Staffiezone

Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

HomeFrontLog inChat BoxRegister

Share | 

blue dog's

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 1679

PostSubject: blue dog's    Fri 20 Sep 2013, 9:03 pm

Hello

How many members are there on here with blues ? i know there's enzo but how many more of you own a blue ? ppl say there rare , and everyone thats met mine has said what an unusual colour never seen one of those before , but in my eyes there 10 a penny , preloved and the likes are full of blue dogs , its red and whites that are rare yummy 
Back to top Go down
Jakethedog
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Male
Number of posts : 3690

PostSubject: Re: blue dog's    Fri 20 Sep 2013, 11:59 pm

Zoe has the very beautiful loomis

Red/whites are best lol! 
Back to top Go down
Sandi
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 15686

PostSubject: Re: blue dog's    Sat 21 Sep 2013, 9:10 am

Red and whites Rule spinner smile 

Blues are normally considered rare and are normally more expensive

Back to top Go down
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: blue dog's    Sat 21 Sep 2013, 9:48 am

~Sandi~ wrote:
Red and whites Rule spinner smile 

Blues are normally considered rare and are normally more expensive
i would of loved a red and white , or a fawn and white , but there rare as hens teeth LOL , there's 3 blues where i live including mine that i know of in litrally a 10 minute radious , my little girl saw one of them last night when playing out round the corner from our house , it had been visiting someone in the next street
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 31832

PostSubject: Re: blue dog's    Sat 21 Sep 2013, 11:58 am

There are a lot of blues now, my friend has a lovely boy Snoop but he is showing more brindle now
Loomis is lovely

I'm a sucker for brindle

Back to top Go down
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: blue dog's    Sat 21 Sep 2013, 12:07 pm

wiley has brindle , but not a great deal just in places , he kinda changes colour in different lights , but i think they go browny as they get older , as im sure blue puppies look more blue ?
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: blue dog's    Sat 21 Sep 2013, 12:09 pm

It's very unusual to get a solid blue, most have some brindle in them. If you think the colour is a gene defect so to get a solid blue is unusual even if they are born looking solid blue

I think Loomis is solid blue

Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: blue dog's    Sat 21 Sep 2013, 7:18 pm

Hiya Mandy, I have posted pics of Reuben on his walk today with my friends blue boy

Back to top Go down
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: blue dog's    Sat 21 Sep 2013, 7:23 pm

i shall go and have a nosy :)
Back to top Go down
StaffySel
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 6585

PostSubject: Re: blue dog's    Sat 21 Sep 2013, 7:46 pm

Quattro is blue

I get people saying that too, I'd be rich if I got a pound every time someone said ooh what an unusual colour he is
Back to top Go down
stepys1
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 2333

PostSubject: Re: blue dog's    Sun 22 Sep 2013, 12:21 pm

Yes Sel we'd be very rich spinner smile 

Quattro is solid blue but he's the darkest blue I've seen, i'm assuming the lighter (Enzo) colour is more accurate???
Back to top Go down
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: blue dog's    Sun 22 Sep 2013, 3:00 pm

i dunno i thought the darker richer blues were the proper ones but are very rare as there from blue to black matings ?
Back to top Go down
stepys1
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 2333

PostSubject: Re: blue dog's    Sun 22 Sep 2013, 9:11 pm

lol I'm not up on it but do know his dad is black and mum is a bit lighter blue
Back to top Go down
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: blue dog's    Sun 22 Sep 2013, 9:14 pm

He sounds and looks a stunner , in that little pic he almost looks black , i would love to see him in the flesh , as most i have seen look browny , bluey grey depending on light
Back to top Go down
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: blue dog's    Sun 22 Sep 2013, 9:25 pm

Wow i just did a search for pics of quattro , he really is stunning , i think he is what a proper blue should look like
Back to top Go down
Zetstaff
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 544

PostSubject: Re: blue dog's    Sun 22 Sep 2013, 10:41 pm

Boris is blue brindle

And although I'm very biased lol Tilly is the prettiest red + white girlie I've ever seen lol

Back to top Go down
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: blue dog's    Sun 22 Sep 2013, 10:44 pm

love both your dogs , love the white on the blue , i would of preferred a blue and white rather than a full blue , but you get what your given LOL

And the red and white is my fave anyway , love her name , My Car is called Tilly LOL
Back to top Go down
*lou*
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 520

PostSubject: Re: blue dog's    Sun 22 Sep 2013, 11:02 pm

Hardly see any blues or reds round here. Lots and lots of brindle though.
Back to top Go down
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: blue dog's    Sun 22 Sep 2013, 11:10 pm

*lou* wrote:
tbh you dont see many staffies at all where i live , its very small where i live and not many at all , there's quite a few in blackpool tho which isnt far from me , i think we have the two blues 3 including mine , my mate on the next street has a brindle , and my other mate has a fawn who i used to look after , then there's a red one not too far , and i met a black one the other day in town , and there's a brindle and white about as i keep seeing that tied up outside our local sainsburys , probebly a few more that i havent seen , but when walking on parks beaches etc i have seen none
Back to top Go down
*lou*
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: blue dog's    Sun 22 Sep 2013, 11:26 pm

staffymad wrote:
*lou* wrote:
tbh you dont see many staffies at all where i live , its very small where i live and not many at all , there's quite a few in blackpool tho which isnt far from me , i  think we have the two blues 3 including mine , my mate on the next street has a brindle , and my other mate has a fawn who i used to look after , then there's a red one not too far , and i met a black one the other day in town , and there's a brindle and white about as i keep seeing that tied up outside our local sainsburys , probebly a few more that i havent seen , but when walking on parks beaches etc i have seen none
I think nearly everybody on this estate has some sort of bull breed! Lots of 'status' dogs unfortunately . If they left one tied up outside a shop, it wouldn't be there when they got back :( Not many that look like Cody though. He's a bit of a celeb round here lol everyone knows his name and gives him a fuss if they see us. He loves it but I also get people asking if they can use him to put to their bitch banghead Never gonna happen!
Back to top Go down
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: blue dog's    Sun 22 Sep 2013, 11:30 pm

*lou* wrote:
staffymad wrote:
*lou* wrote:
tbh you dont see many staffies at all where i live , its very small where i live and not many at all , there's quite a few in blackpool tho which isnt far from me , i  think we have the two blues 3 including mine , my mate on the next street has a brindle , and my other mate has a fawn who i used to look after , then there's a red one not too far , and i met a black one the other day in town , and there's a brindle and white about as i keep seeing that tied up outside our local sainsburys , probebly a few more that i havent seen , but when walking on parks beaches etc i have seen none
I think nearly everybody on this estate has some sort of bull breed! Lots of 'status' dogs unfortunately . If they left one tied up outside a shop, it wouldn't be there when they got back :( Not many that look like Cody though. He's a bit of a celeb round here lol everyone knows his name and gives him a fuss if they see us. He loves it but I also get people asking if they can use him to put to their bitch banghead Never gonna happen!
i wouldnt dare leave mine outside a shop , tbh im supprised this person does , but i have seen this one tied outside a shop twice now , but on our local animal sanctuary website there's a notice that a black one has been stolen in our area so noway will i be leaving mine alone
Back to top Go down
Wendy
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 2001

PostSubject: Re: blue dog's    Tue 24 Sep 2013, 10:50 am

I have'nt had a Blue Staff but I would love one :)
Poppy is a pure Red Staff and love her to bits...
Shadow is Black, Brindle and White ... his papers say Black / White but has hes got older some Brindle flecking has come through ... everyone says how handsome he is ... he gets sooo much attention when over the vets ...
Buddy is bit of a mis-match lol
I know people don't particularly like brindles but Ollie was a brindle and I thought he was lush although all my dogs are perfect to me :)

Back to top Go down
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: blue dog's    Tue 24 Sep 2013, 11:01 am

Wendy wrote:
Shadow is Black, Brindle and White ... his papers say Black / White but has hes got older some Brindle flecking has come through ... everyone says how handsome he is ... he gets sooo much attention when over the vets ...
I know people don't particularly like brindles but Ollie was a brindle and I thought he was lush although all my dogs are perfect to me :)  

Yes wileys papers say blue , but hes got abit of brindle which i guess wasnt there when he was registered

I like brindles but i didnt want one , that makes no sence at all LOL but i love all staffies and will go to stroke any one i see , but when i decided to get one , i wanted a red ,fawn or blue and i prefer then with a bit of white on , altho mines all blue apart from a tiny little white  star on his chest
Back to top Go down
*lou*
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: blue dog's    Tue 24 Sep 2013, 3:15 pm

Wendy wrote:

Cody's face patch is just black but the black part on his body is really brindle. He seems to have got more as he's got older. I like it Loads of Love 
Back to top Go down
lindauk
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 9711

PostSubject: Re: blue dog's    Tue 24 Sep 2013, 9:01 pm

Im expecting . but not holding my breath for obvious reasons to foster a Blue she's coming next Wednesday.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: blue dog's    

Back to top Go down

blue dog's
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next