Staffiezone

Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

HomeFrontLog inChat BoxRegister

Share | 

Peeing

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 31921

PostSubject: Peeing   Sat 25 Aug 2012, 9:18 am

Reuben has had a couple of accidents whilst he has been on the steroids. He is drinking a lot more and for the last 10 days our son has been away so Reubs has been in all day whilst we are at work.

I forgave him peeing on the carpet as I felt it was out of his control due to the meds but then was gobsmacked when this morning he walked to that area and stood peeing on the carpet right in front of me and there was no excuse as the back door was open.

I ran over to him to stop him but as he was mid pee there was no chance

I really need a new carpet but given what Rueben hs just done and that the cat is still here then it is gong to have to wait for now

Back to top Go down
Alliecass
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 6762

PostSubject: Re: Peeing   Sat 25 Aug 2012, 4:07 pm

Oh no Reubs oh no have you got a carpet cleaner Jo ? If you have I would just give it a clean and not worry about a new carpet for now xxx
Back to top Go down
suziet
Team Support
Team Support

Female
Number of posts : 23449

PostSubject: Re: Peeing   Sat 25 Aug 2012, 4:16 pm

Hi Hun - is Reubs drinking more hence the peeing or is he just peeing more xxx
Back to top Go down
Zetstaff
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 544

PostSubject: Re: Peeing   Sat 25 Aug 2012, 4:27 pm

My last boy did this + was diagnosed with diabetes. Those are classic signs. He needs to have his urine tested + a blood test. I hope it's not diabetes, there are other things to watch for, eg his back legs being a bit wobbly.

My old boy also had Cushings, which caused the diabetes, a classic sign of that is a pot bellied appearance.

Hugs to you both xxx

ETA he just won't be able to control when + where he goes xx
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: Peeing   Sat 25 Aug 2012, 5:54 pm

He is on steroids at the moment Tracey which are making him drink more, hence pee more. He is drinking loads when we are out on walks.

I am going to speak to the vets tomorrow as I thought he should have finished them by now but they had to supply me with more as I double dosed him by mistake for the first week and I think they have given me too many

Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: Peeing   Sat 25 Aug 2012, 5:55 pm

I dont have a carpet cleaner Allie but I can get one from work as we hire them out so I think that may be the next best option for now and maybe wait until the New Year as we will have to contend with mucky paws etc now the weather is turning

Back to top Go down
Zetstaff
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 544

PostSubject: Re: Peeing   Sat 25 Aug 2012, 7:29 pm

Staffylover wrote:
He is on steroids at the moment Tracey which are making him drink more, hence pee more. He is drinking loads when we are out on walks.

I am going to speak to the vets tomorrow as I thought he should have finished them by now but they had to supply me with more as I double dosed him by mistake for the first week and I think they have given me too many

Bless him, if it were me I'd still have his urine tested just to rule it out

Hope he's ok, they're such a worry aren't they xxx
Back to top Go down
getcarter
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 2019

PostSubject: Re: Peeing   Mon 27 Aug 2012, 8:22 am

Poor boy, he's probably complety confused! He probably went in exactly the same spot as he could smell it still, have you washed the carpet with a biological cleaner?
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: Peeing   Mon 27 Aug 2012, 9:20 am

Yes used washing powder Tracey

He finishes his tablets on Wednesday so will see how he is then. I am a bit annoyed at our vets as I have enough tablets for another couple of weeks and I thought it was too many.
I had to order some extra ones as I double dosed him in the first few days and it looks like they gave me the ful prescription again rather than what I needed

Back to top Go down
suziet
Team Support
Team Support

Female
Number of posts : 23449

PostSubject: Re: Peeing   Mon 27 Aug 2012, 9:40 am

I wondered whether they would make him drink more hence the peeing - keep us posted on what the vet says x
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: Peeing   Mon 27 Aug 2012, 9:53 am

I am going to let him finish his tablets and then give him a few days as he has been getting tired quickly when we are out walking and we stay near the lake (some of this is my paranoia from when he collapsed) if this carries on or the peeing continues we will be going to the vets.

May pay to get a full MOT done

Back to top Go down
Alliecass
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 6762

PostSubject: Re: Peeing   Mon 27 Aug 2012, 9:55 am

hopefully when he has finshed his meds, everthing will return to normal xx fingers crossed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Peeing   

Back to top Go down

Peeing
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1