Staffiezone

Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

HomeFrontLog inChat BoxRegister

Share | 

wiley had ago at another dog

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 1679

PostSubject: wiley had ago at another dog    Fri 20 Dec 2013, 11:23 am

Hello

Right is this something i should worry about or do you think he was just abit overwelmed , i took wiley into town today and my neighbour was there the one with the dog that got run over , so we were chatting outside a shop about her dog (hes ok now) just learning to walk on 3 legs

wiley was sat down been very good , when this lady with a massive dog , and when i say massive it was like a horse , could of been some sort of french mastiff ? altho it wasnt that colour , but it was huge and clearly the lady wasnt strong enough to hold it and it pulled towards wiley , and wiley was kinda backed into a wall , she said dont worry hes friendly , and up until now wiley was freindly , anyway wiley sniffed it then it went to sniff wiley , bear in mind it was huge and it was very over powering as the lady had no control , then wiley went for it ?? do you think he was just letting it know that he was small and felt over powered by it ?? or should i be worried that wiley could be getting funny , i know wiley shouldnt of gone for it , but this lady had no control over that dog whatsoever , even after wiley had done that she had no strenth to pull it away
Back to top Go down
StaffySel
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 6585

PostSubject: Re: wiley had ago at another dog    Fri 20 Dec 2013, 11:45 pm

It sounds like to me, the woman having no control over her dog was the problem. Wiley sensed this and thought, s##t I don't like this much! And with him being backed into a corner it was too much for him (I don't blame him)!
I wouldn't worry, Wiley was just telling him he was a bit scared of this big, out of control dog!
Back to top Go down
Jakethedog
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Male
Number of posts : 3741

PostSubject: Re: wiley had ago at another dog    Sat 21 Dec 2013, 2:54 am

Nope I wouldn't worry about it , I think as Selena says he wasn't to happy about the situation so was just letting the dog know this , its good IMO that he knows when to stand his ground :)
Back to top Go down
Sandi
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 15687

PostSubject: Re: wiley had ago at another dog    Sat 21 Dec 2013, 7:15 am

Probably just saying get out of my space same as we woild if wwe were overpowered by someone looming over us.

I wouldn't worry x

Back to top Go down
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: wiley had ago at another dog    Sat 21 Dec 2013, 9:38 am

Agh cool , i asked my mum too last night and she said the same as you guys , tbh a couple of small dogs have done the same to wiley when hes got a bit too close , this big dog scared me aswell never mind wiley LOL, it didnt seem agressive but god it was huge with an owner that clearly couldnt hold it , dont think i could hold a dog that size and power either , if i was her i would be worried it would pull me into a car , just ive never seen wiley react like that before , well i have on the park last week but that was because another dog had ago at him , but this one didnt have ago so it got me abit worried that wiley may be turning
Back to top Go down
StaffySel
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 6585

PostSubject: Re: wiley had ago at another dog    Sat 21 Dec 2013, 9:47 am

It does worry me when people have these dogs that they can't control.
Yesterday a man walked past us with a husky which was going crazy at us and he looked like he was struggling to hold on to it! I was actually a bit scared he was gonna let go of the lead!
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 31921

PostSubject: Re: wiley had ago at another dog    Sat 21 Dec 2013, 11:17 am

I agree with the others and dont worry too much about it, I suspect he felt cornered and would know that this dog is not in a positive frame of mind.

Just carry on with him as normal x

Back to top Go down
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: wiley had ago at another dog    Sat 21 Dec 2013, 1:00 pm

StaffySel wrote:
It does worry me when people have these dogs that they can't control.
Yesterday a man walked past us with a husky which was going crazy at us and he looked like he was struggling to hold on to it! I was actually a bit scared he was gonna let go of the lead!

I know Sel , ppl should get dogs they can handle ,or at least get the dog some training , i knew i could handle a male staffy before i got wiley as had looked after my mates who wasnt lead trained at all and pulled like a train and i handled him , im only little but have handled horses in the past so knew i would be ok , but some women cant handle male staffys , when i was looking there was one in rescue in cumbria that was to strong for his female owner thats why he was in there , but this dog yesterday was litrally the size of a shetland pony LOL , i honestly wouldnt like to be around if it did kick of

wiley is pretty good on the lead but if he see's a cat he will pull and needs strong handling , my 11 year old leads him to school and back but if i see a cat or children or other dogs i always take control , as he did pull her over once in our driveway when we first got him but she was messing about and not concentrating
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 31921

PostSubject: Re: wiley had ago at another dog    Sat 21 Dec 2013, 6:05 pm

That's the reason I would never get en EBT as much as I love them. I looked at one before I got Reuben and he was so strong I had to hold on to my hubby's brother to stop being pulled over.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: wiley had ago at another dog    

Back to top Go down

wiley had ago at another dog
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1