Staffiezone

Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

HomeFrontLog inChat BoxRegister

Share | 

how much more can 1 owner take!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Sandi
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 15687

PostSubject: Re: how much more can 1 owner take!   Wed 17 Feb 2010, 1:03 pm

I take my hat off to you as you are doing so much hard work and thinking with Tyne, I really hope it comes good for you as you deserve a break. keep us updated hun xx
Back to top Go down
Jo n Buffs
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 19490

PostSubject: Re: how much more can 1 owner take!   Wed 17 Feb 2010, 1:32 pm

Admin Sandi wrote:
I take my hat off to you as you are doing so much hard work and thinking with Tyne, I really hope it comes good for you as you deserve a break. keep us updated hun xx

agreed
Back to top Go down
kirstie
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 1603

PostSubject: Re: how much more can 1 owner take!   Wed 17 Feb 2010, 3:55 pm

well we've just got back in i dont no about tyne but im nakered!! ROFL i guess ive just got to get my positive head back on his classes start on the 5th march so hopefully the trainer can give me some advice after the class. on the walk he met some cows which he couldnt take his eyes off but calmly walked away which i was pleased with as a few months ago id have had a fight on with him! even the hubby could see how well behaved he was as its usually just me who walks him 1 2 1. im going to have a think and put together a plan of action and try to stick to it. hopefully fingers crossed toes etc it'l start to work and can get back to the happy state we were at until a couple of days ago. thankyou guys 4 everything
Back to top Go down
tracy barry
Silver Forum Member
Silver Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 273

PostSubject: Re: how much more can 1 owner take!   Wed 17 Feb 2010, 8:09 pm

HI KIRSTIE I NO JUST HOW YOU FEEL LOVE. I AM GOING THROUGH THE SAME THING WITH SAFFIE I CAGE HER AND SHE GETS OUT BUT SHE HAS NEVER DESTROYED ANYTHING. SO I HAVE GONE BACK TO BASICS. SAFFIE IS VERY FEARFUL AND ITS BEEN VERY HARD AND TRYING. I AM TRYING TO BRING HER CONFIDENCE OUT BY PLAY WHICH HAS BEEN HARD SO I GIVE HER LOTS OF TREATS AND PRAISE. PRAISE TO A STAFFIE IS NOTHING SHORT OF GLORIOUS. I HAD SAFFIE DUMPED ON US. WE DID,NT WONT HER AS WE ALREADY HAD TWO BUT COULD NOT PART WITH HER. SO I NO HOW YOU FEEL. I NO YOU HAVE TRYED HARD WITH HIM AND IT IS A TRYING TIME BUT IT WILL COME I'M SURE. I WISH YOU LUCK HUN.XXX
Back to top Go down
Jo n Buffs
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: how much more can 1 owner take!   Wed 17 Feb 2010, 8:15 pm

kirstie and tracey it will come good for you both you have both worked hard with your furbabies wont be long before you are here saying how you cannot believe how naughty they were as now they are little angels lolxxx
Back to top Go down
tracy barry
Silver Forum Member
Silver Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: how much more can 1 owner take!   Wed 17 Feb 2010, 8:23 pm

I WISH BUT THANKS JO.XX
Back to top Go down
Jo n Buffs
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: how much more can 1 owner take!   Wed 17 Feb 2010, 8:30 pm

it will all work out im sure and it wont seem half as bad knowing that another friend on here is going through simular so thats extra suport in each other xx
Back to top Go down
kirstie
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: how much more can 1 owner take!   Wed 17 Feb 2010, 9:13 pm

lol jo i hope ur ryt but the word angel n tyne seem worlds apart!! had a lovely day been peace since his walk
Back to top Go down
Jo n Buffs
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: how much more can 1 owner take!   Wed 17 Feb 2010, 9:20 pm

maybe thats what he needs more of as in tyring him out so he hasnt got the energy to run riot for you
and there are black angels u know lol only joking he will get there
Back to top Go down
kirstie
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: how much more can 1 owner take!   Wed 17 Feb 2010, 9:46 pm

ROFL aye his halo is about ready to choak him! hes on tormenting demi at the min shes hyper think il take them both out 2morrow they funny as they nip eachother playfully when they walk then look at me as if to say what i didnt do anything lol
Back to top Go down
kirstie
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: how much more can 1 owner take!   Wed 17 Feb 2010, 9:53 pm

thanks tracey, im sure there are others out there who have worse troubles then me with their babies i tell u im either going to be bald or grey by the time he behaves lol, him gettin out of the cage i could handle if he just laid on the sofa or something but it was the chewing that got me bigstyle. im hopeful he cant escape now but knowin him he will houdini the 2nd he is i thought demi was bad lol but she never did any damage we were very lucky with her shes been no bother apart from when in heat n then shes a lil flirt even the cat used to get it off her bless him. awwww i really do hope we can make some progress and get some where. ive mailed the pre owners about what he did and surprise surprise they aint replied n they asked me to keep in touch bout him 2
Back to top Go down
Jo n Buffs
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: how much more can 1 owner take!   Wed 17 Feb 2010, 9:54 pm

buffy trips over her halo lol

will do them good be out together and have a good run xxx be even better for you take camera and get some piccies for us lolol
Back to top Go down
kirstie
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: how much more can 1 owner take!   Wed 17 Feb 2010, 9:55 pm

lol jo all ul c is 2 white blurrrs mayb a tail here n there lol
Back to top Go down
Jo n Buffs
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: how much more can 1 owner take!   Wed 17 Feb 2010, 10:06 pm

thats ok im sure we will have fun trying work out which blur is who lololol
Back to top Go down
tracy barry
Silver Forum Member
Silver Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: how much more can 1 owner take!   Thu 18 Feb 2010, 3:36 pm

keep us up dated kirstie.
Back to top Go down
kirstie
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: how much more can 1 owner take!   Thu 18 Feb 2010, 4:14 pm

well ive just got back in from a 3 hour walk n hes still full of beans whereas im ready to drop lol. we had a visitor 2day and he was caged and he didnt escape so my idea with the coupling has kept him in 4 now! he really doesnt like the halti he wears to walk bless him he ended up making his nose bleed from rubbing it on the grass trying to get it off. his nose at the min is black n not a pink/white colour lol
Back to top Go down
Eddi and Daisy
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 4187

PostSubject: Re: how much more can 1 owner take!   Thu 18 Feb 2010, 4:17 pm

Have you tried him with a harness hun?
Back to top Go down
kirstie
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: how much more can 1 owner take!   Thu 18 Feb 2010, 4:19 pm

yeah when we got him he had a staffy leather harness and i find he pulls more with it. he does eventually get used to it we had hasstle with rock wen we 1st got his but its nothing treats dont solve!
Back to top Go down
Jo n Buffs
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: how much more can 1 owner take!   Thu 18 Feb 2010, 4:22 pm

i dont like haltis but the harness is a good idea the one buffy has you have more control over the dog as they cannot pull against you with it if you look under interesting items for sale you will see her she pulled like a choo choo train , with the advice of sandi we used a gentle leader for a short while much nicer than the halti in my opinion , then we progressed to this harness
she walks lovely now yes she still pulls or trys to for first few minutes but soon realises she cant do much
Back to top Go down
Jo n Buffs
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: how much more can 1 owner take!   Thu 18 Feb 2010, 4:23 pm

kirstie wrote:
yeah when we got him he had a staffy leather harness and i find he pulls more with it. he does eventually get used to it we had hasstle with rock wen we 1st got his but its nothing treats dont solve!

these harness's are for look only and a lot of people say how their dog pulls with them , they are made for dogs that have learnt allready to walk nicley really
Back to top Go down
kirstie
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: how much more can 1 owner take!   Thu 18 Feb 2010, 4:29 pm

i know when i enroled him in the classes the trainer said to me dont use harnesses to bring him to use head sets i e haltis or his collar i dont see why i cant use a harness with him but i thought with the 1 he has it causes more problems than enough really
Back to top Go down
Eddi and Daisy
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: how much more can 1 owner take!   Thu 18 Feb 2010, 4:34 pm

I wouldnt use the leather staffie harness get something like the ezydog one it gives you more control over their chest so they can pull away so much.

Daisy used to be bad but all I do and you need to do it when you have the time lol every time she pulled I would stop and wait. She soon got the message.

Or this type which daisy has.

I am afraid its a case of your will has to be stronger than his and you have to keep at the stop so his lead goes taught and before you move off get him by the side of you, then off you go again. Daisy starts off at a gallop but I get her to heal then get her to walk nicely she doesnt have to walk by the side of me just not pulling.

She loves to explore as we go so will sniff and wander but on a loose lead.
Back to top Go down
Eddi and Daisy
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: how much more can 1 owner take!   Thu 18 Feb 2010, 4:36 pm

Yea the classes that both my dogs went to didnt want them on harnesses because they want the dog to be walking nicely on lead and if they do it on the lead then they will on anything.

The halti lead is fine but I dont like anything that goes over their faces can you imagine what it would feel like if you had something over your nose and under your chin.
Back to top Go down
kirstie
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: how much more can 1 owner take!   Thu 18 Feb 2010, 4:43 pm

thanks hun. i know i wouldnt really like it but compared to the carry on with the leather 1 it was bliss however he still pulls with it i think il have a look on ebay and see if theres any on there. i must admit with rocky he doesnt need it anymore he only used it for about 5 month n now he walks great with it. for our taz we got a harness that pulled tight under their front legs if they pulled but i cant find any now must admit its about 7 years ago i got it. stoped our taz from pullin like a train.
Back to top Go down
Jo n Buffs
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female

PostSubject: Re: how much more can 1 owner take!   Thu 18 Feb 2010, 4:45 pm

these are what buffy uses and they are pretty cheap i think buffys was about 15 quid
http://staffiezone.boardonly.com/interesting-items-for-sale-f34/fantastic-harness-for-your-stafford-t29.htm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how much more can 1 owner take!   

Back to top Go down

how much more can 1 owner take!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next