Staffiezone

Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

HomeFrontLog inChat BoxRegister

Share | 

Routine

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
stepys1
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 2364

PostSubject: Routine   Thu 01 Nov 2012, 10:08 am

Just wondering if any of your dogs behaviour changes if you change anything in the house or their routine?

If we change something in the front room where he sleeps he has a hissy fit for about a week through the night and decides its time he was let out of his crate. A few weeks ago we changed the curtains so he had us up 4 days in a row at silly o'clock every hour on the hour. This week it's been because the front room door has been open as we've been painting them (think he can hear us so wants to come in)

Also we've realised his skin only gets bad when we've been away. He's having a bad spell since we got back from a weekend away. He hadnt had any puriton for 3 months before this so there's defo a pattern formed with his skin as 3 months before we'd been away for a week. His mum also has bad skin but has been great since she's been living with my in laws where here routine is set every day
Back to top Go down
lindauk
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 9711

PostSubject: Re: Routine   Thu 01 Nov 2012, 10:48 am

Dell hates change and every-thing has to be the same day in day out, walks, food, cuddles etc.
if you do some-thing twice it's written in stone and we have such a struggle to change any routine.
Dell tends to sulk rather than have hissy fits.
Back to top Go down
getcarter
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 2019

PostSubject: Re: Routine   Thu 01 Nov 2012, 12:18 pm

luckily my lot don't care!
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 31921

PostSubject: Re: Routine   Thu 01 Nov 2012, 12:46 pm

Reubs does not seem to bother either

Back to top Go down
xclairex1
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 6615

PostSubject: Re: Routine   Thu 01 Nov 2012, 2:46 pm

My lot don't really care too much.

Back to top Go down
StaffySel
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 6585

PostSubject: Re: Routine   Thu 01 Nov 2012, 8:34 pm

Enzo loves routine but he doesn't seem bothered when I change anything/items in the house.

Same as Linda said, if we do something twice it's set in stone. Even down to where abouts we cross a road, if we cross there twice, the next time he tries to cross there again!
Back to top Go down
K999
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Male
Number of posts : 1087

PostSubject: Re: Routine   Thu 01 Nov 2012, 8:57 pm

we had Mizzie on a strict routine in the early days, but no she can handle the random routines we throw at her!
Although, anything new in the house we have to show her, wait till she tries to bite it, tell her no, and then she will leave it alone.
Back to top Go down
stepys1
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 2364

PostSubject: Re: Routine   Fri 02 Nov 2012, 8:26 am

Well the door handles went on last night so the door got closed. He slept like a baby lol

Sel quattro also has set in stone where he has to cross the road so I try to mix it up a bit to catch him out, he looks up and me and stops walking as if to say, 'we need to cross now'. But with other things he's fine, he's not fussed at what time of day he goes for a walk or gets fed. It doesn't upset him that we're off work on random days or if mum comes to let him out of a lunch time instead of me.

Don't you just love staffies
Back to top Go down
suziet
Team Support
Team Support

Female
Number of posts : 23449

PostSubject: Re: Routine   Fri 02 Nov 2012, 12:48 pm

cry2 oh the drama - if we change anything they do tend to sulk lol xx

They even notice changes on their walks - ie - if a skip appears they bark at it ha ha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Routine   

Back to top Go down

Routine
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1