Staffiezone

Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

HomeFrontLog inChat BoxRegister

Share | 

cassie removing herself

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Alliecass
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 6762

PostSubject: cassie removing herself   Fri 29 Jun 2012, 7:51 pm

My daughter has visited today with my middle grandson and a friend, Cassie was fine at first she was happy to see them played a bit had cuddles, she then stayed by me kinda pressing into my legs and then when i got up to make some tea she took herself off to my bedroom and just layed on the rug next too my bed, she does this when a certain freind and dog comes to visit! but she has never done this when my middle grandson has been here. do you think this is okay??? she only then came down when they had gone.
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 31831

PostSubject: Re: cassie removing herself   Fri 29 Jun 2012, 8:59 pm

Is she OK in herself otherwise Allie? Was your grandson loud?

I am wondering if loud noise is affecting her due to your friends regular shouting at her dog? If your friend is telling Lili off Cassie may think she has done something wrong and that is why she removes herself and could be associating loud voices with being in trouble?

You could try turning up the TV loud and see how she reacts?

Back to top Go down
Alliecass
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: cassie removing herself   Fri 29 Jun 2012, 9:16 pm

Yes Jo she is okay in herself, she is eating well and enjoying her walks, my grandson and his friend were a bit loud, they were just messing about having fun. I think you are right with regard to a certain person and Cassie spends most of her time with just me, so its usually fairly laid back and quiet, Cassie has always hated shouting or loud noises, she is fine now cwtched up next to me on the sofa.

thanks Jo xxxxxxxx
Back to top Go down
Sandi
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 15686

PostSubject: Re: cassie removing herself   Fri 29 Jun 2012, 11:44 pm

I was thinking noise when I was reading it, kids can have high pitched squealy type noises and perhaps Cassie said her hellos and then wanted some time out.

I don't think it is anything to worry about.

Back to top Go down
suziet
Team Support
Team Support

Female
Number of posts : 23353

PostSubject: Re: cassie removing herself   Sat 30 Jun 2012, 7:56 am

I would have said the same as above - maybe she was unsure at first so sat near you then took herself off upstairs for a little peace maybe - did you try and call Cassie down when she went upstairs x
Back to top Go down
Alliecass
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: cassie removing herself   Sat 30 Jun 2012, 3:04 pm

thanks everyone for your replys,I didnt call her down Suzie I just left her upstairs, I did check on her and she was just laying on the sheepskin rug next to my bed.

she actually came upstairs last night when I went to bed, I put a fleece blanket on top of the sheepskin rug and she slept happily there all night.

Back to top Go down
wids
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 11372

PostSubject: Re: cassie removing herself   Sat 30 Jun 2012, 7:45 pm

We used to have a little dog called Rosie and when we had visitors she would give a big welcome and have some fun then when she had enough she'd go up to bed.

It was a bit bit like us humans putting our PJs on as a hint if guests stay too late and didn't leave at a polite time - when she'd had enough she didn't care who knew it lol
Back to top Go down
Alliecass
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: cassie removing herself   Sat 30 Jun 2012, 7:49 pm

wids wrote:
We used to have a little dog called Rosie and when we had visitors she would give a big welcome and have some fun then when she had enough she'd go up to bed.

It was a bit bit like us humans putting our PJs on as a hint if guests stay too late and didn't leave at a polite time - when she'd had enough she didn't care who knew it lol

I love this, so sweet, perhaps this is what Cassie is doing lol!
Back to top Go down
StaffySel
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 6585

PostSubject: Re: cassie removing herself   Sat 30 Jun 2012, 9:44 pm

It agree it could be noise

This morning I was playing my music and Enzo went off into my bedroom out the way, I think he just wanted piece and quiet lol.
Back to top Go down
janandruby44
Team Support
Team Support

Female
Number of posts : 11929

PostSubject: Re: cassie removing herself   Tue 03 Jul 2012, 7:20 am

Aw bless her, she just wanted to be out of the way, don't we all some times spinner smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: cassie removing herself   

Back to top Go down

cassie removing herself
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1