Staffiezone

Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

HomeFrontLog inChat BoxRegister

Share | 

Home-Boarding

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
xclairex1
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 6615

PostSubject: Home-Boarding   Sat 19 May 2012, 12:03 am

Went to visit a home-boarder today with the dogs.

lara is a vetrinary physio and runs her business from home. She also has horses and stables. She has two female lurchers.

The dogs were all fine - we walked them together first then into the house. She has a large house in the country and the dogs will have free run of the living room and be walked on the beach and in the fields.

I am happy that ive found somewhere for them to go - For now its only for two days when we get married but If i know theyre ok there we may go on honeymoon.

Back to top Go down
suziet
Team Support
Team Support

Female
Number of posts : 23424

PostSubject: Re: Home-Boarding   Sat 19 May 2012, 7:28 am

WOW only 2 days how incredibly exciting xx

It is lovely to find somewhere like you have - sounds fabulous honey xx
Back to top Go down
K999
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Male
Number of posts : 1087

PostSubject: Re: Home-Boarding   Sat 19 May 2012, 7:28 am

Home boarding is the only option for me, costs pretty much the same as kennels but is so so much better for the dogs.

Kennels are an absolute last resort for mine and then only for very short periods. Considering the state Mizzie was in the rescue centre I've no idea how far back a kennel stay would set her!
Back to top Go down
suziet
Team Support
Team Support

Female
Number of posts : 23424

PostSubject: Re: Home-Boarding   Sat 19 May 2012, 7:30 am

I agree Adam - we paid £30 per night for our boys in home boarding and they received one on one attention and they were so content xx
Back to top Go down
K999
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Male
Number of posts : 1087

PostSubject: Re: Home-Boarding   Sat 19 May 2012, 8:11 am

I put my old boy Alfie with a home boarder for a few weeks and when I went to pick him up, he ran down the drive to meet me, said hello, then trotted back into the house and settled down on 'his' couch! He would have been quite happy to stay there!

Also, my mum and dad took on a stranger biting (dogs and people) Eurasier, Kody, from the rescue as their first dog (!) and due to a few family problems they had to kennel him a few weeks a few times. The place he went to had 3 dogs, got 2 or 3 walks and had a big fenced paddock. He loved it there, learnt to play from the other 3 dogs, got used to the owners and started sitting with them in the evenings. So not oly was it a great place to stay, it helped his development massively also!

I'm glad you've found somewhere good Claire, it gives you peace of mind whilst you're away to know your dogs will be doing fine and having a holiday of their own.
Back to top Go down
Alliecass
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 6762

PostSubject: Re: Home-Boarding   Sat 19 May 2012, 8:15 am

so glad that you have found someone that you are happy with, now you can really enjoy your special day

spinner smile
Back to top Go down
lindauk
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 9711

PostSubject: Re: Home-Boarding   Sat 19 May 2012, 8:25 am

Pleased you've got it and are happy to leave your pack.
now relax and enjoy your weekend. x
Back to top Go down
Sandi
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 15687

PostSubject: Re: Home-Boarding   Sat 19 May 2012, 8:40 am

Sounds like a great place and great person Claire, I am sure they will be very happy - so now you can relax and get on with your enjoyment time spinner smile

Back to top Go down
stepys1
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 2354

PostSubject: Re: Home-Boarding   Sat 19 May 2012, 9:00 am

Sounds lovely, it'll really help you out to have them on board. Are they having a trial stay at all before the wedding? Quattro has visited our dog walker on quite a few occasions now but is having a full day & night stay today just so he gets used to it all plus we have a wedding to go to today.

Maybe if you're happy with them (which I'm dure you will be) you may feel comfortable leaving hem for a little honeymoon spinner smile
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 31893

PostSubject: Re: Home-Boarding   Sat 19 May 2012, 9:02 am

Sounds like a fantastic place where they will be well looked after

Back to top Go down
wids
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 11372

PostSubject: Re: Home-Boarding   Sat 19 May 2012, 10:04 am

That's great news, really pleased you've found somewhere that suits you and the dogs.

We did it the other way round we had house pet sitters come in and stay with ours - they were so good with the dogs our Phoebe tried to leave with them when they left lol!
Back to top Go down
Toni
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 5585

PostSubject: Re: Home-Boarding   Sat 19 May 2012, 2:56 pm

If I went away, Id only want home boarding for mine, I dont agree with kennels, especially when my dogs have been bought up in the comfort of a home.
Back to top Go down
xclairex1
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 6615

PostSubject: Re: Home-Boarding   Sat 19 May 2012, 3:09 pm

Most kennels wouldn't let me keep the boys together either and there's no way Id have them apart.

weve been very lucky to find a good home-boarder as I wouldn't have left them any other way

Back to top Go down
tifla
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 635

PostSubject: Re: Home-Boarding   Sat 19 May 2012, 3:16 pm

We were lucky with Midge - all our friends & family who ever dog sat for us loved her - we used to have volunteers & they had to take it in turns. Not sure what she did to make herself so popular - perhaps she cleaned the house for them or something! lol

We dog sat for some friends when they got married cos they'd lost all confidence in the kennels they'd used before. They went to collect Joe & Greg & no-one knew whether or not Joe had had his meds - without them he's in a lot of pain & repeating the dose would have been a dangerous overdose. We were all appalled.

It's fab you found somewhere, Claire! Hope you have a fab day & - perhaps - a really lovely honeymoon. xx
Back to top Go down
getcarter
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 2019

PostSubject: Re: Home-Boarding   Mon 21 May 2012, 12:31 pm

That's brilliant news! I need to find somewhere for the girls while we're on holiday, mum was going to do it with Jo Hicks as a walker but not sure she'll (mum) be able to manage...
Back to top Go down
janandruby44
Team Support
Team Support

Female
Number of posts : 11929

PostSubject: Re: Home-Boarding   Mon 21 May 2012, 12:51 pm

That's good news Claire, you can relax now spinner smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Home-Boarding   

Back to top Go down