Staffiezone

Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

HomeFrontLog inChat BoxRegister

Share | 

how much more can 1 owner take!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
AuthorMessage
kirstie
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 1603

PostSubject: Re: how much more can 1 owner take!   Sun 14 Mar 2010, 1:29 pm

you've all been so supportive and without you lot i would definatley have given up on him but not now im so determinded more so that i ever have been with him. now i know he can do it i think maybe i was trying too many things at once as hes doing so well with a couple of things at a time. its actually a pleasure to walk him now both for him and me im not being dragged around and slowly loosing my temper lol now as soon as he goes to pull and i pause for a second to walk back he literally stops looks at me and begins to walk back to me and by my side a few month agao i never would have thought it possible. and it is thanks to every body on here for keeping my faith in the dog and also myself thankyou so much xx
Back to top Go down
Angel
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 7814

PostSubject: Re: how much more can 1 owner take!   Sun 14 Mar 2010, 2:04 pm

your welcome so so glad he,s coming round hun i really am :))
Back to top Go down
Jo n Buffs
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 19490

PostSubject: Re: how much more can 1 owner take!   Sun 14 Mar 2010, 2:22 pm

Kirstie just remember once you are sorted we will all be calling on you come help with our furbabies lolol

seriously hun you have done amazingly you must have the patience of a saint and tremendous will power to keep going like you have , we have all said before many would have given up by now but you havent yes you may have thought of about it but thats what makes you human
and Tyne has prooven now that he can do it and he can bethe dog that you want him to be
we are all megga happy for you and for our furbaby xxxx
Back to top Go down
kirstie
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: how much more can 1 owner take!   Sun 14 Mar 2010, 3:03 pm

im just getting ready to take him 4 a walk i look 4ward 2 it now dancing theres still a long way to go i know that but im really ready 4 it now where as b4 i was at the stage of what do i do now lol in a short period of time ive seen such a difference and with something so simple aswell its amazin really it is. i had him on the field the other day and a friend came 2 say hi and a young woman with a shar pei pup came over. i explained he was no good with other dogs but still she came a bit close for tyne and he started barking and trying to pull to her i explained over his barking that its cause he wasnt socalised by his other owners and yet still she tried to come closer but i kept calm and said no in a stern voice to tyne however he took no notice so i put him in the sit and he started to calm down but i thought how irrisponsible or the shar pei owner in a way 4 puttin her puppy at risk like that as im certain tyne was going to try and fight with it due to his body language. hes fine if they are at a distance but any closer then he starts trying to act the only way he knows at the min. if it had been demi or rocky they would have just played. i was so embarrased but really the other owner should have known better wen told he was no good with other dogs apart from the 1s he lives with. i guess i'll come across more like it lol im just shocked that people do not listen wen it was for their own good. at the min i try to take him out when other people are usually busy i.e. meal times lol but im hoping with the way hes progressing i'll be able to take him out anytime
Back to top Go down
Jo n Buffs
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: how much more can 1 owner take!   Sun 14 Mar 2010, 3:20 pm

you will allways get irresponsible owners like that hun , Tyne was on the lead and you warned her that should have been enough for her and she should have walked on people like that make me so bloody mad its them sort of owners that their dog gets attacked and they blame the one under control grrrrrrrrr
Back to top Go down
kirstie
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: how much more can 1 owner take!   Sun 14 Mar 2010, 3:35 pm

thats what i thought jo im just pleased i had a witness if anything did happen plus it wasnt nice for tyne either seein him like that or him bein like that as he was so calm b4 thats what got me thinkin bout the castration thing as b4 wen it was mentioned on here we werent sure if we were going to mate him and demi again but now we've decided not 2 and get her spayed once everything calms down with her so wen we book her in i may see bout tyne gettin done if hes calming then it will help him as it did with our staff x taz he used to be a nightmare wen young but e started to calm down then we got him snipped and it helped him loads so we will see with tyne lol
Back to top Go down
Jo n Buffs
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: how much more can 1 owner take!   Sun 14 Mar 2010, 4:01 pm

you should talk to your vet when you take Demi in hun he will be sure to give you the best advice

he will come good he is allready showing you that he is willing to learn
Back to top Go down
kirstie
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: how much more can 1 owner take!   Sun 14 Mar 2010, 8:07 pm

if he calms down naturally then i may not need 2 but im defo gunna ask the vet as it may help him more lol
Back to top Go down
kirstie
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: how much more can 1 owner take!   Tue 16 Mar 2010, 4:42 pm

well ive had tyne out today and im so pleased with him i was able to get him to leave treats on the floor, sit and stay and then lie down and also i thought i would try getting him 2 sit and stay and walk away from him on his training lead and see if he would stay or follow me and guess what........
he sat and stayed and i walked backwards away from him to the full length of his lead and he waited lovely until i called him. im sooooooooooooo pleased with him what a good boy hes being x
Back to top Go down
Eddi and Daisy
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 4187

PostSubject: Re: how much more can 1 owner take!   Tue 16 Mar 2010, 4:44 pm

Thats fantastic hun, they learn so quickly, both eddi and daisy were top of their puppy classes and picked things up almost 1st time.
Back to top Go down
kirstie
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: how much more can 1 owner take!   Tue 16 Mar 2010, 4:58 pm

i couldnt believe my eyes lol we were asked by linda to practise the recall which is better with 2 people but i was on my own with him and thought i would try it and i got the shock of my life! on the way home from the field we met another dog n owner and before classes etc id have found it hard to control him but i stayed calm switched sides with him so he was away from the dog kept a distance and it was great
Back to top Go down
Jo n Buffs
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: how much more can 1 owner take!   Tue 16 Mar 2010, 5:12 pm

thats fantastic news well done both of you x
Back to top Go down
Angel
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 7814

PostSubject: Re: how much more can 1 owner take!   Tue 16 Mar 2010, 5:14 pm

well done both he,s doing really really well now does he seem happier too ?
Back to top Go down
kirstie
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: how much more can 1 owner take!   Tue 16 Mar 2010, 6:08 pm

yeah he does especally wen hes out for a walk its as if hes taking notice of everything but not in a rush to get there lol and it sounds daft but he looks happier im just pleased that hes making progress but faster than i thought he would have. i guess starting from scratch does work and maybe it has been the best decision i have made as i can see the difference in him its amazing lol x
Back to top Go down
Jo n Buffs
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: how much more can 1 owner take!   Tue 16 Mar 2010, 6:30 pm

its strange how the simple things work hun
staffys are extremley clever willing little doglets and are very quick to learn
Back to top Go down
kirstie
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: how much more can 1 owner take!   Tue 16 Mar 2010, 6:49 pm

lol jo i was told the opposite that they are hard to train but once you get there with them they are great fun which is why i think that i find it so amazin that the easy things work. but we had no bother with demi lol shes really treat orientated lol shed sell her tail for a bono biscuit lol
Back to top Go down
Jo n Buffs
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: how much more can 1 owner take!   Tue 16 Mar 2010, 8:06 pm

girls are just clever hun lololol its being female you see lolol

from what i have been told males are more stuborn but what ever sex they are allways eager to please and willing leaners
Back to top Go down
kirstie
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: how much more can 1 owner take!   Fri 19 Mar 2010, 5:45 pm

from all the male staffys i know your right they are more stubborn then the girls and take more to get them to listen ive learned that through experience aswell lol. well today i got tyne to lie down yey!! been having trouble with that all week for some reason lol but today he did it no bother. hes at his class again tonight so i will see if he behaves im hoping hes as relaxed as he was last week he had a couple of moments but nothing like his first week. hes also starting to learn the leave command when theres treats on the floor im very pleased not just with him but myself i didnt really think i could do this i thought i'd reached the end of my tether but i guess it shows you i found the determination from somewhere and im actually enjoying the training and also its great being able to walk him rather than him walk me lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how much more can 1 owner take!   

Back to top Go down

how much more can 1 owner take!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 8 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8