Staffiezone

Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

HomeFrontLog inChat BoxRegister

Share | 

is this normal

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 1679

PostSubject: is this normal    Fri 15 Nov 2013, 9:44 am

I felt i had to put wiley on a lead this morning as he was been too rough , he was play fighting with a 6 month old retriever, now the retriever is soft as anythin but its massive , and the pair of them were play fighting ,but the retriver is no where near as rough and is stil puppy like, there was no growling whatsover but wiley was biting its ears and trying to pin it it down , i said to the lady will he tell him off if he hurts him , and she said no he wont , so i felt it was only right to put wiley on a lead , he deffo wasnt been nasty but after 15 minutes of playing i felt he was getting more mouthy and was worried he was goin to hurt , is this normal staffy behavour , tbh most dogs he runs away from and wants them to chase him , but this dog he just play fights and nothing else ?
Back to top Go down
stepys1
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 2333

PostSubject: Re: is this normal    Fri 15 Nov 2013, 9:50 am

Think you done the right thing, time out to show him that his behaviour wasn't acceptable, if he calmed down I would of then tried again and then if still too rough put him back on
Back to top Go down
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: is this normal    Fri 15 Nov 2013, 9:52 am

stepys1 wrote:
Think you done the right thing, time out to show him that his behaviour wasn't acceptable, if he calmed down I would of then tried again and then if still too rough put him back on
Yea i had told him off a couple of times and he wouldnt listen , so on the lead he went , to be fair the lady said barneys is doin it back so encouraging him , but barney is no where near as rough
Back to top Go down
Jakethedog
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Male
Number of posts : 3690

PostSubject: Re: is this normal    Fri 15 Nov 2013, 10:43 am

Yep 100% normal Staffy play , they can get a bit rough & mouthy Mandy
Back to top Go down
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: is this normal    Fri 15 Nov 2013, 10:46 am

Jakethedog wrote:
Yep 100% normal Staffy play , they can get a bit rough & mouthy Mandy
they were both on there hind legs LOL , like i said no agression whatsover , just wileys mouth goin like the clappers , and i just worried he may hurt barney :(
Back to top Go down
suziet
Team Support
Team Support

Female
Number of posts : 23354

PostSubject: Re: is this normal    Fri 15 Nov 2013, 12:35 pm

I would have done the same honey - its easy for SBT to go OTT with play - We taught ours this way - and when play got too excitable we used the word enough and placed them on lead and stopped play - now we can use the word without the lead xx
Back to top Go down
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: is this normal    Fri 15 Nov 2013, 12:42 pm

suziet wrote:
I would have done the same honey - its easy for SBT to go OTT with play - We taught ours this way - and when play got too excitable we used the word enough and placed them on lead and stopped play - now we can use the word without the lead xx
hopefully if i keep saying enough and putting him on the lead he will get the hint LOL , he loves been off lead and playing , but as you say they get OTT , he also does this with another smallish dog (working cocker ) and i wont alow him off lead at all near him , he is just too much , but barney is of good size so i let him off with him , its only today he got quite carried away , other times hes not been too bad , but i must admit barney is as bad just not as rough given he's not a staffy , im lucky really that most ppl have accepted wiley and they dont mind him playing with there dogs
Back to top Go down
Sandi
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 15686

PostSubject: Re: is this normal    Fri 15 Nov 2013, 4:00 pm

Kassi and Raffi do it, I shout out "nicely" and they calm it down. I am sure if it hurt the other dog would say so or attempt to get away.

You did the right thing though better safe than sorry always.

Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 31832

PostSubject: Re: is this normal    Fri 15 Nov 2013, 8:50 pm

Definately staffie play, you want to be in my house at the moment. It is mine stop but as we are not getting long walks at night I don't mind for the moment

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: is this normal    

Back to top Go down

is this normal
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1