Staffiezone

Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

HomeFrontLog inChat BoxRegister

Share | 

Neighbours...who'd ave em?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
StaffySel
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 6585

PostSubject: Neighbours...who'd ave em?   Wed 30 Jan 2013, 10:17 pm

My neighbour keeps offering to walk Enzo and I think she thinks I don't walk him enough!

Tonight she was going for a run when she said I'm going for a run if you want me to walk him too. So I said its ok, this is his 4th walk today but thanks for offering.

She seen me leave and I was only going down the road and back and she passed me as I was walking back so it probably looked like I wasn't taking him far. I was actually taking him out because he hadn't been to toilet on the last walk and long story, but i had my friend with me and had to drop enzo back first so i took him out when i got back, but I couldn't explain this to her.

The other time she offered she said ill walk him if you want instead of you rushing back at lunch time. And she has said to me before about another neighbour that she doesn't walk her dog enough so I'm sure she probably talks about me too.

I have actually taken Enzo out on the lead 5 times today and at lunch time he had an off lead run over the field. So although I don't have a garden he gets lots of walks!
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 31891

PostSubject: Re: Neighbours...who'd ave em?   Wed 30 Jan 2013, 10:25 pm

Try not to dwell on it Sel, she wont know how many times a day you walk him as she will be busy with her own life.

Now as for neighbours I have NEVER seen one of my neighbours walk their retriever and this poor thing is a right heffa lump. The minute she gets up the dog is put in the back garden until she leaves to go to take the kids to school (she could walk the dog at this point) and the same when she gets home from work. My sister lives next door to her and said all she can hear all day is the dog whining in the back garden. I would offer to take it for her but she is more than capable

Back to top Go down
StaffySel
Team Member
Team Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: Neighbours...who'd ave em?   Wed 30 Jan 2013, 10:29 pm

That's horrible to hear it whining all day. Poor thing. I bet this goes on a lot everywhere but we don't see it

Back to top Go down
xclairex1
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 6615

PostSubject: Re: Neighbours...who'd ave em?   Wed 30 Jan 2013, 10:38 pm

Maybe she's just being nice :)

especially for offering at lunchtime.

Back to top Go down
janandruby44
Team Support
Team Support

Female
Number of posts : 11929

PostSubject: Re: Neighbours...who'd ave em?   Wed 30 Jan 2013, 11:05 pm

If anyone has a spare neighbour going, I could do with one to walk Ruby and Elsdon spinner smile
Back to top Go down
StaffySel
Team Member
Team Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: Neighbours...who'd ave em?   Wed 30 Jan 2013, 11:41 pm

I like walking Enz and don't really trust anyone else with him. It is kind of her to offer. I'm probably just paranoid as they all like a bit of gossip around here lol
Back to top Go down
suziet
Team Support
Team Support

Female
Number of posts : 23424

PostSubject: Re: Neighbours...who'd ave em?   Thu 31 Jan 2013, 8:27 am

I would try not to take offence honey and OMG your boy gets more walkies then my boys - mine only get 2 main walks per day xx

Maybe just politely say to your neighnour - thank you sucha kind offer - however I like to walk Enzo myself - I wouldn't trust anyone to walk my boys besides my old doggie walker Mike :)
Back to top Go down
Jakethedog
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Male
Number of posts : 3722

PostSubject: Re: Neighbours...who'd ave em?   Thu 31 Jan 2013, 8:53 am

As already said above don't over think about it as she might just like Enzo :)

I have 5 neighbours with dogs & there's only 1 with a couple of gs who is always out & she has a young kiddy who she take out in the pram too , then they all wonder why their dogs bark like mad :( poor things are bored out of their minds
Back to top Go down
xclairex1
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 6615

PostSubject: Re: Neighbours...who'd ave em?   Thu 31 Jan 2013, 2:33 pm

Have to say I'm the same though wouldn't trust any of my neighbours with the dogs apart from one who lets them out if we're stuck, but they have a German shepherd and theyre a lovely couple.

unfortunately theyre moving soon, but Im lucky that my little sister is only a couple of doors down x

Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 31891

PostSubject: Re: Neighbours...who'd ave em?   Thu 31 Jan 2013, 5:54 pm

I won't trust anyone taking Reuben except Vicky

Back to top Go down
Alliecass
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 6762

PostSubject: Re: Neighbours...who'd ave em?   Thu 31 Jan 2013, 6:43 pm

I agree with the others dont worry, you know that you look after your boy really well and maybe she is just being kind, I dont trust anyone else to walk Cassie xx
Back to top Go down
StaffySel
Team Member
Team Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: Neighbours...who'd ave em?   Thu 31 Jan 2013, 10:30 pm

She does love Enzo. My mum said the same I know he's well looked after and that's all that matters.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Neighbours...who'd ave em?   

Back to top Go down

Neighbours...who'd ave em?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1