Staffiezone

Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

HomeFrontLog inChat BoxRegister

Share | 

Smelly, muddy dog

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
getcarter
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 2019

PostSubject: Smelly, muddy dog   Fri 29 Jun 2012, 6:10 pm

Every time I take the dogs out to the woods and it's warm, Daisy finds a puddle to roll in.
I've got to wash her obviously but she still smells of muddy puddle. What can I use to get rid of the smell? I would prefer not to use shampoo everytime but if I have to has anyone got suggestions of a mild shampoo that works?

My other problem is in the car on the way home she tends to transfer the mud to the other dogs so I need a very lightweight coat that will keep the mud on her and not shared around but also not get her too hot.
Back to top Go down
Alliecass
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 6762

PostSubject: Re: Smelly, muddy dog   Fri 29 Jun 2012, 7:45 pm

baby shampoo works really well for this on Cassie as its very mild and doesnt take the oils out of there coat. I have also put velcro on a big old bath towel and it just fasten,s around her neck and just kinda then drapes over her body, its and old towel so quite thin and not too hot, but it stops the mud splatter over the car seat and would stop your dog transfering mud to the other dogs xxx
Back to top Go down
lindauk
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 9711

PostSubject: Re: Smelly, muddy dog   Fri 29 Jun 2012, 8:43 pm

im going to invent a bag made out of toweling that you put the dog in with his/her head sticking out , then a waterproof cover.
dragons den here i come.
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 31921

PostSubject: Re: Smelly, muddy dog   Fri 29 Jun 2012, 8:54 pm

The towel sounds like a good idea and baby shampoo will be gentle on her. Fingers crossed for some hot weather to dry the puddles out

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Smelly, muddy dog   

Back to top Go down

Smelly, muddy dog
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1