Staffiezone

Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

HomeFrontLog inChat BoxRegister

Share | 

leather collars

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Jakethedog
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Male
Number of posts : 3722

PostSubject: Re: leather collars    Sun 27 Oct 2013, 10:32 am

they don't flatten wotsoever , the base matress is still puffy , great investment , itd cost a small forture to post because their sooo heavy
Back to top Go down
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 1679

PostSubject: Re: leather collars    Sun 27 Oct 2013, 10:41 am

Staffylover wrote:
Those collars look nice Mandy
Thats what i thought , i just hope there as nice in the flesh , im armed with some leather protector for when it comes hehe , his aqua one i got off ebay looks terrible now , the staffordshire knot is hanging off and catches on anything thats wool
Back to top Go down
xclairex1
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 6615

PostSubject: Re: leather collars    Sun 27 Oct 2013, 11:55 am

They look good, have looked at that site before , how did it work out cost wise? Was it reasonable once you converted to pounds and added postage? X

Back to top Go down
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: leather collars    Sun 27 Oct 2013, 12:46 pm

Claire it was expensive , at £52.23 that was with postage included , but i went for the widest one , the postage was peanuts tbh , the main price is the collar , infact just clicked on this link to show you the collar i have ordered , and they have attached a pic of a purple collar , which will be mine as it wasnt there when i ordered mine, it looks really wide in the pic but it shouldnt be too wide , as its the same width as the aqua one he has and i like that, so think the pic is making it look wider , as the next size down was quite narrow, i went for gold and chrome metal work aswell

http://collars-leads.com/eshop/en/standard-leather-collars/64-standard-collars-sc26.html
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 31893

PostSubject: Re: leather collars    Sun 27 Oct 2013, 1:40 pm

Oh that is a bit pricey, but if it's good quality it should last him a lifetime. Let us know what you think when it arrives

Back to top Go down
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: leather collars    Sun 27 Oct 2013, 2:03 pm

Staffylover wrote:
Oh that is a bit pricey, but if it's good quality it should last him a lifetime. Let us know what you think when it arrives
Not half as pricey as the louis vuitten one i saw lol hubby told me he was moving out if i got that one bash 

I will let you know on quality , tbh i think the natural colours ones will last better tho ? as the likes of purple , well its proper dyed isnt it , those ones in natural are just so nice , but i had my heart set on a pastel colour before i even went to that site , but hopefully your right should last a long long time if not a lifetime

I met a lady with a stafy last week with a nice well made collar . but it was dark brown , she said it was from a and b collars , all i can find is ae collars , so guessing its from there , and they are nice if it is from there , and cheaper than the one i have gone for , but they didnt do pastel colours so was out of the question for me
Back to top Go down
Jakethedog
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Male

PostSubject: Re: leather collars    Sun 27 Oct 2013, 2:19 pm

top draw collar that mandy good job 
Back to top Go down
xclairex1
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 6615

PostSubject: Re: leather collars    Sun 27 Oct 2013, 3:38 pm

Looks lovely, I like my collars but wouldn't stretch to paying that much for one.

You're probably right it will be a&e collars, they're very good x

Back to top Go down
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: leather collars    Sun 27 Oct 2013, 3:42 pm

xclairex1 wrote:
Looks lovely, I like my collars but wouldn't stretch to paying that much for one.

You're probably right it will be a&e collars, they're very good x
i agree it is a bit much , when the likes of ae do them , just abit peeved they dont do the soft colours , but i suppose there's not really a want for them ? i always have to be awkard and want something that you cant get  
Back to top Go down
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: leather collars    Tue 29 Oct 2013, 12:44 pm

Hi

Wileys collar has arrived :) , its lovely , but the photo's do make it look wider , even the  ones i have taken LOL its 32mm wide , wiley got al excited and tried to chew it LOL, i think it will last a very long time , but as i said earlier  the natural colours would be a better buy , as i can see if this got scratched it would show

Back to top Go down
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: leather collars    Tue 29 Oct 2013, 1:35 pm

some better pics , tbh the pics dont do it justice as it is really well made , dunno if its really worth the amount i paid tho as i think other companies here in the uk can do them , only not in the colour i wanted , but im pleased as its one of the colour's i wanted and i think there metal work is very nice aswell on it , it also fits better than the ebay one , as i was able to choose the lenth

Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: leather collars    Tue 29 Oct 2013, 8:09 pm

Looks lovely and he models it very well

Back to top Go down
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: leather collars    Tue 29 Oct 2013, 9:13 pm

Thanks jo , i love it cause its different , and with his blue coat i think you can getaway with most colours , i had my daughter stoOd there with a treat to hold him in them positions LOL
Back to top Go down
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: leather collars    Wed 30 Oct 2013, 10:53 am

Wileys now on there facebbook page :)

https://www.facebook.com/sladeczech
Back to top Go down
Jakethedog
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Male

PostSubject: Re: leather collars    Wed 30 Oct 2013, 7:32 pm

looking good mandy , bonnie lad he is too, if I put that on alfie I swear he wouldn't move an inch no way 
Back to top Go down
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: leather collars    Wed 30 Oct 2013, 7:41 pm

Jakethedog wrote:
looking good mandy , bonnie lad he is too, if I put that on alfie I swear he wouldn't move an inch no way 
I think i read somewhere on here you saying alfie doesnt like collar's ? did you never have them on him when he was a puppy ?? wiley was used to a wide collar as he had a tatty wide nylon collar on when i got him , he does itch with them on , more so than he does if he has no collar on him , i just prefer a collar on just incase i have to grab him if kids open the front door , and its got his disk on , altho hes not a bolter , he doesnt seem to bother when the front door is open ,

somehow i dont think purple would suit alfie either LOL , a nice natural one would suit him wink wink , tell him he's got to get used to one , concidering the thickness of it aswell its attually quite light

wileys seems to take to anything i do to him , dont think he had ever wore a harness when i got him , and he kept lying down everytime i went to put it on , he was ok wearing it , just lied down so i struggled to get it on , but now he helps and lets me put his legs in it standing up , he also doesnt seem to mind wearing his coat either , but he doesnt tend to go silly running off on the park when he's wearing it , like he would without it
Back to top Go down
Jakethedog
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Male

PostSubject: Re: leather collars    Wed 30 Oct 2013, 8:43 pm

sounds like you have a nice easy going dog their mandy ,

mandy alfie hated going out for a walk on a lead till at least 7months , I never intended him to wear a collar around the house anyway we tried a light nylon one on him but he wouldn't stop trying to get it off to the point of maybe hurting himself , he still isn't keen on a harness if im dead honest & leaps out of it once unclipped , I had to buy collar a few months back when he had to go in for an eye op , so we could put an id tag on & somewhere to clip the buster collar too , he sulked for 2 days lol , now the darker eves are here when im messing about outside as I do hes always out with me , I have a real nice 1/2 choker in steel which iv always used as I can clip his little flashing led light on it so I can & the neighbours can spot him too , did I mention he hates that too lol! 
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: leather collars    Wed 30 Oct 2013, 8:49 pm

Lol

Alfie looks perfect as he is and he knows it. Dad is ruining his street cred making him where a collar lol! 

Back to top Go down
Jakethedog
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Male

PostSubject: Re: leather collars    Wed 30 Oct 2013, 8:58 pm

thanks jo, staffys have so many issues don't they lol! 
Back to top Go down
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: leather collars    Wed 30 Oct 2013, 9:04 pm

Jakethedog wrote:
thanks jo, staffys have so many issues don't they lol! 
The main issue with mine is the bad wind , and then wafting it with his tail  lol 
Back to top Go down
Jakethedog
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Male

PostSubject: Re: leather collars    Wed 30 Oct 2013, 9:08 pm

too true ha ha 
Back to top Go down
*lou*
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 520

PostSubject: Re: leather collars    Wed 30 Oct 2013, 9:12 pm

Very nice indeed.

I'm getting my 2 new collars from here for Christmas. Got the invoice, just need to sort out the funds lol

https://www.facebook.com/paracordforpets
Back to top Go down
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: leather collars    Wed 30 Oct 2013, 9:18 pm

now there different , i like that black one at the top with the white running through it
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: leather collars    Wed 30 Oct 2013, 9:21 pm

They are different, Shelley who used to be a member in here makes collars very much like these and has a FB page

Back to top Go down
*lou*
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 520

PostSubject: Re: leather collars    Wed 30 Oct 2013, 9:27 pm

You got a link for that Jo? x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: leather collars    

Back to top Go down