Staffiezone

Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

HomeFrontLog inChat BoxRegister

Share | 

what do you do when someone comes round

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 1679

PostSubject: what do you do when someone comes round    Tue 21 Jan 2014, 3:53 pm

Hello

What do you do when someone comes round your house thats not a family freind ? ie i have a double glazing sales rep coming round on thurs and i just know wiley will get mega excited and tbh i do struggle to contain him in the house when someone is here as he likes to say hello and if they say helo to him hes likly to jump on them   do you lock your dogs in another room ? or are yours better behaved than mine LOL i can just about keep him under control on parks providing they dont make a fuss of him , but in the home i do struggle LOL he just wants to be freinds with everyone and thinks pl have come round to see him and then he gets his toys out so ppl wil play with him   
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 31893

PostSubject: Re: what do you do when someone comes round    Tue 21 Jan 2014, 6:43 pm

Sounds familiar, Reuben has taken to humping visitors when he gets excited. I do on occasion put him in the kitchen but tend to hold onto his collar. Could you out Wiley on the lead when he comes around and then when he is calm let him off.

Back to top Go down
xclairex1
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 6615

PostSubject: Re: what do you do when someone comes round    Tue 21 Jan 2014, 6:48 pm

I tend to put mine in the kitchen or bedroom as maybe they don't like dogs lol x

Back to top Go down
Sandi
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 15687

PostSubject: Re: what do you do when someone comes round    Tue 21 Jan 2014, 7:15 pm

My two don't go near anyone or the front door unless I say it is ok. However I don't let them loose on a stranger as they would go mad for cuddles and jump up.

For sales people and non-dog lovers they stay in the lounge quiet as mice. If we go outside they look through the blinds with the sad face on lol

Back to top Go down
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: what do you do when someone comes round    Tue 21 Jan 2014, 7:34 pm

Sandi wrote:
My two don't go near anyone or the front door unless I say it is ok.  However I don't let them loose on a stranger as they would go mad for cuddles and jump up.

For sales people and non-dog lovers they stay in the lounge quiet as mice.  If we go outside they look through the blinds with the sad face on lol

LOL at them looking through the blinds with there sad faces

Wileys good when ppl knock on the door he doesnt even move lol or if he does he will peer his head round the lounge door , but its as soon as they come in he thinks they have come to see him LOL

he did run out the other day when an rspca fund raiser knocked on the door but that was because the bloke said awww blue staffy and made eye contact with him , so he thought then it was someon eto be mates with
Back to top Go down
StaffySel
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 6585

PostSubject: Re: what do you do when someone comes round    Tue 21 Jan 2014, 7:41 pm

This is Enzo all over. He doesn't calm down the whole time people are here, won't stop jumping up and if they sit down then he's jumping on and off their lap!

I sometimes give him his toy with a treat inside and that keeps him occupied. Like when a man came around to look at the radiator, I knew the man would be kneeling down and Enzo would be licking his face so I made sure I had his treat toy ready.
Back to top Go down
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: what do you do when someone comes round    Tue 21 Jan 2014, 7:47 pm

StaffySel wrote:
This is Enzo all over. He doesn't calm down the whole time people are here, won't stop jumping up and if they sit down then he's jumping on and off their lap!

I sometimes give him his toy with a treat inside and that keeps him occupied. Like when a man came around to look at the radiator, I knew the man would be kneeling down and Enzo would be licking his face so I made sure I had his treat toy ready.

LOL arent they funny , cause my mums dog doesnt do this (bordercollie) she may greet them but then will go and lie down

i can control him on the parks i think because i think hes see's ppl as just randon ppl with dogs , and i can walk past ppl on pavements and he doesnt bat an eyelid , or try and jump up but at home im sure he thinks theve come round for him
Back to top Go down
stepys1
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 2354

PostSubject: Re: what do you do when someone comes round    Tue 21 Jan 2014, 8:15 pm

Quattro acts like he's never seen someone before lol he gets soooo excited unless the person ignores him like we ask (very few people that do this). If we know a person isn't keen on dogs we'll put him behind a stair gate. I can't think of anyone we've ever had in the house that we don't know. I have a friend who won't come round unless he's in his crate (he only uses it at night so wouldn't put him in it as he'd bark) so she doesn't come round. If they don't like my dog then I'd rather they didn't come round spinner smile 
Back to top Go down
Sandi
Team Member
Team Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: what do you do when someone comes round    Tue 21 Jan 2014, 8:46 pm

stepys1 wrote:
Quattro acts like he's never seen someone before lol he gets soooo excited unless the person ignores him like we ask (very few people that do this). If we know a person isn't keen on dogs we'll put him behind a stair gate. I can't think of anyone we've ever had in the house that we don't know. I have a friend who won't come round unless he's in his crate (he only uses it at night so wouldn't put him in it as he'd bark) so she doesn't come round. If they don't like my dog then I'd rather they didn't come round spinner smile 

Ha ha you hit the nail on the head Lou, like they have never seen another human.

Why does Kassi always also assume that other humans ears need deep cleaning? She never touches mine! Lol

Back to top Go down
stepys1
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 2354

PostSubject: Re: what do you do when someone comes round    Tue 21 Jan 2014, 8:50 pm

Ah ha Quattro is like this with my dad including giving his bald head a good wash  lol he'd never accept this behaviour from his dog but Quattro is his blue eyed boy lol
Back to top Go down
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: what do you do when someone comes round    Thu 23 Jan 2014, 11:06 am

Well we was lucky the double glazing salesman was an ex dog handler and he let wiley say hello and then wiley was quite well behaved tbh he said hello then sat down
Back to top Go down
Sandi
Team Member
Team Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: what do you do when someone comes round    Thu 23 Jan 2014, 2:15 pm

lol Bet that shocked you

Back to top Go down
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: what do you do when someone comes round    Thu 23 Jan 2014, 2:35 pm

it did and trying to work out now how a double glazing salesman came to be a dog handler LOL he looked very police force kinda person to me so i dunno , shame his windows were too expensive LOL this means ive got to go through all this again and knowing my look the next one will be a dog hater
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 31893

PostSubject: Re: what do you do when someone comes round    Thu 23 Jan 2014, 5:27 pm

You never know but I doubt you will get another handler lol

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what do you do when someone comes round    

Back to top Go down

what do you do when someone comes round
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1