Staffiezone

Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

HomeFrontLog inChat BoxRegister

Share | 

i am so upset

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
candyrosie
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Female
Number of posts : 190

PostSubject: i am so upset   Fri 17 Aug 2012, 7:51 pm

well everything was going well but these two decided to have a spat today benson growled at candy and candy went at him, si got them but benson sliped out of his color and went to her and she had a right go. i am so fed up £150.00 it has just cost to get benson looked out as she reckoned he had a fracture, guess what no he did not.....
maybe i just dont deserve to have two dogs, they both get walked fed and loved, why does this keep happening to us :( :( :(
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 31831

PostSubject: Re: i am so upset   Fri 17 Aug 2012, 9:03 pm

How much excercise are they getting Sam?

Back to top Go down
Alliecass
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 6762

PostSubject: Re: i am so upset   Fri 17 Aug 2012, 9:18 pm

Is benson neutered Sam ?
Back to top Go down
candyrosie
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: i am so upset   Fri 17 Aug 2012, 10:16 pm

benson is, candy is not she has had her season last month with no problems. i dont know what is the matter with him , he has been off his food shiting in the house and now this.
they get one hour walk in the morning, one hour in the evening and at the weekend we take them to the field for a good run
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: i am so upset   Fri 17 Aug 2012, 10:33 pm

Perhaps he could have a bit of a tummy upset and is feeling a bit grumpy? Are his poops loose?

Try offeing him a light meal and see if he will eat that.

Back to top Go down
candyrosie
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: i am so upset   Fri 17 Aug 2012, 10:44 pm

no they are normal i just dont understand. why why why...... i am a good owner i see to all their needs i dont hit them i dont harm them, they curl up together and they are fine and this happens just like it did with candy and rosie, i cant handle going through it again, i am close to the point that i get rid of both and just wash my hands with having dogs.
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: i am so upset   Sat 18 Aug 2012, 9:13 am

Dont be silly!!

There is one thought that although he is castrated he could be reacting to Candys season?
Reuben was castrated at 7 months and someone brought their bitch to flyball and Reuben would not leave her alone

Few questions for you hun

Does he poop every time you are out?
How many times a day to you feed them and at what times
How long are they on their own for daily
What are they fed
Has anything changed in your routine

Back to top Go down
Alliecass
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: i am so upset   Sat 18 Aug 2012, 10:26 am

I agree with Jo, Benson could be reacting to the fact that candy has been in season. are you thinking of having her spayed Sam?
Back to top Go down
candyrosie
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: i am so upset   Sat 18 Aug 2012, 11:08 am

he has started to shit in the house he goes out does not do anything and then comes and craps everywhere and then shakes as he knows he has done wrong, we thought it was because we have moved house at first and he is still doing it, he craps not every day when we are out, we thought it was first because he was in the crete so we put him in the kitchen with baby gates up just like the old place and he still does it, i can come in let them out and just pop over to the shops and i wld come back and he has shit everywhere.
we feed twice a day, after they come back from walk but we only give a small amount and then abt 30 mins after we let them out for the business.
they are alone for 5 hours as this is all i work at the moment for 3 day it is only just over three.
we feed him on the pets at home nutrition range.
the only thing that has changed it that i am home more as my hours have been cut.
we do intend to get candy spayed.
i think they fight over simon we was talking last night and he said that they had been jumping all over him and he told them to get off and he went into the kitchen and benson followed si and turned and growled at candy.
i have now said that he needs to toughen up on them and become the pack leader, they dont dare do half the stuff that they try with simon.
Back to top Go down
lindauk
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 9711

PostSubject: Re: i am so upset   Sat 18 Aug 2012, 11:10 am

Dell still thinks he can blush banghead when he comes across a in season bitch
Back to top Go down
Sandi
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 15686

PostSubject: Re: i am so upset   Sat 18 Aug 2012, 11:51 am

Just wondering if you fed him once a day and then put him straight outside might help with the poo. Don't feed one hour before or one hour after excercise.

It might be a question of just back to basics with him in that you go outside and wait for him to toilet and then praise when he does, if he thinks you are going to play when you are waiting for him to go, just stand still an ignore him completely until he has done it.

Don't give up Sam you can work round this, but you are right that everyone in the house has to be giving the same signals out.

Back to top Go down
Alliecass
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: i am so upset   Sat 18 Aug 2012, 2:30 pm

I agree with sandi back to basics with him, go out with him and when he does his odd jobs lots of praise for him.

you will get there Sam group hug
Back to top Go down
candyrosie
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: i am so upset   Sat 18 Aug 2012, 3:14 pm

did that and he just still does it.
am changing them to the barf and see how that goes
Back to top Go down
Alliecass
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: i am so upset   Sat 18 Aug 2012, 4:14 pm

Keep at it Sam he will get it, has he ever been clean in the house?
Back to top Go down
candyrosie
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: i am so upset   Sat 18 Aug 2012, 7:05 pm

yes it has only been the last month that he has started it, and that is when we moved, i am going to change them to the barf diet i think.... i have just given them chicken and rice and they have not had to go straight away which they usally have to
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: i am so upset   Sat 18 Aug 2012, 7:26 pm

If your dog has to go straight away then I would say that is not the right food as it is passing through and the dog is not getting any nutrition from it.
Sounds like the move has upset him possibly if it only started when you moved.

Back to top Go down
Alliecass
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: i am so upset   Sat 18 Aug 2012, 7:59 pm

I agree with Jo sam if your dog has to go straight away then the food is not suiting them, hopefully he will be much better on the new diet x
Back to top Go down
getcarter
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 2019

PostSubject: Re: i am so upset   Sat 18 Aug 2012, 8:20 pm

I've got no other suggestions but send you big hugs and hope you work this out with them.
Back to top Go down
Zetstaff
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 544

PostSubject: Re: i am so upset   Sat 18 Aug 2012, 9:23 pm

Bless your heart, it's not easy to cope with. Do you take them training? It just sounds to me that they might need a bit more discipline, might they be getting away with a bit too much?

My 3 try it on, but we're very strict with what they can and can't get away with. They have an odd tiff but they know growling + snapping just isn't allowed + because they know the rules, they don't do it.

Do you crate one or both when you're not there? If you crate one you could try alternating them, also we found treats + toys can cause a big row, so now they only have stuff when we're around

Just trying to think of things to help you xxx
Back to top Go down
candyrosie
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: i am so upset   Sat 18 Aug 2012, 10:11 pm

they are both seperated one has the lounge one the kitchen.
they do not dare do anything when i am around, i had only left for work 20 mins before i got the call, all i have to do is look at them and they stop in their tracks no matter what they are doing. si is going to get tougher and has already started.
it was not over toys at all the toys were not out, we went through three years of hell with rosie and we know the tell tell signs it wld have been ok but benson sliped his collor.
i have given them chicken mince and rice tonight and they have not had to shit at all.
he might be feeling under the weather, the anti should sort out any thing that he has.
its just when i think there is peace in the house this happens.
si is upset cause the last fight that happened he got attacked by rosie and he still has flashbacks of it and he said it was like those two fighting all over again. he was a shaking mess when i got to the house.
i have told him that they are no longer aloud to sit up on the sofa with him and he is not to be their friend if that makes sence it is always me that disaplines them well not any more i am going to step back and it is down to him to dish it out.
trust me tracey we know all the deal about fights and i am sick to the back teeth of them.
all the toys have been taken away all there privalges have been taken away as well. i even have vandys muzzel sat on the side which i have not had cause to put her in for 6 months and she keeps looking at it wagging her tail and gives benson kisses, she knows excatly what she has done, benson is feeling very sorry for him self and is just snuggling into candy at every opt she gives him. but i have been through this before best of mates and then it just kicks off :(. rosie started the fights and i dont know if benson looked at candy in the same way which is why she flew. as it is so out of salts for her
Back to top Go down
Zetstaff
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: i am so upset   Sat 18 Aug 2012, 10:51 pm

Bless you xxx We had a bit of that, Tel being soft with them, but he's really toughened up + it's made such a difference. They still push it a bit with him, but if he raises his voice now they stop, shock I think lol

You're so right, if you're the one who always dishes it out, they'll try it on when you're not there. Must have been awful the attack, it's not easy to forget something like that I'm sure

I hope it sorts out for you, they're lucky to have you but they don't think like us xxx
Back to top Go down
candyrosie
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: i am so upset   Sun 19 Aug 2012, 10:22 am

unfort after the attack we made the decision to pts so yes it was terrifiying for si and we lost our baby girl through it on the 27th it will be 6 months :(
Back to top Go down
Zetstaff
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: i am so upset   Sun 19 Aug 2012, 11:22 am

I can't imagine what that must have been like, I would have been terrified too.

xxx
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: i am so upset   Fri 31 Aug 2012, 12:23 pm

How are things Sam?

Back to top Go down
candyrosie
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: i am so upset   Fri 31 Aug 2012, 12:37 pm

have not had anything else, i am not feeding them on mince and rice but so far nothing. but we will see after everything we went through with rosie i am not going to kidd myself
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: i am so upset   

Back to top Go down

i am so upset
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1