Staffiezone

Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

HomeFrontLog inChat BoxRegister

Share | 

Crying puppy is driving me nuts ? lol

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
british_boi
Getting Comfy
Getting Comfy

Male
Number of posts : 22

PostSubject: Crying puppy is driving me nuts ? lol   Fri 18 May 2012, 11:20 pm

hi i got my second staffy as a puppy and he is now 7 months old, but we have a problem with him crying all the time.he has neva been given praise of any sort for this so im confused as to why its happening, hes fine when we go out and stuff but when we are indoors he will lay in his bed either on his own or with my other dog and just randomly start crying for no reason! :s ive tried ignoring him but finding it damn near impossible lol hes recently been to the vets for a check up and everythings fine so it must be just a behaviour problem ? as i never had any problems like this with my other one im a little confused as to how to tackle this. any hints, tips or advice would be fantastic please ?

thank you :)
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 31850

PostSubject: Re: Crying puppy is driving me nuts ? lol   Fri 18 May 2012, 11:22 pm

When he is crying do you respond to him? I am wondering if he has learnt this is how to get your attention?

Back to top Go down
british_boi
Getting Comfy
Getting Comfy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Crying puppy is driving me nuts ? lol   Fri 18 May 2012, 11:24 pm

hmmm yes lol i ignore him for aslong as my short temper can take and then ssh him. ?
Back to top Go down
Jakethedog
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Male
Number of posts : 3702

PostSubject: Re: Crying puppy is driving me nuts ? lol   Sat 19 May 2012, 6:49 am

british_boi wrote:
hmmm yes lol i ignore him for aslong as my short temper can take and then ssh him. ?

lol You sound just like me , it drives me mad when Alfie does this , it's just attention seeking , I just give Alfie A couple of warning then put him out of my sight if he carrys on , it might not stop him doing it but least I cant hear him lol!
He tends to do it more if I'm busy doing something I need to give more attention than I'm giving him at the time
Maybe ask Adam in the k999 section
Back to top Go down
suziet
Team Support
Team Support

Female
Number of posts : 23371

PostSubject: Re: Crying puppy is driving me nuts ? lol   Sat 19 May 2012, 7:21 am

We have a cryer too - Diesel does this and it drives us nuts too - If he is just crying for no reason then I say - enough in a stern voice - I don't shout or get angry as I found this just made him worse - it does stop Diesel from crying but OMG you have my sympathy xx
Back to top Go down
lindauk
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 9711

PostSubject: Re: Crying puppy is driving me nuts ? lol   Sat 19 May 2012, 8:26 am

Must drive you mad.
I have no experience of this other than the cry if walk times 2 minutes late.
Back to top Go down
wids
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 11372

PostSubject: Re: Crying puppy is driving me nuts ? lol   Sat 19 May 2012, 9:57 am

I think he's still very young and craves the attention that makes him happy and secure - I think although ignoring him may help him learn that he won't get attention all the time he also needs to be tired enough to rest properly feel totally secure and be mentally stimulated enough to not need you and settle.

Don't know if you've tried this but it may be that he needs something practical like a stuffed kong or something that he can lay and chew with to keep his mind occupied and stop him worrying about getting your attention ?

If he gets a special toy only for when you want him to settle or leave you alone he may learn that being left to do his own thing occasionally is actually a good thing?

Also is his bed open or is it a crate? Sometimes crates work better because you can cover them and give the feeling of more security or nightime to the pup.

Back to top Go down
british_boi
Getting Comfy
Getting Comfy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Crying puppy is driving me nuts ? lol   Sat 19 May 2012, 11:46 pm

hi thanks all that had tips and Liz they both have a cage each wich is used for bed time but have an open bed for the day time.
i keep meening to get him a kong as our other dog has one too wich i used to get him out of his biting when he was younger. but if one has a toy then they will be spending 24hours chasing eachother for that toy so not sure how i can make that work.
And jakethedog ....... what you do is exactly what my other half does ! lol
Back to top Go down
janandruby44
Team Support
Team Support

Female
Number of posts : 11929

PostSubject: Re: Crying puppy is driving me nuts ? lol   Sun 20 May 2012, 9:45 am

Ruby does this when we aren't paying enough attention to her or she wants to play.

We ignore it too until it gets too much then say "enough". She then goes and lies down and sulks spinner smile
Back to top Go down
wids
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 11372

PostSubject: Re: Crying puppy is driving me nuts ? lol   Mon 21 May 2012, 9:50 am

british_boi wrote:
hi thanks all that had tips and Liz they both have a cage each wich is used for bed time but have an open bed for the day time.
i keep meening to get him a kong as our other dog has one too wich i used to get him out of his biting when he was younger. but if one has a toy then they will be spending 24hours chasing eachother for that toy so not sure how i can make that work.

Know what you mean about the toy ours were the same - whatever one's got the other wants it !! lol!
Back to top Go down
british_boi
Getting Comfy
Getting Comfy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Crying puppy is driving me nuts ? lol   Mon 21 May 2012, 11:34 am

janandruby44 wrote:
Ruby does this when we aren't paying enough attention to her or she wants to play.

We ignore it too until it gets too much then say "enough". She then goes and lies down and sulks spinner smile

lol thats what junior does ! sulks in his bed for 5 mins then cries again lol
Back to top Go down
british_boi
Getting Comfy
Getting Comfy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Crying puppy is driving me nuts ? lol   Mon 21 May 2012, 11:35 am

wids wrote:
british_boi wrote:

Know what you mean about the toy ours were the same - whatever one's got the other wants it !! lol!

thats pretty much it yeah, they get very selfish dogs, they had a string ball ages ago n all that was left was 1 little piece of string and they both still wanted it, even something that small lol
Back to top Go down
getcarter
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 2019

PostSubject: Re: Crying puppy is driving me nuts ? lol   Mon 21 May 2012, 12:14 pm

LOL, I know just what you mean, any time mine have kongs, they are seperated to stop any arguing!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crying puppy is driving me nuts ? lol   

Back to top Go down

Crying puppy is driving me nuts ? lol
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1