Staffiezone

Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

HomeFrontLog inChat BoxRegister

Share | 

just been asked to stud wiley

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 1679

PostSubject: just been asked to stud wiley    Thu 31 Oct 2013, 11:57 am

Hello

Yea thats right just been asked if i will put him to a non kc bitch , my reply was no way even if it had been kc i would of said no , and i said did you know your not supposed to breed two blue dogs , he said no whys that , doh , this is why our country is over run with these dogs , no health testing , breeding two dilutes , not a kennel club dog , never been to any shows , agh im goin to worry now about that dog now , didnt even know he had a staffy as they have 100's of mutts and dont ever walk them , even tho i pleaded with him not to breed her and told him to get her spayed , it will of fallen on deaf ears , as there the type of family that breed anything , his sister used to breed cross breeds , they have loads of cats etc , poor little dog , i said why do you want to breed her , he said his mate thinks she's so nice that he wants one of her pups , i said well there's not a shortage of blue pups , tell him to go and get one from somewhere else , the dog was also bought from a dodgy back yard breeder aswell such a shame :(
Back to top Go down
*lou*
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 521

PostSubject: Re: just been asked to stud wiley    Thu 31 Oct 2013, 6:46 pm

There's a guy who lives opposite me and he loves Cody. He keeps saying he wants him to stud some puppies. I just laugh it off and walk away. He was outside the pup when I walked past a couple of days ago and he told me he'd found a bitch for Cody. I just shook my head, said no and kept walking. He just kept asking, no? no?. Next time I see him I will explain why but even if staffies were as rare as rocking horse poop, I still wouldn't because he's got allergies and wouldn't want that being passed on plus I'm not even sure he's full staffy!
Back to top Go down
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: just been asked to stud wiley    Thu 31 Oct 2013, 7:28 pm

That's very wise Lou given codys allergys , tbh i wouldnt stud wiley full stop , but if i did want to , the bitch would have to be KC , and not blue , and both dogs would have to be health tested , but i wouldnt do it anyway because there's two many unwanted staffs , wiley has already sired one litter of pups that i know of , there on the KC website , but me personaly dont think he should of , as he has light claws and they should be black , and he was put to a blue dog
Back to top Go down
Jakethedog
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Male
Number of posts : 3741

PostSubject: Re: just been asked to stud wiley    Thu 31 Oct 2013, 9:13 pm

as I said earlier mandy you did the right thing trying to educate him but without a dout it will have fallen on deaf ears banghead 

lou cody not full staffy , am I reading this right no way  hes 100% staffy yes ,
Back to top Go down
*lou*
Gold Forum Member
Gold Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 521

PostSubject: Re: just been asked to stud wiley    Thu 31 Oct 2013, 9:38 pm

Yeah, I say that as I only saw mum and she was a very small brindle staff and was told dad was a black and white long leg staff and we all know what that usually means!!
Back to top Go down
Jakethedog
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Male

PostSubject: Re: just been asked to stud wiley    Thu 31 Oct 2013, 10:50 pm

Nar he's a Staffy
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 31921

PostSubject: Re: just been asked to stud wiley    Thu 31 Oct 2013, 10:52 pm

Cody is definately staffie Lou

Mandy, agree with Martin in that sadly it probably falls on deaf ears. So sad!

Back to top Go down
suziet
Team Support
Team Support

Female
Number of posts : 23449

PostSubject: Re: just been asked to stud wiley    Fri 01 Nov 2013, 8:39 am

Why do people insist in using pets to breed? I don't think they think any further than the pound signs sadly

Leave it to those who understand breeding x

Good on you for saying no x
Back to top Go down
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: just been asked to stud wiley    Sun 03 Nov 2013, 1:59 pm

suziet wrote:
Why do people insist in using pets to breed?  I don't think they think any further than the pound signs sadly

Leave it to those who understand breeding x

Good on you for saying no x
I dunno , there flaming stupid , and i have just had to try and educate someone else , took wiley in pets at home , and i couldnt get in or out for ppl wanting to stroke him , and this women came up and said our i gotta stroke this dog , he's georgious , then she goes onto say she had a 3 month old blue one , then in the next breath she said im goin to breed from her  , i said i wouldnt , you do realise how many of these are in rescue , she didnt realise , but then she asked about wiley so i told her i had only had him 8 weeks and that i was his 4th owner , and she said thats mean why do ppl do that , she said it pisses me right off it does , so i jumped in with , its ppl breeding them all the time and they just get sold onto anyone , i said to her you wil have to find homes for your pups , and they could end up like wiley been passed from person to person , you never know i may of got through ? it amazes me how pl just dont get it , she wasn't a chav or anything like that , and tbh i doubt she would need the money either looking at her , so i think its pure stupidity ppl really dont get it , they see there dog as cute and want to make babies , with no thought for anything else

everyone thinks there own dog is lovely and all staffies are lovely , doesnt mean we have to breed from them , the amount of ppl that like wiley is unreal given his breed but they do , i think its his little cute face , but he's not what i would call good stock to breed from
Back to top Go down
suziet
Team Support
Team Support

Female
Number of posts : 23449

PostSubject: Re: just been asked to stud wiley    Mon 04 Nov 2013, 8:24 am

Exactly honey - well written - I think my boys are the best as any owner would - and yes it is a compliment in a way when someone does ask you to stud your pooch - but like you I wouldn't take it any further either.

As you say there are far too many Staffords in rescue who deserve a forever loving home x
Back to top Go down
getcarter
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 2019

PostSubject: Re: just been asked to stud wiley    Mon 04 Nov 2013, 6:47 pm

Edited as I come across as really judgemental and really didn't mean too!
Back to top Go down
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: just been asked to stud wiley    Thu 28 Nov 2013, 9:13 am

And it happens again , walking my daughter to school this morning , a bloke stops me in a builders van , asks if wiley is a dog or a bitch cause his mate wants a stud dog , and his mates bitch is blue and wiley is blue so perfect match , yeah right do your research , didnt have time to educate this one as once i said no he drove off lol , im goin to be in a right mood now for the rest of the day , cause this really is my pet hate , what worries me tho is not many ppl would turn down that offer , i know that if my mate was asked to stud his dog he would do it , as he said before i wouldnt mind putting him to stud , and i went mental at him and this was long before i got mine , i reackon if my eldest daughter  had a blue staffie she wouldnt turn down the offer either even tho i have driled it into her that its wrong , ppl just see pound notes and to hell with where the puppies end up , usualy in rescue , makes me laugh when you see the adverts to good home only , how do they no where there attualy goin once they have been taken as most do no cheacks

I look at wiley and i know he hasnt had a good start in life , he has just been a money maker ok probebly not badly treated but i dont think hes ever been loved for who he is , hes just been a stud dog , kept in a crate , it comes to something when the first day we had him he didnt wine or anything for his old owner , i left him with one of my daughters for an hour couple of weeks ago  and he wined for about 5 minutes after we had gone , why cant ppl just have these dogs as pets , i know some ppl probebly dont realise the harm there doin but god it breaks my heart to see 1000's of unwanted staffies in kennels with no family to love them , yet ppl just want to breed more ?

sorry to go on but im just annoyed now after been asked again banghead 
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: just been asked to stud wiley    Thu 28 Nov 2013, 10:03 am

Sadly some people do it because their dog is 'nice' and would have 'nice' puppies or the think their dogs have a desire to have puppies in the same way humans do.

Back to top Go down
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: just been asked to stud wiley    Thu 28 Nov 2013, 10:09 am

Staffylover wrote:
Sadly some people do it because their dog is 'nice' and would have 'nice' puppies or the think their dogs have a desire to have puppies in the same way humans do.

i hear that alot where ppl say its only fair to let them have a litter ? im sure female dogs arent like humans in that way , im sure they dont long for babies like some humans do , the amount of blue pups on the market is unreal , every other advert is for blues its crazy , but with then charging anything upto 1k and ppl paying it i suppose nothing will stop it sadly :(

Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: just been asked to stud wiley    Thu 28 Nov 2013, 10:43 am

Thing is people are also breeding blue on blue which is not good, there is potential for lots of health issues and then even more dogs getting dumped because owners can't afford to treat them

Back to top Go down
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: just been asked to stud wiley    Thu 28 Nov 2013, 11:38 am

Staffylover wrote:
Thing is people are also breeding blue on blue which is not good, there is potential for lots of health issues and then even more dogs getting dumped because owners can't afford to treat them
Thats what he wanted to do , and the last one that asked , i think most dogs now are bred blue to blue , wileys got blue parents and they breed blue to blue all the time where he came from , i did research the CDA and thanks to martin for letting me know about blue skin issues as i didnt know until he told me , then i did my research , and tbh i wouldnt of bought a blue pup knowing what i know , but i read that if cda is goin to show the problems are usualy between 6 months and 3 years , so him been over 3 i took the gamble and have got him insurance should any probs arise , but if i had got a pup it would of defo been a red and white , i think blues to much of a gamble

Have you known of any blues dumped Jo ?? what would the rescues do with them regarding rehoming if they have bad skin issues ?
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: just been asked to stud wiley    Thu 28 Nov 2013, 12:32 pm

Only seen the odd one in rescue but I see lots on pet rehoming sites for sale. As for rescue rehoming I would imagine they should tell prospective owners (if they know what it is). One dog at our local rescue about two years ago had bad skin but only when he was in the kennels and the vets put it down to stress related

Claire is currently fostering a Blue girl, think she has also had pups too before going into rescue :-(

Back to top Go down
Jakethedog
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Male

PostSubject: Re: just been asked to stud wiley    Thu 28 Nov 2013, 1:27 pm

Another day another numpty Mandy
Back to top Go down
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: just been asked to stud wiley    Thu 28 Nov 2013, 2:09 pm

Thats one way of putting it Martin LOL , i honestly never thought ppl would just randomly ask tho . altho the first person well yes cause he is abit odd, i wouldnt be suprised if this second person was just looking for a cheap stud , as there's plenty of blue dogs up for stud on the homing sites , so why pick mine  , my wiley  says he's retired from all that marlarky so they can bugger off   its neally as bad as folk knocking on the door wanting to buy my XR3I , there cheeky sods round here you know
Back to top Go down
stepys1
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 2364

PostSubject: Re: just been asked to stud wiley    Thu 28 Nov 2013, 3:09 pm

We've been asked a few times & just laugh and say 'you'll have a hard job' ( no little balls lol)

Quattro was breed blue to blue and his skin problems arose early on. We didn't have the knowledge that we have now & the only reason we took him was to make sure that at least one in the litter went to a good home & we refused to pay for him.

People need to spend time volunteering in/with rescues and they might change their minds about breeding:banghead: 
Back to top Go down
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: just been asked to stud wiley    Thu 28 Nov 2013, 3:51 pm

Out of curiosity what skin probs does he have ?? and how are they treated

tbh i think im goin to say the next time that he has been nuetered if i can getaway with it as today he wouldnt of known as he asked if he was a dog or a bitch , i live in a small town and if it gets round hes nuetered , i think it will be better ,( less stealable ) , im very well known now cause im always out with him , and for some strange reason pl keep saying they have never seen a blue before round here , when i know of 6 at least , but most dont walk them so there never seen , so mines a novelty to ppl my main concern now would be someone trying to pinch him , so if ppl think hes done there's no point in pinching him
Back to top Go down
stepys1
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: just been asked to stud wiley    Thu 28 Nov 2013, 4:36 pm

Itchy skin, his arm pits get really sore and have even blistered before. The fur on his chest becomes thin & very itchy & the backs of his ears.He has Puritan twice a day & we watch what he eats, if he has a real bad spell he's had steroid injections in the past. Getting stressed also makes his skin bad
Back to top Go down
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: just been asked to stud wiley    Thu 28 Nov 2013, 4:52 pm

Aww bless him , is that cause he's blue tho ?? or is it just common for some staffs to have skin probs ? , i thought with blues its more the colour dilution aleopecia that's just the problem in blue staffs , i have noticed that wileys fur is abit non existent under his pits and on his belly and chest ,but my mates brindle one is also like that and so is my other mates fawn one , only its not as noticable on the fawn one as he has a lot of white , but wiley doesn't seem to itch , he did have a reaction to his harness under his pits tho
Back to top Go down
stepys1
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: just been asked to stud wiley    Thu 28 Nov 2013, 8:03 pm

I'm not sure tbh
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: just been asked to stud wiley    Thu 28 Nov 2013, 8:10 pm

staffymad wrote:

tbh i think im goin to say the next time that he has been nuetered  if i can getaway with it  as today he wouldnt of known as he asked if he was a dog or a bitch , i live in a small town and if it gets round hes nuetered , i think it will be better ,( less stealable ) , im very well known now cause im always out with him , and for some strange reason pl keep saying they have never seen a blue before round here , when i know of 6 at least , but most dont walk them so there never seen , so mines a novelty to ppl my main concern now would be someone trying to pinch him , so if ppl think hes done there's no point in pinching him
I think you may struggle saying he has been neutered with a pair of plums dangling lol! 

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: just been asked to stud wiley    

Back to top Go down

just been asked to stud wiley
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next