bigger than him or more dominant, he is however good with young dogs and smaller ones, this said I am always cautious with other dogs. He adores his best friend Ethel (my dads Jack Russell) but she is submissive.

I have looked on many rescue sites and most state they will not rehome where there are young children in the home, I understand there are saftey measures to take but not all dogs are the same.
Can you guys help at all??
Im in Grantham, Lincolnshire I dont mind travelling as long as its not too far and I have a wonderful loving forever home to offer.
I am a responsible dog owner and have lots of experience with our beloved breed, Ive even been a home inspector for a small branch of the RSPCA in the past. Im home 3 days per week and my partner is home on the 2 days when I work so always someone here. We have a large garden all fenced to 6ft high and fully enclosed, our garden backs on to the hills where we can walk for miles.
We dont have a vast amount of money but we do have a loving, experienced, forever home to offer.
What more could a Staffie want? Loads of Love
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 31891

PostSubject: Re: Rescue    Fri 27 Apr 2012, 10:01 pm

I am not in your area sorry so cannot recommend a shelter local to you. Although it is not rescue you could try looking on local newspapers and check gumtree. I know a lot of people are dubious about sites ike gumtree but I got Reuben from there when we could not find a young rescue male. Chloe was almost 11 when we got Reuben and it was a bit fraught at the outset and it took her a while to adapt to him but eventually them became very close.

Have you thought about contacting Barbara Green to see if she can recommend anyone in your area? I have her telephone number if you would like it.

How far can you travel? Adam (K999) works at a shelter in North Clywd that has lots of staffies, I am not sure what their policy is on homing with children though

Back to top Go down
nickfox77

Female

PostSubject: Re: Rescue    Fri 27 Apr 2012, 10:38 pm

Hi
Yes I have been looking in my area on all sites I can think of. Im sure the right one will turn up probably when I have about given up lol.
I think Adam will be too far from me.
Thanks for your help tho
x x x
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 31891

PostSubject: Re: Rescue    Fri 27 Apr 2012, 10:39 pm

Do you want another staffie or will you consider something else?

Back to top Go down
nickfox77

Female

PostSubject: Re: Rescue    Sat 28 Apr 2012, 8:39 am

I would prefer a Staffie, or any bull breed really x
Back to top Go down
Alliecass
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 6762

PostSubject: Re: Rescue    Sat 28 Apr 2012, 9:04 am

I live in Wales so cant help on the rescue front, but I wish you all the very best with you search xxx
Back to top Go down
wids
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 11372

PostSubject: Re: Rescue    Sat 28 Apr 2012, 11:11 am

Have you looked through the rehoming section here on the forum ?

http://staffiezone.boardonly.com/f51-dogs-looking

or if you would take an older dog 6-7 yrs plus there's the Oldies club.

http://www.oldies.org.uk

Back to top Go down
janandruby44
Team Support
Team Support

Female
Number of posts : 11929

PostSubject: Re: Rescue    Sat 28 Apr 2012, 11:53 am

Good idea Liz, the older ones always get overlooked and good luck with your search, you sound ideal for a dog looking for a new home fingers crossed
Back to top Go down
Namadaja
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Female
Number of posts : 118

PostSubject: Re: Rescue    Sat 28 Apr 2012, 9:55 pm

My Mum is currently fostering a female springer spaniel thats looking for her forever home. Not a staffie I know but thought I would mention her as she is lovely :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rescue    

Back to top Go down

Rescue
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1