Staffiezone

Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

HomeFrontLog inChat BoxRegister

Share | 

Puppy barking

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 31921

PostSubject: Puppy barking   Wed 22 Jan 2014, 1:18 pm

Someone has posted on FB that her neighbour is complaining because her puppy is always barking. Her argument is that she only puts him out for 15 minutes at a time, I assume this is often as part of his house training but everyone is being very critical of her neighbour for complaining.

Maybe I am not of the same mindset but personally I think she is out of order leaving him to bark and she needs to sort out why he is doing it. I can only assume she is putting him out and shutting him out and leaving him.

Given that I have never had a 10 week old pup maybe I am being unrealistic but I know what it was like when a neighbours dog used to bark all the time, used to really pee me off. My concern would be that the barking would become a habit from being put outdoors but I am no expert.

No doubt I will get slated for airing my views!

Back to top Go down
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 1679

PostSubject: Re: Puppy barking   Wed 22 Jan 2014, 1:29 pm

I would tend to agree with you , and even i was worried about the neighbours at 5.30 this morning when wiley barked as hes so loud with it , so a puppy constamtly barking would be annoying for some neighbours . and agree that it will noew be a routine that the pup will get into
Back to top Go down
Jakethedog
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Male
Number of posts : 3741

PostSubject: Re: Puppy barking   Wed 22 Jan 2014, 8:03 pm

thought id replyed to this at dinner on my phone ?

personally I don't blame the neighbour   id be the exact same tbh , it will think its ok to bark away if allowed , its the owners job to stop this

theres a women that's about 5 doors down behind us , shes got 3 JR and they never stop barking , no matter the time , it drives me mad in the summer months as they just fight each other as ones a rescue and has aggression probs , funny thing is she does dog training near us as a trainer :(

I like the lady tbh so that's the reason iv not told her im not happy

its ok the people on fb saying their bit but they don't live next to a yapping dog
Back to top Go down
suziet
Team Support
Team Support

Female
Number of posts : 23449

PostSubject: Re: Puppy barking   Wed 22 Jan 2014, 8:33 pm

It's upsetting to hear any door bark. I wonder how long pup is left for xx it can't be easy living next door to a yapping dog especially if you work nights x
Back to top Go down
Sandi
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 15687

PostSubject: Re: Puppy barking   Wed 22 Jan 2014, 8:56 pm

I hate hearing dogs barking especially if it goes on.

When I was fostering I used to have guts ache when I first left them worrying about if they barked what the neighbours would say. I have been fortunate in that all mine have been good.

My old Staffie used to have separation anxiety but before we were fully aware of what was happening with her our old neighbours called the Dog Warden who visited and just laughed about it all. I ended up taking the dog to work every day, but sadly that is not an option for other people.

If it is a puppy it probably is confused and needs some stimulation to see it through, going outside with the pup instead of locking him out might help.

I'm waffling again.....

Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 31921

PostSubject: Re: Puppy barking   Wed 22 Jan 2014, 9:35 pm

Totally agree Sandi

Chloe used to bark every day all day when we were at work but as our neighbours had dogs they never told us until almost two years later.
Once we knew about it I hated leaving her but we found she settled if we allowed her to go upstairs when we went out.

I do worry about Belle barking on the Thursday or Friday when our son is at college as she apparently barked all the time at her last home but that was I beleive only when she was locked out in the garden. Our neighbours have not said anything and I have not asked, I would rather not know unless it becomes a problem for them

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Puppy barking   

Back to top Go down

Puppy barking
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1