Staffiezone

Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

HomeFrontLog inChat BoxRegister

Share | 

where do you leave your dogs

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 1679

PostSubject: where do you leave your dogs    Fri 14 Mar 2014, 8:32 pm

Where do you leave your dogs when your at work ? im a stay at home mum at the moment but my youngest is getting older now and i will be looking for work at some point , so i was just wondering where you put your dogs when at work ?

i have always from the first week i got him left wiley on his own for a couple of hours at weekends to go shopping just to get him used to been alone in the house , so when i do go to work it wont be a complete shock been left in the house alone , i have only ever left him for 3 hours at the most , and hes been ok , he just sleeps on the sofa , or in his bed at the back door watching the cats , hes never chewed anything that doesnt belong to him and my house is untidy so theres been alot of opputunity to do it , but he does get startled at noises like if he hears a dog barking in the distance or close by he will bark himself so i think i may have to leave a radio on for him if i was to leave him a long time , i would hate to have to crate him as he was crated all the time before i got him so just wondering what you ppl do
Back to top Go down
StaffySel
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 6585

PostSubject: Re: where do you leave your dogs    Fri 14 Mar 2014, 8:46 pm

Enzo has the run of the house (my flat). He usually just sleeps too.

It sounds like Wiley will be fine on his own. I would defo leave the radio on for him.

I leave these food parcels for him lol. It's a little treat wrapped in cardboard that he has to rip open. Gives him something to do!

Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 31829

PostSubject: Re: where do you leave your dogs    Fri 14 Mar 2014, 10:46 pm

Reuben has the run of the house but Belle cannot be trusted. Thursdays and Fridays she is separated from Reuben by a dog and she stays in the kitchen but can still see Reuben and listed to the TV which we leave on all day.
That for me is a downside of having two as I would never leave them alone together, play could easily escalate into something more. Belle seems happy enough in the kitchen, she has a bed and some toys and antler bar to keep her occupied

Back to top Go down
suziet
Team Support
Team Support

Female
Number of posts : 23352

PostSubject: Re: where do you leave your dogs    Sat 15 Mar 2014, 8:41 am

We always separate the boys simply for peace of mind n to give them time to chill. One has run of downstairs the other upstairs but as my OH now works from home helping me they're very rarely left for more than 2 hours :)
Back to top Go down
getcarter
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 2019

PostSubject: Re: where do you leave your dogs    Mon 17 Mar 2014, 7:53 am

Daisy in her crate, other 2 in lounge all with their kongs and antlers. Poor things have been shoved everywhere recently while the house is 'magnolia'd'
Back to top Go down
K999
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Male
Number of posts : 1087

PostSubject: Re: where do you leave your dogs    Tue 18 Mar 2014, 7:52 am

Mizz get's the run of half the house, downstairs/kitchen/hall and upstairs landing and 1 bedroom. Because mine and Beth's hours can be all over the place Mizzie can sometimes be left for up to 6 hours, but the principle I work on is; a content dog will naturally sleep for upto 16 hours a day. As Mizzie is now a pretty relaxed and calm dog she does indeed sleep most of her spare time away. So if we know she is going to be left for a decent chunk of time we give her a longer walk or take her somewhere different or interesting (where there is lots of new things to sniff) knowing this will see her extra tired and thus simply sleep when we leave her. We tested this a few times by leaving treats/toys around the house and once we found they were untouched we knew she was sleeping/relaxing whilst we were out.
I always advise helping your dog to be calm and relax in general will help enormously when it comes to leaving a dog for any length of time.
Back to top Go down
janandruby44
Team Support
Team Support

Female
Number of posts : 11929

PostSubject: Re: where do you leave your dogs    Tue 18 Mar 2014, 4:46 pm

Ruby and Elsdon are in the living room together. They get a wee break at 12.30 when Bryon goes round and he usually walks them round the block for us. As Glynn's hours changed six months ago I don't really like leaving them all day but I think they just sleep a lot too, so that has helped my conscience. And they get a good hour's walk at night too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: where do you leave your dogs    

Back to top Go down

where do you leave your dogs
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1