Staffiezone

Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

HomeFrontLog inChat BoxRegister

Share | 

So proud of Caesar....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Caesar's Mum
Silver Forum Member
Silver Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 318

PostSubject: So proud of Caesar....   Tue 25 Sep 2012, 9:27 pm

Horrible miserable day this morning so didn't take the boys for a walk before work.....came home fpr lunch and looked like they hadn't moved all day but 2.5 hours later when I came home from a rubbish, stressful day my darling doglets had chewed the seat on my sofa!!!! Was really annoyed but thought hey thats what I get for skipping a walk! (hoping I can fix it using a scatter cushion cover....really can't afford a new one!)
red angry

The rain had died down so decided to get them out for a good run. Crossing the road to get to the river path - I noticed 2 teenage girls with a dalmation.....couldn't miss them as they caused a car to do an emergency stop as the dalmation(which was on lead wearing a halti!) ran across the road chasing a cat dragging it's walker with it. Was relieved when I saw them going into a house nearby and kept going towards the path. Turns out they went a shortcut through a garden so met them and their dog on the path....this time Domino(the dalmation) was off lead as the girls were stretching ready for a run. Still had my pair on lead so just kept walking past......next thing their bloody dog was chasing after us snapping at Caesar's legs.....full credit to him he knows better than to do anything other than keep walking. Then the dalmation tried to mount him.....luckily his owner came up uttered an apology and grabbed him and they ran off on thier jog with him(still off lead he stopped for a poo which funnily enough they didn't pick up). Was feeling quite relieved when they went and started to really enjoy the walk - playing in the leaves with the boys, hiding behind trees for them to find me(no one was around!lol).

We'd just turned to head for home when I heard a few dogs barking from behind us so snapped the leads back on the boys. The girls and their dalmation had also started working their way back and ran past us with him off lead again......they were about 150m in front of us when the dalmation whipped round and headed straight for Caesar banghead

I turned round to start walking away(also so the dogs didn't meet head on!) but again their dog came up to try and hump Caesar - he was very aggressive biting his back and grabbing his head......I tried to get between them but it snapped at my arm! Caesar was growling looking at me as if to say let me put it in his place but all I could do was shout at Caesar to "leave" and "down" - never been so glad of his obedience as tonight!!! Had visions of the headlines tomorrow "Another staffy mauls innocent family pet". Eventually the girl grabbed her dog(apologising and asking if Caesar was ok) but did she put him on lead??? No - bloody thing came bounding back despite me now walking the long way home! I screamed at it waving my arms like a madwoman before it got near us this time...put it off and let girls catch it.

Seriously what is it with some people not controlling their dogs!!! I really wouldn't have blamed Caesar if he did have a snap at her dog and am totally amazed he didn't(especially as he can be scared of big dogs!) - Toby was petrified and shaking behind me during the incident, Caesar was a bit shaken up too but I think because i was shouting at him to leave and down - he probably thought he was in trouble!

Sorry for the novel but this on top of the day/week I've had set me off in tears earlier!

What do you do when another dog starts going for your one?
Back to top Go down
janandruby44
Team Support
Team Support

Female
Number of posts : 11929

PostSubject: Re: So proud of Caesar....   Tue 25 Sep 2012, 10:14 pm

I've been so lucky I've never had to deal with this sort of thing. Closest I got was (believe it or not) an aggressive Dalmation! It's owner was a young man about 15 and it was not on lead. It started towards us but I put Elsdon and Ruby behind me (with some difficulty) and shouted at it to go away and then shouted for him to put it on lead. I was so angry and could visualise the same headlines as you.....Staffies attack much loved family dog!!!! Never mind that it was the aggressive one.

I always carry my tin with pebbles in nowadays and I would not hesitate to chuck it at any dog that I thought was going to trouble us. I am a very good aim having had lots of practice with Elsdon's bum spinner smile It might not stop a dog altogether but it would give them a headache as that it where I would throw it.
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 31831

PostSubject: Re: So proud of Caesar....   Tue 25 Sep 2012, 10:52 pm

Gosh what an awful walk and well done Caesar for not reacting to the other dog. Owners like that deserve to be shot

I dont tend to get a lot of issues like that but did experience one at weekend. Two off lead uncontrollable dogs walked by a couple of teens decided they would have a pop at Reuben, the other two dogs were a yorkie and another male staffie. The staffie was the worst, hackles up charging at Reubs. Luckily I was able to distract Reuben whilst standing in front of him protecting him and kicking the other dogs out of the way, I focused on the staffie as it was the bigger of the aggressor and the yorkie tended to stay back

The dogs eventuallty buggared off back to their owners and I decided to leave at that point. What really pissed me off was whilst trying to keep Reuben blocked and the others away from him I injured my back again and have had to go to the docs for pain relief banghead

Back to top Go down
Sandi
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 15686

PostSubject: Re: So proud of Caesar....   Tue 25 Sep 2012, 11:16 pm

All I can say to that little lot is well done you and Caesar for the way you handled the situation not just once but several times.

You should be proud of yourselves.

Back to top Go down
Caesar's Mum
Silver Forum Member
Silver Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: So proud of Caesar....   Tue 25 Sep 2012, 11:23 pm

I only get issues when I walk the dogs where we live - normally drive to posher areas! Really want to take the boys to school and start training the next generation of dog owners!!! Can see health and safety having a field day with that!
Back to top Go down
K999
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Male
Number of posts : 1087

PostSubject: Re: So proud of Caesar....   Wed 26 Sep 2012, 7:51 am

that is actually something North Clwyd Animal Rescue are working on;

http://www.ncar.org.uk/EducationSchools/tabid/248/Default.aspx

they quite rightly recognise that if children aren't educated on proper pet ownership at an early age then the rescue animal situation will only continue to get worse.

Back to top Go down
Caesar's Mum
Silver Forum Member
Silver Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: So proud of Caesar....   Wed 26 Sep 2012, 5:26 pm

Think it's a great idea Adam!

Have found a few cuts and puncture wounds from the Dalmatian - god help its owners if I see it off lead again !!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So proud of Caesar....   

Back to top Go down

So proud of Caesar....
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1