Staffiezone

Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

HomeFrontLog inChat BoxRegister

Share | 

clamping down

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Alliecass
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 6762

PostSubject: clamping down   Thu 28 Jun 2012, 12:06 pm

They are really clamping down on people not cleaning up their dogs poo, or keeping to the summer regulations on our local beach, I went there yesterday and there were too dog wardens, they asked me if I knew the summer rules and regulations regarding dogs on the beach, I do because there are signs, that tell you, basically you are not allowed to let your dog run free on the beach that is in front of the green from May - september, the rest of the beach they can run free and of course you MUST clean up the dog poo.

yesterday they gave a woman on on the spot fine, £75 for not cleaning up her dog poo and they are taking another owner to court, because she had four dogs running free in front of the green.

Back to top Go down
Sandi
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 15687

PostSubject: Re: clamping down   Thu 28 Jun 2012, 1:40 pm

Well I am sorry, but rules are there for a reason and it only takes a second to clean it up, I know it can be a pain sometimes, but imagine what it would be like if they just let all dogs toilet on the beaches.

Most of the places where they want you to pick up have bins provided so you don't usually have to take it home even.

Simples.

Back to top Go down
Alliecass
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 6762

PostSubject: Re: clamping down   Thu 28 Jun 2012, 6:19 pm

Oh yes I totally agree Sandi, the rules are there so that wee ones can walk on the beach bare foot without stepping in dog poo and they have a safe area to play.

you cant miss the signs as they are regularly spaced out and clear and needless to say I always clean up Cassies dog poo and I stick to the summer rules, there is plenty of space for the dogs to run free at both ends of the beach. xx and as far as im concern there is no excuse not to clean up after your dog and yes ther are plenty of bins sepcifically for the dog poo, that is then taken away to be incinerated.
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 31921

PostSubject: Re: clamping down   Thu 28 Jun 2012, 7:45 pm

Wish they would clamp down around here, sick to death of dodging it on the wasteland we cross to the fields. I dont mind it in the undergrowth but it is all over the pathways

Back to top Go down
lindauk
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 9711

PostSubject: Re: clamping down   Thu 28 Jun 2012, 10:20 pm

there clamping down here with £75 fines for people who don't clean up
a woman who had been hiding ( watching we presume ) approached Keith and said " Im pleased to see you cleaned up after your dog, I notice you smoke and if you drop your stump that will be a £75 fine as well "
nice for her to give him a heads up really.
Back to top Go down
janandruby44
Team Support
Team Support

Female
Number of posts : 11929

PostSubject: Re: clamping down   Thu 28 Jun 2012, 11:03 pm

I noticed in our local paper that a man in Crosshills had been fined for not cleaning up after his dog. First of all he claimed not to remember being there but then said he didn't notice as he was talking to a friend - doh!

Good on them for clamping down but don't pick on the regular dog walkers who do scoop their poop and if there is no-one else on the beach why not let your dog run free, you can do it on playing fields? That's why I love Haverigg, walk for ten minutes then you see no-one at all spinner smile
Back to top Go down
megandrussell
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Female
Number of posts : 187

PostSubject: Re: clamping down   Fri 29 Jun 2012, 7:56 am

they have brought in a law here recently that if you are out walking your dog and you don't have any baggies with you to clean up you can get a fine. doesn't matter if your dog poos or not! if you don't have the bag you're fined!

I have never seen any one enforcing this though. and I have seen sooooo many poos left at the dog park, people just pretend they don't see it happening. it really annoys me especially if it's out in the open where people will be walking. I have sometimes seen someone ignoring their dog pooing and I'll go and hand them one of my bags... just for a hint!
Back to top Go down
jakies13
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 7512

PostSubject: Re: clamping down   Fri 29 Jun 2012, 10:08 am

I totally agree with on the spot fines as its irresponsible not to pick it up! It's a shame they don't do it around here as I'm fed up of poo dodging every time I go out!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: clamping down   

Back to top Go down

clamping down
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Staffiezone :: Dog Chat, Help and Advice :: General or Random Staffie, Bullie and Dog Chat-
Jump to: