Staffiezone

Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

HomeFrontLog inChat BoxRegister

Share | 

How sad

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 1679

PostSubject: How sad    Sun 08 Dec 2013, 11:32 am

I was walking wiley this morning when i met a lady with two greyhounds , she attually has 4 altogether at the moment living with her , she's a fosterer for them , and i didnt realise that greyhounds are in the same boat as staffies , i never really thought about it tbh , but as soon as i got home a searched it on the net and it appears true , they get dumped, shot at and all sorts of terrible things once there no longer a money maker for there owners( ie racing ) one of the ones this lady had with her has been shot , how can ppl be so cruel
Back to top Go down
suziet
Team Support
Team Support

Female
Number of posts : 23449

PostSubject: Re: How sad    Sun 08 Dec 2013, 12:11 pm

I know honey this us why I never Ho to the racing events as the cruelty to many of these dogs is horrific. Thank goodness the lady has a heart of gold.
We have a lady here who also fosters and has 3 at present x
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 31921

PostSubject: Re: How sad    Sun 08 Dec 2013, 12:13 pm

Yes it is sadly true, there are numerous campaigns at Belle Vue racing in Manchester

I used to own an ex racing greyhound many years ago, he was a very big dog but sadly I had to rehome him as I was living in a flat and it was not suitable for him

Back to top Go down
Jakethedog
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Male
Number of posts : 3741

PostSubject: Re: How sad    Sun 08 Dec 2013, 1:57 pm

Yeah sadly what you were told is very true , they too have a pretty shi77y life in the wrong hands
Back to top Go down
janandruby44
Team Support
Team Support

Female
Number of posts : 11929

PostSubject: Re: How sad    Sun 08 Dec 2013, 7:54 pm

There are lots of ex racing greyhounds in Skipton and they have their own Charity shop in the High Street x
Back to top Go down
Sandi
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 15687

PostSubject: Re: How sad    Sun 08 Dec 2013, 8:01 pm

They have a really bad time here and in Ireland. If they are no longer good for racing they are just considered rubbish.

I fostered a few until I kept one, she was, as they all are such gentle little giants with a kind heart who just want to have a nice cosy bed to sleep in all day.

It is a myth that these dogs need extreme excercise they are content with the basics, but still no one wants them.

Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 31921

PostSubject: Re: How sad    Sun 08 Dec 2013, 10:06 pm

I was quite surprised at the excercise levels, my boy was very lazy. In fact, all my Staffies have needed far more excercise than he ever did

The only negative experience I had was that whilst I had him two men knocked on my door and barged into my flat demanding to buy him. I was only 18 at the time so was pretty scared but thankfully a few yells to my upstairs neighbour sorted them out as he came down and cleared them off. No idea what they had planned to do with him

Khyber as he was called did not bat an eyelid throughout the whole incident

Back to top Go down
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 1679

PostSubject: Re: How sad    Sun 08 Dec 2013, 10:51 pm

Staffylover wrote:
I was quite surprised at the excercise levels, my boy was very lazy. In fact, all my Staffies have needed far more excercise than he ever did

The only negative experience I had was that whilst I had him two men knocked on my door and barged into my flat demanding to buy him. I was only 18 at the time so was pretty scared but thankfully a few yells to my upstairs neighbour sorted them out as he came down and cleared them off. No idea what they had planned to do with him

Khyber as he was called did not bat an eyelid throughout the whole incident
Yes i was supprised aswell at the excersize , i have attualy met this lady once before but i had casper my mates staffy with me , and she did remember me as she said i remember you dog sitting a fawn one , and at the time i told her i was dog sitting but was thinking of getting one of my own , and she said joking get a greyhound they only need two half hour walks i think she said ? but then i went on my way so never knew she was a fosterer then

How awfull for you having that happen , theres some right nutters about , fancy barging into to your flat
Back to top Go down
stepys1
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 2364

PostSubject: Re: How sad    Mon 09 Dec 2013, 8:08 pm

I've seen two posters this week in our area of lost/stolen greyhounds :(
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How sad    

Back to top Go down