Staffiezone

Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

HomeFrontLog inChat BoxRegister

Share | 

couple of questions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 1679

PostSubject: couple of questions    Thu 13 Feb 2014, 6:28 pm

First off i have noticed when wiley meets a faster dog than him he gets out of puff very quick and then starts coughing , is this anything i should be concerned about ?? hes done this a couple of times now latest been this morning with what looked like a staffie cross whippet , she was quick and wiley went running after her and he could keep up for a few seconds then i could see him losing then he started to cough after a couple of minutes and then panting , he carried on chasing her for about 5 minutes but was lagging behind and did cough a couple of times , then she went and we walked round the park on our own he was fine sniffing about running loose , we then took my daughter to school and pass another park on the way and he met his mate the doberman on there and was running after him so he was still full of enegry and will chase a ball ok lots of times , its just when the dog is faster than him he tends to start coughing

Secondly ever since that dog bit wiley on the head hes been abit naughty getting us up in the night he did this for a couple of week's on and off and i put it down to the fact he used to get us up when we had seen that dog again and it had tried to go for him again ie barking at him agressivly , so i have been taking another route and avoiding it and hes been sleeping through

but now hes wet the bed 3 times now this week i cannot understrand why ? he has always had abit of an issue with peeing , like when we got him he used to pee on us with excitment and anyone that he met in our house , we got him out of this after the first week and he may only do it now from time to time if somethings upset him , he has had a few accidents over night since i got him but he could go for a month and not pee then all of sudden something would upset him and he would pee through the night ,then it wouldnt happen for a few weeks then another accident so i kinda just lived with it , i dont think its delibrate i think hes doin it in his sleep, i just cannot under stand why as the last 3 times this week nothing has upset him that i can think of , the only other thing is im doin home improvements and the house is like a bombsite and im doin alot of banging and drilling and sanding with a power sander in the day , hes fine he doesnt seem scared he stays in the lounge sleeping on the sofa , and obviously last night we had howling gales , there the only things i can think could be upsetting him
Back to top Go down
suziet
Team Support
Team Support

Female
Number of posts : 23424

PostSubject: Re: couple of questions    Thu 13 Feb 2014, 8:55 pm

Hi Honey may I answer as best as I can tomorrow xx I'm on my mobile and it takes ages to reply lol
Back to top Go down
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: couple of questions    Thu 13 Feb 2014, 8:58 pm

ok thankyou :)
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 31891

PostSubject: Re: couple of questions    Thu 13 Feb 2014, 9:21 pm

Has he always coughed when running or is this something recent?

Does Wiley always go to the toilet before bed? It could be the house work? Could he be getting cold and then waking up in the night and needing a pee?

Back to top Go down
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: couple of questions    Thu 13 Feb 2014, 9:51 pm

Staffylover wrote:
Has he always coughed when running or is this something recent?

Does Wiley always go to the toilet before bed? It could be the house work? Could he be getting cold and then waking up in the night and needing a pee?

yes he has but only when he runs against something faster like today it was the whippet cross staffie that was miles leaner and faster than him , and the last time he did it was with a greyhound , other than that his running about chasing balls etc is fine

wiley goes on a 15 minute to halfhour walk before we go to bed every night at about 10pm and he has loads of pee's , he's then let out at 7am again would of thought if he was waking he would come and get me , as the nights hes had me up since that bite he hasnt attually peed it was a case of him coming up waking us up jumping on the bed wanting to get in , but i just say down and he goes back downstairs again , this is why i think its in his sleep as its on his duvet thats on the sofa , he also goes all day from 9am roughly till about 4pm with no probs he would go even longer i think if i let him but i always let him out at about 4 when my daughter comes home from school , so i know he can hold on

i will give you an example of why i think its an upset that causes it , i had him so he hadnt peed for about a month once , and my mate came round who has the staffie casper and he started to play rough with wiley and i told him not too as wileys not used to that and i dont like a dog been played rough with anyway cause wileys quite mouthy when you do that , wiley got really oveley silly and was jumping about like a lunatic jumping up at my mates face trying to lick his ears and i thought he was getting abit out of control , so i rolloked my mate and told wiley off and told him to get down , when my hubby came home that night he went to stroke wiley and said has that daft bugger been round winding you up , he wet himself there and then on the kitchen floor like he thought he was goin to get punished , that night he wet the bed also , but then after that he went dry again for abit then something upsets him and we go back to square one , like the first couple of weeks i had him and he got attacked by that dog he started to wet himslef abit, then it usually takes me a couple of days of been patient for it to stop

but these last 3 times this week i cannot think of anything that could of upset him only the work on the house im doin ? or the wind in last nights case , so basicly this week he peed saturday night , sunday was dry . monday he peed , tueday he was dry , then peed again last night , hes never done it like this usually its once a month or once every 3 weeks , never have i had him pee the bed 3 times in one week
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: couple of questions    Fri 14 Feb 2014, 1:00 pm

As he runs OK when he chases the ball I would not worry about it. I wonder if he pushes himself more with the excitement of running with another dog?

Im not sure about the pee, that is a hard one to crack and I have similar problems with Belle.  She has not peed in the bed upstairs since I bought the new larger one for them to share but peed in it on Monday night?  No reason for it that I can think of

Back to top Go down
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: couple of questions    Fri 14 Feb 2014, 1:11 pm

cool thanks Jo just been a first time owner im not used to the noises they make and coughing etc but he does seem healthy enough , when he first runs after a doig he is very fast so possibly your right just pushing himself to hard

as for peeing its dammed annoying LOL he stayed dry last night , i will get him some of them doggy nappies if he doesnt behave hehe
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: couple of questions    Fri 14 Feb 2014, 8:21 pm

Lol

Have you ever thought of having him in your room overnight.

Back to top Go down
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: couple of questions    Fri 14 Feb 2014, 8:38 pm

he wont settle in our room Jo we have tried putting his bed at the bottom of our bed and he stays there for about half an hour then goes back down stairs , he would stay in our bed under the covers but theres just not enough room , when we first got him he just settled on the sofa at night and that was it he seemed to claim that as his bed
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: couple of questions    Fri 14 Feb 2014, 9:14 pm

Do you close your curtains in the living room at night?

Back to top Go down
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: couple of questions    Fri 14 Feb 2014, 9:15 pm

Staffylover wrote:
Do you close your curtains in the living room at night?

i close the rear ones its a through room , but the front i close the verticle blinds
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: couple of questions    Sat 15 Feb 2014, 9:26 am

I'm wondering if you should close them so it is completely dark when you go to bed, it may help him settle a bit more?

Back to top Go down
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: couple of questions    Sat 15 Feb 2014, 12:45 pm

he was dry again last night , and we did as you advised drew the curtains so will draw them from now on
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: couple of questions    Sun 16 Feb 2014, 9:16 am

How was he last night? Belle pee'd in the bed last night hence Reuben getting on our bed in the middle of the night :-(

Back to top Go down
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: couple of questions    Sun 16 Feb 2014, 9:20 am

he was fine stayed dry but woke us up at 6.40 to get in our bed , sorry to hear belle had an accident it must be bloody catchin
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: couple of questions    Sun 16 Feb 2014, 9:44 am

It's frustrating as it is now one large shared bed so it affects them both. Thing is when she had her own she used to try and get in with Reuben which disturbed him and he started to get in ours. All was OK up to a week ago and they were both settled every night

Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: couple of questions    Tue 18 Feb 2014, 9:36 pm

How has he been the last couple of nights Mandy?

Back to top Go down
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: couple of questions    Tue 18 Feb 2014, 9:46 pm

he's been fine Jo :) how has belle been anymore wet beds ?
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: couple of questions    Tue 18 Feb 2014, 9:50 pm

No nothing but I keep waking up in the night every time one of them moves in case she has pee'd. It's annoying as I know she can go all night

Back to top Go down
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: couple of questions    Tue 18 Feb 2014, 9:55 pm

thats why i8 get annoyed cause i know he can go all day and through the night , so thers no reason for this only been scared or something upsetting him
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: couple of questions    

Back to top Go down

couple of questions
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1