Staffiezone

Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

HomeFrontLog inChat BoxRegister

Share | 

Dogs who have them?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
suziet
Team Support
Team Support

Female
Number of posts : 23449

PostSubject: Dogs who have them?   Fri 24 Aug 2012, 2:58 pm

OMG what a morning I had!

Firstly - thanks Jo - Staffylover for looking after the Birthday post for me today)

Had a fab walk this morning with boys - but all that changed as I was literally 5 mins from home.

I was walking through a narrow passage (not using that again) when a lady and I met head on with our doggies (hers was a kinda labradoodle)

I turned around and said - don't worry I shall go the opposite way so you can pass.

The lady then said thank you and we had a little conversation, like you do with each other about doggies etc - all was good.

But then I saw all 3 poochies body language change - at which point I was saying - well I had better be off..... with that her doggie growled - my boys growled back and then my boys attacked each other omg

The lady walked off - which was good as if she would have tried to help - it would have fueled the fight.

At this point Diesel & Rocco are really having one hell of a fight and I was bloody helpless trying my hardest to seperate them - I am in the middle of my boys trying to split them up - and then before I knew it - I looked up and I was in the middle of the damn road!!!!!!!!1

A black car stopped in front of me - and I dragged the boys back onto the pavement - at that split second I managed to seperate them - but D & R werent giving up - I am knackered by this point -

I looked up and saw a wrought iron fence - so thought right - I will hook the leads onto fence - this giving me chance to free my hands and seperate them. With that thought - a gent shouted - love would you like a hand with your dogs?

I looked up and he was a guy who worked out and looked kind - so I said yes please - again the boys seperated and I habded him Diesel.

He was fabulous - he knelt down to Diesel and very calmly said shush and then just sat him down facing Rocco - I then attempted to take Diesel off the gent - but Rocco kicked off - so we waited a few more mins - the gent then asked - would you like a lift home - are you going to be ok

I said I would be ok and couldn't thank him enough (it was the guy who had stopped in the road as I stepped out)

I then took very short leads and started to run with the boys to drain their energy

All was well - got home - Rocco kicked off - so I seperated them competley for 2 hours and didnt acknowledge either of them

THANK GOD - when Paul re introudced them it was like nothing had happended but the boys did apprear upset by what had happended

So it turned out well - but it just goes to show - never take them for granted and I just hope I see that gent again as he was truly amazing - he really wanted to help - he never judged and without him I am not sure how much longer this would have gone on

DOGS WHO'D HAVE THEM - lol xx
Back to top Go down
Alliecass
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 6762

PostSubject: Re: Dogs who have them?   Fri 24 Aug 2012, 5:57 pm

Suzie what an experience group hug Im glad that the guy was on hand to help and that you and your dogs are now okay and that the reintroduction went well xxxxxxxxxxxx
Back to top Go down
Sandi
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 15687

PostSubject: Re: Dogs who have them?   Fri 24 Aug 2012, 7:04 pm

Awww Suzie loads of hugs - you did very very well.

Thank goodness for that guy though - how kind of him to help.

Hope you are feeling ok and D & R are settled now x

Back to top Go down
getcarter
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 2019

PostSubject: Re: Dogs who have them?   Fri 24 Aug 2012, 8:23 pm

group hug Aw Suz, I'm so sorry, glad the're OK together now.....dogs, who'd have 'em!
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 31921

PostSubject: Re: Dogs who have them?   Fri 24 Aug 2012, 8:32 pm

Hi suzie

Glad they have both settled, I have been thinking about you all day. I imagine it ws the frustration of not being able to get to the other dog that set them off on each other

Glad you are OK and did not get injured, it can be pretty messy trying to split up fighting dogs

Back to top Go down
lindauk
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 9711

PostSubject: Re: Dogs who have them?   Fri 24 Aug 2012, 9:04 pm

Pleased it ended alright Suzie. group hug
Cup cakes for the guy I would say, its fantastic he helped and didn't judge. x
Back to top Go down
suziet
Team Support
Team Support

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dogs who have them?   Fri 24 Aug 2012, 9:09 pm

ta xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I know I owe the guy so much - our boys are like nothing happened that goodness xx
Back to top Go down
Jakethedog
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Male
Number of posts : 3741

PostSubject: Re: Dogs who have them?   Fri 24 Aug 2012, 9:32 pm

bloody hell suzie omg i reread that 3 times thinking did i read that right your boys kicked off with each other , what a nice guy he was stopping to help you out , you were lucky you didnt get bitten tho ..
glad its a settled down between them now
Back to top Go down
jakies13
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 7512

PostSubject: Re: Dogs who have them?   Sat 25 Aug 2012, 9:17 am

Oh no, what are they like.
Do you think it was a dominance thing and they both wanted the labradoodle as their own?
Glad they are better now and getting along, but personally I wouldn't leave them together when unattended just to be on the safe side xx

Back to top Go down
suziet
Team Support
Team Support

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dogs who have them?   Sat 25 Aug 2012, 4:05 pm

I know Martin I can't beleive it either xx

I was very lucky indeed and that gent was so brave too - xxx

Hi Alex - thanks honey - I never leave the boys alone ever - not even for 5 mins if that makes sense - but thank you for thinking of us xx
Back to top Go down
Zetstaff
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 544

PostSubject: Re: Dogs who have them?   Sat 25 Aug 2012, 4:39 pm

Hope you're all ok today, it's scary when something like that happens xxx
Back to top Go down
suziet
Team Support
Team Support

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dogs who have them?   Wed 29 Aug 2012, 4:35 pm

Thanks Tracey - It was scary - and I now have 2 legs which look like they have done 20 rounds with Tyson - OMG they hurt and are so bruised - hope they clear up soon as I can't even wear a skirt!

The most painful ones are on my calf and behind my knee where the lead tightened - bloody hurts when sitting at work and driving

GOD I do whinge

Thanks everyone for your replies and support xx
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 31921

PostSubject: Re: Dogs who have them?   Wed 29 Aug 2012, 7:09 pm

Have they been OK since?

Back to top Go down
janandruby44
Team Support
Team Support

Female
Number of posts : 11929

PostSubject: Re: Dogs who have them?   Wed 29 Aug 2012, 10:26 pm

Blooming heck Suze, that's the second time now that they've had a set to. Hope your bruises settle down ok, Arnicare is good for them.

Hope you and they are ok group hug It must be one hell of a shock for them to do that when you are out walking. You would never have expected it and not been prepared for it.

That bloke was nice, I never meet anyone like that when I'm out walking.
Back to top Go down
suziet
Team Support
Team Support

Female

PostSubject: Re: Dogs who have them?   Thu 30 Aug 2012, 6:48 am

Hi Jo - absolutely fine honey thanks goodness xx

Yes I know Jan - 2 too many in my eyes - thankfully on both cases I have had help - but this time I did manage to seperate them before the gent arrived - just calming them down which he did an amazing job was so kind of him xx
Back to top Go down
janandruby44
Team Support
Team Support

Female
Number of posts : 11929

PostSubject: Re: Dogs who have them?   Thu 30 Aug 2012, 9:53 pm

I'm just glad you are all ok now group hug
Back to top Go down
suziet
Team Support
Team Support