Staffiezone

Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

HomeFrontLog inChat BoxRegister

Share | 

leather collars

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 1679

PostSubject: leather collars    Wed 09 Oct 2013, 7:06 pm

Hi

Can anyone recommend a really good quality leather staffordshire bull terrier collar ? i want a really good quality leather collar for him , but the only ones i can find that seem a good quality are the usuall black , brown etc , i want a nice fancy colour , i have found a place that does them in purple or blue or white , but not sure if the quaility will be crap like the aqua one i bought off ebay a couple of weeks ago

Thankyou Mandy
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 31891

PostSubject: Re: leather collars    Wed 09 Oct 2013, 7:10 pm

Avoid eBay, i found they were quite hard. I got a lovely soft leather one off a local market but the guy was a one off and came from Liverpool

There are some very good people who make them but they are expensive. If you are on FB check out this guy

Pitstar's Staffordshire Bull Terrier Supplies

Back to top Go down
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: leather collars    Wed 09 Oct 2013, 7:12 pm

i dont mind paying Jo , but i want a soft colour rather than the usuall blacks and browns , dont get me wrong i love the blacks and browns but with the image our dogs have now got with idiots using them as status dogs , i think the softer colour makes them look less hard , does he do them in other colours ?
Back to top Go down
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: leather collars    Wed 09 Oct 2013, 7:13 pm

edit yes the one i got off ebay was hard but it has softened the more its been worn , but it looks tatty , the colour has come off it , and the nickle bits have chipped badly
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: leather collars    Wed 09 Oct 2013, 7:17 pm

I've only bought fleece collars from him. I know he has pics of a red one on his FB page but not sure what other colours he does. He is really helpful if you want to message him

Back to top Go down
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: leather collars    Wed 09 Oct 2013, 7:18 pm

just found him , that red one is just like what i want , but im not so keen on red , i will message him and see what he has , thanks Jo
Back to top Go down
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: leather collars    Wed 09 Oct 2013, 7:32 pm

ive emailed him lets hope he can help
Back to top Go down
*lou*
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 520

PostSubject: Re: leather collars    Wed 09 Oct 2013, 8:27 pm

I was given a lovely fleece staffy collar a couple of years ago and he still has it now but it's getting a bit tight.

I got a leather staffy one off ebay (black with chrome knots and bars as I don't like the brass) and it was only £7 and I have to say it lasted very well. Softened up nicely and has lasted 2 years and now a couple of the bars have come off.

Not decided what to get him now though but he does need a nice new one.
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: leather collars    Wed 09 Oct 2013, 8:31 pm

Reuben has one of the staffy fleece collars. I have recently sold a few of his collars as he has far too many

Back to top Go down
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: leather collars    Wed 09 Oct 2013, 9:25 pm

*lou* wrote:
I was given a lovely fleece staffy collar a couple of years ago and he still has it now but it's getting a bit tight.

I got a leather staffy one off ebay (black with chrome knots and bars as I don't like the brass) and it was only £7 and I have to say it lasted very well. Softened up nicely and has lasted 2 years and now a couple of the bars have come off.

Not decided what to get him now though but he does need a nice new one.
mine was 7 quid off ebay and i went for the nickle/chrome finish rather than the brass , but i think maybe mine has gone crap because of its colour maybbe a black one would of lasted better ? its almost like the colour is a coating on it and its peeling off

Back to top Go down
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: leather collars    Wed 09 Oct 2013, 9:28 pm

Staffylover wrote:
Reuben has one of the staffy fleece collars. I have recently sold a few of his collars as he has far too many
LOL i can see me collecting collars , for some reason any other collar other than leather just does nothing for me , but i like the nylon harness's just not collars , altho hunter do some nice nylon ones , but i just cannot move away from leather , i was looking at a louis vuitten one but my hubby said no way is he having a collar at that money LOL
Back to top Go down
xclairex1
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 6615

PostSubject: Re: leather collars    Wed 09 Oct 2013, 10:51 pm

Try made to measure Leatherworks - Facebook or website , they make fab collars, the girls have blingy ones and the boys are more plain  

Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: leather collars    Thu 10 Oct 2013, 6:19 am

Very nice Claire

Back to top Go down
lindauk
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 9711

PostSubject: Re: leather collars    Thu 10 Oct 2013, 12:10 pm

There lovely Claire.
Back to top Go down
*lou*
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: leather collars    Thu 10 Oct 2013, 10:06 pm

xclairex1 wrote:
Try made to measure Leatherworks - Facebook or website , they make fab collars, the girls have blingy ones and the boys are more plain  

Oooh I like these. Shall have a look on Facebook  
Back to top Go down
*lou*
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: leather collars    Thu 10 Oct 2013, 10:23 pm

Just looked on their FB page and I think I know what my 2 are gonna get for christmas this year woot 
Back to top Go down
getcarter
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 2019

PostSubject: Re: leather collars    Fri 11 Oct 2013, 6:01 pm

oooh just found them on face book, nice....
Back to top Go down
suziet
Team Support
Team Support

Female
Number of posts : 23424

PostSubject: Re: leather collars    Sat 12 Oct 2013, 11:26 am

Ohhhhhhhh lots of pics needed once you decide and buy woot
Back to top Go down
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: leather collars    Sat 26 Oct 2013, 8:28 pm

Staffylover wrote:
Avoid eBay, i found they were quite hard. I got a lovely soft leather one off a local market but the guy was a one off and came from Liverpool

There are some very good people who make them but they are expensive. If you are on FB check out this guy

Hi Jo

Sadly they couldnt help me with the colours i wanted , but i found a place in the czeck republic , and i ordered one, im just hoping its goin to be ok as it wasnt cheap , it should be here this week
Back to top Go down
Jakethedog
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Male
Number of posts : 3722

PostSubject: Re: leather collars    Sun 27 Oct 2013, 5:07 am

staffymad wrote:
Staffylover wrote:

Hi Jo

Sadly they couldnt help me with the colours i wanted , but i found a place in the czeck republic , and i ordered one,  im just hoping its goin to be ok as it wasnt cheap , it should be here this week

Tell you what mandy that's one pampered staffy you have there lol! 
Back to top Go down
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: leather collars    Sun 27 Oct 2013, 7:54 am

Jakethedog wrote:
staffymad wrote:
Staffylover wrote:

Hi Jo

Sadly they couldnt help me with the colours i wanted , but i found a place in the czeck republic , and i ordered one,  im just hoping its goin to be ok as it wasnt cheap , it should be here this week
Tell you what mandy that's one pampered staffy you have there lol!   

concours staffy lol i want one of them beds like alfie has aswell , but wiley sleeps on the sofa now so dunno if he would go in a bed now he's got used to that , he would of done before i think , i ordered a purple collar which is more lilac i think , i wanted a pastel colour to make him look soft hehe , but when i found the site i was very torn on there natural leather one aswell , so i told jason if the purple ones ok , then im goin to order a natural one , jason wasnt amused LOL

http://collars-leads.com/eshop/en/14-standard-leather-collars
Back to top Go down
Jakethedog
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Male

PostSubject: Re: leather collars    Sun 27 Oct 2013, 8:48 am

Concours staffys lol! he only sleeps in it during the day when we are out , he's on the bed at night with our nipper Abbie , quality beds tho , unless chewed they would last years
Back to top Go down
Jakethedog
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Male

PostSubject: Re: leather collars    Sun 27 Oct 2013, 8:49 am

Concours staffys lol! he only sleeps in it during the day when we are out , he's on the bed at night with our nipper Abbie , quality beds tho , unless chewed they would last years
Back to top Go down
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: leather collars    Sun 27 Oct 2013, 9:04 am

i couldnt sleep with him on our bed he snores really loud LOL , he likes his sofa , but i thought one of those beds would be snug for him through the night in winter as i dont have the heating on at night so my house gets cold , and wiley is the kinda dog that curls up , i have a throw and a duvet covering the sofa for him so he doesnt make it smell or dirty it , and when i come down in a morning the duvet is in a heap so hes been making his own bed LOL , altho i have introduced him to the arm chair to the sofa as its kinda redundent , i got it as it looked good in harveys as part of a 3 , 2 and a 1 but when it came in my house it was too big with the other two sofa's so it's in the back room so its never been used , lounge is knocked through into one so same room really , so i thought that could be wileys chair , but he doesnt really go on it :(

those beds look so nice and i have read about them on there site after seeing yours ,and they say they dont flatten like oter pet beds , i keep hoping i could maybe pick one up second hand , seen a couple but they have been miles away and collection only
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: leather collars    Sun 27 Oct 2013, 10:30 am

Those collars look nice Mandy

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: leather collars    

Back to top Go down