Staffiezone

Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

HomeFrontLog inChat BoxRegister

Share | 

Willy trouble!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
*lou*
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 520

PostSubject: Willy trouble!   Mon 23 Sep 2013, 3:00 pm

There is no easy way to say this so just going to write it down as best I can lol! 

For a few weeks now I have noticed a slight dribble patch (urine) once Cody gets up after a sleep. Didn't think much of it. Just thought it's probably a male dog thing.

Today he was asleep on the sofa and I saw him starting to wake up and noticed his willy was poking out and was huge. Very swollen. Again, I've seen this happen before and thought it was the dog version of morning wood omg He's never had trouble with it going back in (I've heard that can happen) but it was like that for a good few mins and when the tip of it touched the sofa it left a couple of drops of blood. So now I'm thinking that can't be normal.

Any ideas or anyone had this before with their males? He's fine in himself (apart from the usual redness and itching of paws and face) and he didn't seem uncomfortable of distressed while it was happening.

Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 31891

PostSubject: Re: Willy trouble!   Mon 23 Sep 2013, 7:50 pm

If there is blood I the urine then I would get him checked out. Sound like he could have an infection which is causing the dribbling. Have you noticed him peeing more than usual?

Some dogs can become incontinent but he is a bit young for that so doubt it would be incontinence.

Back to top Go down
suziet
Team Support
Team Support

Female
Number of posts : 23424

PostSubject: Re: Willy trouble!   Mon 23 Sep 2013, 9:39 pm

My Rocco suffers from morning wood at times lol but he had never has spots of blood so I would just ask vet for his opinion. Keep us all posted honey x
Back to top Go down
*lou*
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 520

PostSubject: Re: Willy trouble!   Mon 23 Sep 2013, 10:15 pm

He's having no trouble peeing or needing to go often or anything like that but will get him booked in for a check up. x
Back to top Go down
suziet
Team Support
Team Support

Female
Number of posts : 23424

PostSubject: Re: Willy trouble!   Tue 24 Sep 2013, 8:06 am

Please keep us posted honey x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Willy trouble!   

Back to top Go down