Staffiezone

Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

HomeFrontLog inChat BoxRegister

Share | 

Vets trips

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 31850

PostSubject: Vets trips   Fri 01 Mar 2013, 9:36 pm

When we go to the vets, every time we walk into the surgery Reuben will bark and lunge at every dog in there as we walk through and as soon as he sits down he is fine with the dogs and does not bother with them or be aggressive in any way.
He has always done this and I am quite used to it, my only concern is more of embarrassment as he looks like a very aggressive dog as we enter

Last time we went to the vets he did it as we entered and the waiting room was empty so I think it is a reaction to the place rather than the dogs

I have no idea how to stop this and don't want to stand outside as he is ok once we get in there and even if we stood outside he does it as soon as we enter which we have to do at some point

Back to top Go down
Alliecass
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 6762

PostSubject: Re: Vets trips   Sat 02 Mar 2013, 12:42 pm

I wouldnt worry Jo, you know why he does it and its not aggression, I hope that everyone who has a dog understands that lots of dogs behave differently at the vets, Cassie does this too she lunges at people and other dogs but I put it down to excitment on her part and as soon as I sit down she is fine. Cassie soesnt bark though, but her mouth is open........

Back to top Go down
StaffySel
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 6585

PostSubject: Re: Vets trips   Sat 02 Mar 2013, 3:49 pm

Enzos a nightmare at the vets whining and trying to get over to everyone and over excited.

Do you think it's excitement Jo?
Back to top Go down
janandruby44
Team Support
Team Support

Female
Number of posts : 11929

PostSubject: Re: Vets trips   Sat 02 Mar 2013, 5:00 pm

Elsdon is a pain too, I am usually exhausted after a visit. I think they are used to him now. Don't worry about Reuben he sounds quite well behaved compared x
Back to top Go down
suziet
Team Support
Team Support

Female
Number of posts : 23371

PostSubject: Re: Vets trips   Sat 02 Mar 2013, 7:11 pm

Hi honey can Adam help you at all sweetie? x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vets trips   

Back to top Go down