Staffiezone

Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

HomeFrontLog inChat BoxRegister

Share | 

wileys jabs

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 1679

PostSubject: wileys jabs    Sat 28 Sep 2013, 12:39 pm

Hello

Wiley has been to the vet and had his first jab , he kinda embarrased me tho in the waiting room oops  altho wiley is great with other dogs , it appears in a tiny space where there's a few dogs he isnt good , one dog was barking like crazy at him so he kinda snapped at it , then there was a little pug dog that wasnt doin any harm but they breathe funny and i think he took that as it was growling at him , so he growled at that , then a female boxer was leaving and he growled at that , dunno why as that did nothing to him , he kinda sat there just growling LOL and im sure the other ppl thought he was dog agressive , i told them he was fine when out in the street ,

aww and there was a staffy tied up outside a shop i went in, and it was barking its head off , so i said to my daughter whilst in the line to pay look at that little staff barking , and the owner was behind me and she said he's got separation anxiety , she said hes fine when left at home because hes in a routine , but tie him up outside a shop and he barks like mad , awwwwwww poor baby
Back to top Go down
StaffySel
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 6585

PostSubject: Re: wileys jabs    Sat 28 Sep 2013, 12:56 pm

I wouldn't worry too much, it's a stressful environment for him being in a small space with lots of other dogs.
Enzo gets over excited and crys the place down whining. He hates waiting and won't sit still. The only thing that keeps him quiet is if I massage him.
Back to top Go down
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: wileys jabs    Sat 28 Sep 2013, 1:03 pm

StaffySel wrote:
I wouldn't worry too much, it's a stressful environment for him being in a small space with lots of other dogs.
Enzo gets over excited and crys the place down whining. He hates waiting and won't sit still. The only thing that keeps him quiet is if I massage him.
The little pug dog was excited and that was peeing everywhere , even cocked its leg up on its owners leg  
Back to top Go down
StaffySel
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 6585

PostSubject: Re: wileys jabs    Sat 28 Sep 2013, 1:07 pm

Haha! Yeah Enzo usually wee's all over the vets shoe lol! 
Back to top Go down
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: wileys jabs    Sat 28 Sep 2013, 1:31 pm

StaffySel wrote:
Haha! Yeah Enzo usually wee's all over the vets shoe lol! 
wiley jumped up and gave the vet a kiss , he just went bloody stupid in there LOL and normally hes quite a placcid dog , when i got him he was jumping up at everyone we met on walks , but i have got him out of that and he only really jumps up at us now if we get him silly , but he was just a loonatic in the vets
Back to top Go down
*lou*
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 520

PostSubject: Re: wileys jabs    Sat 28 Sep 2013, 2:26 pm

Cody absolutely loves going to the vets. He is probably the only dog I know that has to be dragged OUT the building lol

He drives me mad though. We usually have to wait outside because he gets so excited and starts to cry and howl really loud and if anyone gives him eye contact, he starts barking at them (in a playful way). It all gets a bit too much so I take him outside for a break and wait to hear his name called.
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 31832

PostSubject: Re: wileys jabs    Sat 28 Sep 2013, 7:58 pm

Reuben hates the vets and I have to drag him I to the treatment rooms. When we walk in the waiting room if there are any larger dogs in there he barks at them and lunges and as soon as we sit down he is fine and not interested in them
I don't think vets waiting rooms are a very good place for dogs, they are so small and cramped and the dogs are on top of one another , the throw cats into the mix and it can be a nightmare for some

Back to top Go down
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: wileys jabs    Sat 28 Sep 2013, 10:07 pm

oh god if there had been a cat in there i would of had to leave LOL , he's a menice for cats , i attually asked the vet while i was there , as i am genuinly concerned about his obsession with cats , but the vet said there's nothing i can do sadly , as if hes not been brought up with cats then he will chase its in his instint , all i can do is keep saying no , and the vet said i have to tell the neighbours to keep there pets confined to there own garden , not sure how i am goin to approach that one
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: wileys jabs    Sat 28 Sep 2013, 10:47 pm

There is absoloutely no way you can confine a cat to its own garden. I have always had a cat and you cannot control them in same way you do a dog. My cat is out all day and I have no idea where he goes or what he gets up to.

Cats are not stupid so if you let Wiley bark and run towards them when they come into your garden they will soon learn to avoid it, however knowing cats they will probably sit on the fence to tease him

Back to top Go down
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: wileys jabs    Sat 28 Sep 2013, 11:09 pm

They are teasing him , but the worst of it is , there used to a dog , so there not scared in any way , there's 7 of them in one house and there used to dogs , then there's various ones out and about that come in , and there's also my neighbour the other side who is looking after one for a while while her friend has gone travelling , mambo she's called , she was sat on my patio area tonight , wiley went metal and tried to climb my patio door , but mambo is used to coming here as i used to let her in before i got wiley , im just terrified he will kill one , i took him out on a lead when she was there more to scare her hoping she would be scared off , and telling him no all the time but i had full control so he wouldnt hurt her , but she didnt really flinch apart from her fur sticking up , if we see a dog he will pull slightly to go and say hello and his ears will ***** up , but if he see's a cat he can litrally pull you over if you let him , i just pull him back and say a firm no when out walking , im just hoping like you say they will get the hint , cause i would never forgive myself if he hurt one , and i would hate for him to be classed as a dangerious dog and have to wear a muzzle when out because of just doin what some dogs do , my mate knows someone who 's two jack russel's killed a kitten in its own garden and they wasnt allowed out in public off lead or without a muzzle ever again
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: wileys jabs    Sun 29 Sep 2013, 9:41 am

I'm surprised at your friends jack Russell, I did not realise there was a penalty if a dog killed a cat?

It's hard if the cats are used to dogs, my last cat and the current stray that has adopted us are not bothered by dogs and will stand their ground regardless. My friends two dogs nearly got our current cat a few weeks ago so I put him out the front and he promptly came around the back garden and tried to come in with the two dogs being there

Back to top Go down
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: wileys jabs    Sun 29 Sep 2013, 10:51 am

Staffylover wrote:
I'm surprised at your friends jack Russell, I did not realise there was a penalty if a dog killed a cat?

It's hard if the cats are used to dogs, my last cat and the current stray that has adopted us are not bothered by dogs and will stand their ground regardless. My friends two dogs nearly got our current cat a few weeks ago so I put him out the front and he promptly came around the back garden and tried to come in with the two dogs being there
Thats just what i was told , last week from a freind who is freindly with the girl with the jacks , how true it is i dont know , but i wouldnt expect my freind to lie about something like that ,

i once had a cat that would take any dog on , he thought he was a dog lol infact he used to tease my mates staffy everytime she passed , he used to walk right up to the face of my mums dog when she visited and would rarly run if a dog gave chase . hard faced sod he was

funnily enough this morning i took wiley for his morning walk at 8am , quiet sunday morning i was half asleep lol and my daughter had wiley on the lead , and there was a cat sat on a wall behind a hedge so i didnt notice it untill wiley did he jumped up at the wall missed the cat by inches as it flew off the wall , i shouted no at him and we carried on with our walk , but altho he jumped up at this wall with his ears pricked up and pulling like a train , he didnt show any aggression ? would you say if he wanted to kill it he would be growling ?

Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: wileys jabs    Sun 29 Sep 2013, 7:03 pm

Not sure to be honest but I do think it is possible for dogs to get used to cats.
When we got Chloe front he dogs home her previous owner had taught her to catch and I suspect kill a cat. She was awful with our cat when we brought her home and it took a while but they eventually settled down.
In her latter years when she had dementure she did attack the cat on a couple of occasions, it was out of character for her plus the cat was very old.

Back to top Go down
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: wileys jabs    Sun 29 Sep 2013, 7:08 pm

i did attually think of bringing mambo in to meet him but with her not been my cat i dont know if its a good idea , but she is very familar with me and used to come in and go upstairs etc and treat this house like her own , she doesn't seem scared of wiley , she's attually been back tonight hanging round the patio door as shes so used to coming in bless her , but now shes's faced with this mad dog climbing the door LOL

The vet said even if he had been brought up with cats , he could still see strange ones as pray ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: wileys jabs    

Back to top Go down

wileys jabs
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1