Staffiezone

Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

HomeFrontLog inChat BoxRegister

Share | 

help

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 1679

PostSubject: help    Tue 29 Apr 2014, 10:36 am

Hello

Im dog sitting tommorow all day and possibly he may have to stay the night , im on my own aswell all day    any advice , wiley gets along with him but can get abit full on in an enclosed space so he does need checking , im hoping to get them out in the morning for a walk together with my daughter before she starts school , the trouble is this one is goin to be pulling like a train so hoping the walk on the park will help before im left to walk them back on my own , obviously im not goin to be able to turn my back on them for a second , and they will have to be separate if he has to stay the night , any other advice , i guess i shouldnt make too much of a fuss of casper infront of wiley ? and wiley may mark his terrotory after hes gone back home  oops 
Back to top Go down
Sandi
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 15687

PostSubject: Re: help    Tue 29 Apr 2014, 11:37 am

If he is going to pull, it might be an idea to walk them one by one to start with or do you think that is going to be worse.

You are right about not too much fuss but that probably applies to both of them in front of each other.

Don't forget it is the other dogs home so he is going to assume he is boss and Wiley is just the visitor.

Keep the collars on.

Back to top Go down
janandruby44
Team Support
Team Support

Female
Number of posts : 11929

PostSubject: Re: help    Tue 29 Apr 2014, 11:39 am

Can't add any more than Sandi but good luck  spinner smile 
Back to top Go down
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: help    Tue 29 Apr 2014, 11:45 am

Sandi wrote:
If he is going to pull, it might be an idea to walk them one by one to start with or do you think that is going to be worse.

You are right about not too much fuss but that probably applies to both of them in front of each other.

Don't forget it is the other dogs home so he is going to assume he is boss and Wiley is just the visitor.

Keep the collars on.

i was thinking about doin a separate walk , but i feel i may upset wiley more if i leave him here and take casper out , infact i dont think wiley would like that at all tbh ,  so ive decided to walk them together , im hoping after a walk and a run round the park providng theres no other dogs on will help to stop casper pullin , he only pulls out of excitement cause he never gets out much on a lead
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 31921

PostSubject: Re: help    Tue 29 Apr 2014, 7:51 pm

Hope all goes well. I would definitely seperate them at night, where does Casper sleep at night when he is at hime

Back to top Go down
staffymad
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: help    Tue 29 Apr 2014, 7:56 pm

Staffylover wrote:
Hope all goes well. I would definitely seperate them at night, where does Casper sleep at night when he is at hime

Casper has his own bedroom and sleeps on a duvet , the week he stayed here last year he slept on the sofa like wiley does , so if he does have to stay over i will shut him in here in the lounge , and wiley will have to sleep in our bed , he will like that , its a last resort him staying the night , his owner is goin to his sisters funeral so it could get very late hence why he might have to stay over
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: help    Tue 29 Apr 2014, 10:10 pm

Sounds like you have it all worked out  spinner smile 

Back to top Go down
Jakethedog
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Male
Number of posts : 3741

PostSubject: Re: help    Tue 29 Apr 2014, 10:23 pm

cant add much more than the very good advice already given by sandi really , fingers crossed it all gos well mandy
Back to top Go down
Jakethedog
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Male
Number of posts : 3741

PostSubject: Re: help    Sun 04 May 2014, 4:54 pm

Spoke to Mandy towards the end of this week, she is having trouble with her internet.  Anyway she has sent some pictures to me on my mobile and I said I would upload them for her, so here they are, hopefully she will be back online soon.

Last edited by Jakethedog on Sun 04 May 2014, 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
suziet
Team Support
Team Support

Female
Number of posts : 23449

PostSubject: Re: help    Sun 04 May 2014, 7:17 pm

Awww loving the pics ;)
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: help    Sun 04 May 2014, 7:23 pm

Great pics, the boys look like they are having fun and getting on well. Hope Mandys internet gets sorted soon

Back to top Go down
xclairex1
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 6615

PostSubject: Re: help    Sun 04 May 2014, 11:07 pm

Looks Like all is going well x

Back to top Go down
janandruby44
Team Support
Team Support

Female
Number of posts : 11929

PostSubject: Re: help    Mon 05 May 2014, 9:40 pm

spinner smile 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: help    

Back to top Go down

help
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Staffiezone :: Dog Chat, Help and Advice :: General or Random Staffie, Bullie and Dog Chat-
Jump to: