Staffiezone

Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

HomeFrontLog inChat BoxRegister

Share | 

male or female ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 1679

PostSubject: male or female ?   Sat 30 Nov 2013, 7:12 pm

What you got and why ? why did you go for a male or a female ? i personally wanted a male staffy because my mates was male that i looked after and i fell in love with him , and i just like the look of the males, broader body with bigger heads usually , but i would of had a girl if the right one had come along , my mum wanted me to get a girl as she prefers bitches as every male dog she has had has got attacked quite often by other males, but that was back in the 80's when dogs used to roam more , and my other mate who has a staffie girl said get a girl there so loving and faithful , but i think most staffies are like that male or female
Back to top Go down
stepys1
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 2364

PostSubject: Re: male or female ?   Sat 30 Nov 2013, 7:29 pm

Either for me as have grown up with both. The husband chose a male, he always wanted a blue male staffie
Back to top Go down
Jakethedog
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Male
Number of posts : 3741

PostSubject: Re: male or female ?   Sat 30 Nov 2013, 8:19 pm

Male as you know Mandy but when we started to look at another dog for us I really fancied a red/white pied & infact went to see a white / red in Bridlington at a friends of suzies but decided to leave her because I really want mainly red with white not the other way around

I think I felt guilty getting a male after losing our jake , but kept an open mind whilst looking but the more we looked my mind was made up 100% male & had to be red/white , after searching kc breed sites & emailing lots of breeders Sonya spotted Alfie on champ dogs , I fell in love with this boy from the first site & the rest is history

He turned out just how I wanted , short, stocky ,big head , super chilled , dog /cat friendly what more could I want

Last edited by Jakethedog on Sun 01 Dec 2013, 11:38 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
xclairex1
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 6615

PostSubject: Re: male or female ?   Sun 01 Dec 2013, 10:02 am

As far as staffies go I've never had a female. Both of mine are boys and both of my collies are bitches.

Kai was picked from a litter because Craig wanted a pied dog and we wanted another male when we got Diesel ( he was the only boy in the litter)

Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 31921

PostSubject: Re: male or female ?   Sun 01 Dec 2013, 10:06 am

Our first staffie was female, when we went to the dogs home we had no idea what we wanted and we fell in love with her.
When she passed away we registered with Staffie Rescue and all the dogs we went to visit were males and we fell in love with Jack.
We decided on a second dog and as we already had Jack it had to be female. At the time it was quite difficult finding a female in rescue so it too a while to find Chloe.
After Jack passed away and it was time for another as we already had Chloe it had to be male. As Hloe was fairly DA we tried rescue for younger dogs and only found one which was a disaster so we bought Reuben from gumtree.
We now have Belle and only looked at females due to already having a male
I will never have same sex dogs in the house even though many people are successful
I was never bothered about colour etc, it was whatever they had in rescue at the time that got on with our current dog

Back to top Go down
janandruby44
Team Support
Team Support

Female
Number of posts : 11929

PostSubject: Re: male or female ?   Sun 01 Dec 2013, 2:27 pm

I've had both and don't mind which sex I have. Elli was one of Barbara's rescues and was the most lovely dog I have had the pleasure of owning, as were my other staffies spinner smile 

Ruby was just in the right place at the right time and as for Elsdon ...............that's another story x
Back to top Go down
suziet
Team Support
Team Support

Female
Number of posts : 23449

PostSubject: Re: male or female ?   Sun 01 Dec 2013, 4:11 pm

Awwwwww loved reading these posts xx

I always wanted boys simply preference more than anything and we went to see Blue boys and ended up coming home with black brindles both times
Back to top Go down
StaffySel
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 6585

PostSubject: Re: male or female ?   Tue 03 Dec 2013, 10:14 pm

I wasn't fussed, it was more my ex boyfriends choice to get a male. If I was to choose now I'd get a female but only because Enzo is better with females.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: male or female ?   

Back to top Go down

male or female ?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1