Staffiezone

Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

HomeFrontLog inChat BoxRegister

Share | 

such a shame

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 1679

PostSubject: such a shame    Mon 21 Apr 2014, 11:30 am

On my walk today we met buster the animal sanctuary staffie , we saw him last week but this time the walker was abit more socialble so i got chatting to him , i asked if he was ok with other dogs and they werent sure , but he didnt seem aggressive just a tad nervous near wiley and his hackles went up as he got closer , so we didnt allow them to get any closer but he was happy to stand near wiley while i was chatting to the chap , he has scratches on his nose where hes getting agitated in the kennel and has scratced himself and he was so thin he made wiley look fat i guess that is stress , i felt so sorry for him his owners left him there when they split up , he seemed so sad you could tell he was homeless he just didnt have that spark that a well loved for dog has
Back to top Go down
K999
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Male
Number of posts : 1087

PostSubject: Re: such a shame    Mon 21 Apr 2014, 11:44 am

relationship breakdowns is a common reason for dogs being signed into our rescue. Kennel stress almost always results in weight loss. For instance, my Mizz was on 6 meals a day and still losing weight rapidly which, along with the aggression, was one of the reasons I took her home.

By the way, you did a good thing by recognising Buster hackles (indicating he was unsure) and not getting any closer. This would have helped him build a bit of confidence being around people/dogs who don't force themselves on him or invade his space.

Hope he gets some interest soon!
Back to top Go down
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: such a shame    Mon 21 Apr 2014, 11:57 am

K999 wrote:
relationship breakdowns is a common reason for dogs being signed into our rescue.  Kennel stress almost always results in weight loss. For instance, my Mizz was on 6 meals a day and still losing weight rapidly which, along with the aggression, was one of the reasons I took her home.

By the way, you did a good thing by recognising Buster hackles (indicating he was unsure) and not getting any closer. This would have helped him build a bit of confidence being around people/dogs who don't force themselves on him or invade his space.

Hope he gets some interest soon!

He was very unsure of my daughter aswell so i told her not to go any closer and let him come to her

here he is , tbh he look's better in the pics as he looks healthier in the pics he just looked quite sad today with his scratches and been pretty thin

http://www.easterleigh.org.uk/animals/1418/
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 31892

PostSubject: Re: such a shame    Mon 21 Apr 2014, 12:15 pm

Poor lad, been through a few homes already. No wonder he is unsure of himself

Back to top Go down
Jakethedog
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Male
Number of posts : 3722

PostSubject: Re: such a shame    Mon 21 Apr 2014, 12:40 pm

very sad to see , a very handsome lad too
Back to top Go down
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: such a shame    Mon 21 Apr 2014, 12:43 pm

Jakethedog wrote:
very sad to see , a very handsome lad too

the lad was saying how there just so hard to rehome , he said a little yorkie will be in and out sometimes in a week , but staffies just take ages
Back to top Go down
stepys1
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 2354

PostSubject: Re: such a shame    Mon 21 Apr 2014, 7:27 pm

He's very cute!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: such a shame    

Back to top Go down