Staffiezone

Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

HomeFrontLog inChat BoxRegister

Share | 

Walking the dog

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 31921

PostSubject: Walking the dog   Thu 28 Jun 2012, 9:31 pm

When you think about where you walk your dog would you walk there on your own or do you walk in places where you would only feel comfortable with or without your dog?

I like to get out and explore which means I go to some pretty remote places locally but as they are local to me I never worry about walking there.

Back to top Go down
Alliecass
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 6762

PostSubject: Re: Walking the dog   Thu 28 Jun 2012, 10:07 pm

Im like you Jo, I go miles into the forestry tracks and never see anyone at all, I walked two miles in and out on wednesday, it was fab, however friends tell me I should not do this alone, but I feel very safe, I also love being on the beach with just me and cassie, I love finding new trails that i havent used before.
Back to top Go down
lindauk
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 9711

PostSubject: Re: Walking the dog   Thu 28 Jun 2012, 10:26 pm

I've just stopped walking by myself out in the wilds , for want of a better word,
Keith has been letting Dell walk where he wants to go a few times
and he takes him the long way round but always ends up at the park.
but all in all I go where I want with him as Keiths always with us.
Back to top Go down
stepys1
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 2364

PostSubject: Re: Walking the dog   Thu 28 Jun 2012, 10:51 pm

I worry far too much and always walk quattro in public places. Would love to be more like you tough girls spinner smile but I do feel that Quattro misses out when I take him out on my own because of this. My friends think I'm made, they all say but you have a staff who's going to attack you....he'll lick someone to deaf before doing anything else
Back to top Go down
janandruby44
Team Support
Team Support

Female
Number of posts : 11929

PostSubject: Re: Walking the dog   Thu 28 Jun 2012, 10:57 pm

I loved walking with Ruby and Elsdon on the beach at Haverigg, could have just walked for miles and miles, we also did a bit of sand dune exploring but I wasn't comfortable with it as I couldn't get my bearings and I was worried that Elsdon would run off after some furry and I'd lose him.

I also like finding new walks and am not afraid to go anywhere different with them. I feel more comfortable walking Elsdon in strange places as he is bigger which is daft really as Ruby can give as good as he can if required.
Back to top Go down
StaffySel
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 6585

PostSubject: Re: Walking the dog   Sat 30 Jun 2012, 9:51 pm

I've just had a telling off for walking Enzo too far out on my own

I wanted to go somewhere Enzo could have a good run so I drove to a field. We did bump into a jogger who Enz barked at which is very unusual, so I think he sensed we shouldn't have been there lol

I tend to keep looking over my shoulder when I'm up hills or fields, I do get a bit freaked out, but I feel protected with Enzo, I wouldn't go there on my own.
Back to top Go down
jakies13
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 7512

PostSubject: Re: Walking the dog   Sun 01 Jul 2012, 8:17 am

I'm not to bad in quiet places as I know that the dogs would protect me but OH isn't keen on me going too far out but tough lol

Back to top Go down
Sandi
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 15687

PostSubject: Re: Walking the dog   Sun 01 Jul 2012, 10:19 am

I don't go somewhere I don't know as I am useless at directions and would get hopelessly lost. If I find a new spot I make sure I know where I am going first and which paths before I take the dogs.

Back to top Go down
getcarter
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 2019

PostSubject: Re: Walking the dog   Sun 01 Jul 2012, 8:36 pm

I walk in the woods twice a day, usually at the same times each day, find it better as I know the people and dogs then.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Walking the dog   

Back to top Go down

Walking the dog
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1