Staffiezone

Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

HomeFrontLog inChat BoxRegister

Share | 

Jumping Up

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Sandi
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 15687

PostSubject: Re: Jumping Up   Wed 13 Jan 2010, 10:45 pm

Well this evening we had visitors.

started off by standing them in the hall, they gave me space to open the door, started to go mental as soon as visitors were inside. Put them in their respective crates. Let Boris out he did quite well (a lot calmer than Kassi) He sat next to me and we all chatted, he made a beeline for the guests a couple of times, but soon got the message that it was not ok and did quite well as long as I was stroking him.

Time to let Kassi out - she is a one dog nightmare! She didn't just jump up she lept on them by taking off from the floor and landing on their laps, very hard to not get the guests to say anything (which was mainly owww!) my guests however folded their arms and tried to ignore. She went straight back in the crate, we repeated this scenario about 10 times until I decided that the guests had had enough. When Kassi was out Boris decided that he could do pretty much what he liked as well, but responds better to commands and so does check you and knows it not right and stops.

So when they come again I will try again and again, but to be honest all in all tonite was not a good one, she used to be so well behaved but has to show Boris that she is a teenage hooligan really and to be fair the two guests have previously been on the floor with her messing about so I suppose she recognises that and doesn't understand why the sudden change. When we went away for a couple of days in November she was brilliant in the hotel but all the staff would not talk o fuss her until she had calmed down, plus she was on a lead which made her more controllable.
Back to top Go down
Eddi and Daisy
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 4187

PostSubject: Re: Jumping Up   Thu 14 Jan 2010, 11:14 am

Lol thats what daisy does leaps on peoples laps.
Back to top Go down
TaffyStaffy
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Female
Number of posts : 178

PostSubject: Re: Jumping Up   Thu 14 Jan 2010, 8:56 pm

We put Vegas on a lead when visitors come so that we can keep him from jumping all over them until such time as he gets bored of them (about 5 mins after they sit down he loses attention). We also keep training discs at the door, they seem to work for him, if he starts to jump we jingle the discs and he sits down until they pat him, then he gives them that puppy eyed look and they have to have staffie kisses!! (ask Jo, she knows) Lol
Back to top Go down
Jo n Buffs
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 19490

PostSubject: Re: Jumping Up   Thu 14 Jan 2010, 9:14 pm

ooooooooooooo he loves giving kisses theres pics on here to proove that lololol but what a hunk to be kissed death by lol
Back to top Go down
TaffyStaffy
Addicted Member
Addicted Member

Female
Number of posts : 178

PostSubject: Re: Jumping Up   Thu 14 Jan 2010, 9:33 pm

ha ha, seems not everyone shares your enthusiasm though! We have to take the training discs out with us as every time he sees someone he wants to jump on them! lol!
Back to top Go down
Jo n Buffs
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 19490

PostSubject: Re: Jumping Up   Thu 14 Jan 2010, 9:38 pm

awwwwwww he just friendley lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jumping Up   

Back to top Go down