Staffiezone

Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

HomeFrontLog inChat BoxRegister

Share | 

why does wiley keep getting attacked

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 1679

PostSubject: why does wiley keep getting attacked    Mon 10 Mar 2014, 9:22 am

Hi

Im abit concerned , because this is becoming quite often now with other dogs , ive lost count now at the amount of dogs that want to attack wiley and tbh hes terrified of them , the two recent ones one was last week where a black lab just kept setting upon him , he even had his back to it behind me shaking  but it kept goin for  another do , then again this morning a big mastiff type was off lead its owner was at the other end of the field , i was walking with a man i know that has a doberman wiley was on a lead  the mastiff came running over wiley sniffed its bum and it set upon him luckily the  man i was with broke it up , wiley again was cowering with his tail between his legs ,  but the man i was with also said thats very unusual for that dog as its usually a very submissive dog , it was fine with his male doberman ,  so im thinking now is wiley  doin something to provoke these attacks and im not noticing it , as far as im aware hes not as hes on a lead and just sniffs them , i always try and stop him goin face to face as i know that can cause issues . but i dont want to have to stand infront of him from every dog i dont no as i do like him to socilaise and he likes to soclialise , funnily enough casper used to get this aswell when i was walkin him , i have just read on the net that it could be that these dogs have been attacked in the past by staffies ?
Back to top Go down
Jakethedog
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Male
Number of posts : 3741

PostSubject: Re: why does wiley keep getting attacked    Mon 10 Mar 2014, 1:30 pm

Sounds to me like he's just a good natured dog Mandy infact to nice , I reckon the dogs know he's scared & for that reason go at him, I'd say you need to be well on your game around other dogs so hopefully to prevent the chances , he is still quite young so this might change as it did with Alfie , he's super nice & always has been but now won't really tolarate knobhead dogs & reads them well , I also can spot the signs & if need be get Alfie away from the situation , if the other dogs off lead I don't hesitate on shoving it out of the way or a swift kick if its owners a bit laid back about their dog going for alfie ,

Last edited by Jakethedog on Mon 10 Mar 2014, 8:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: why does wiley keep getting attacked    Mon 10 Mar 2014, 1:55 pm

And casper is the same too hes another softy so that could be why they go for him aswell , but i took it it was because he didnt get out much amongst other dogs and they could sence he was abit not used to other dogs and a bit of a whimp lol , but thats not the case in wileys case as he is used to other dogs but he does seem to be soft , he has shown aggression but its pretty rare tbh , he might give a growl as a warning but mostly he doesnt i did read that this dog wasnt to be trusted ,i didnt like the way it was but i didnt show in in me to make wiley think i was scared , its a pity its owner was at the other end of the field , as much as i like these nicer mornings its bringing all the idiots out , i would say wiley is 98% trust worthy to go up to other dogs that are loose but i agree he doesnt read them right like you say alfie does i think he thinks they all want to be mates , i would never allow it if i was at the other end of the field just incase he did do something he shouldnt and other owners shouldnt either as dogs are dogs and anything can trigger a fight ,i have watched wiley and he just wants to be freinds , sometimes hes a tad full on but thats when hes off lead , on a lead he just wants to sniff etc , he pinched the dobermans ball today which he does all the time and usually the doberman doesnt bother but today he did shout at wiley it was rather funny cause wiley just ran off and never tried to steal it again , wiley had his own ball but thought the other dogs ball was better , this mastiff type was horrible to wiley but yet ok with the doberman , im also thinking aswell is it cause wiley isnt castrated ? i dont think the mastiff was either , but wiley gets on with other uncastrated dogs
Back to top Go down
suziet
Team Support
Team Support

Female
Number of posts : 23449

PostSubject: Re: why does wiley keep getting attacked    Mon 10 Mar 2014, 2:32 pm

Sounds to me like he is good natured too honey- poor Wiley xx

Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 31921

PostSubject: Re: why does wiley keep getting attacked    Mon 10 Mar 2014, 9:51 pm

I'm no expert but could Wiley be scared and the other dogs sense this so target him? May be one for Adam as I would not like to second guess

Back to top Go down
janandruby44
Team Support
Team Support

Female
Number of posts : 11929

PostSubject: Re: why does wiley keep getting attacked    Mon 10 Mar 2014, 10:19 pm

I agree, this is something for Adam, poor Wiley x
Back to top Go down
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: why does wiley keep getting attacked    Mon 10 Mar 2014, 10:26 pm

Staffylover wrote:
I'm no expert but could Wiley be scared and the other dogs sense this so target him? May be one for Adam as I would not like to second guess

if theres alot of dogs then wiley does look scared he doesnt like a crowd sniffing him , but one on one and he seems ok , and hes ok with dogs he knows , imho he didnt look scared untill the dog attacked then he did look scared , hes quite a nosy/socialble dog is wiley he likes to say hello to most dogs
Back to top Go down
getcarter
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 2019

PostSubject: Re: why does wiley keep getting attacked    Tue 11 Mar 2014, 6:57 pm

George tends to sense when dogs are nervous or submissive and immediately go to put his neck over their body and bully them, he doesn't attack though
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: why does wiley keep getting attacked    

Back to top Go down

why does wiley keep getting attacked
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1