Staffiezone

Members: Please Log In

As a guest you will only be able to read the main topics from the forum.

Register to see loads more sections and join in the fun.

We are a friendly bunch of pet lovers mainly consisting of Staffies and Bullies, but all dogs and owners are welcome and many of us have other dogs and pets that we talk about, plus general chit chat, competitions and entertainment.

It is free to register, free to chat and you will not be asked for money to continue being a member once you have joined.

So pull up a chair and join our small community on the internet.

HomeFrontLog inChat BoxRegister

Share | 

In the dog house

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
stepys1
VIP Forum Member
VIP Forum Member

Female
Number of posts : 2331

PostSubject: In the dog house    Sat 19 Jul 2014, 12:51 pm

Quattro is well and truly in the dog house with the other half after yesterday's antics. Chewing the wooden landing banister (which his dad spent ages making) & ripping the front room carpet.

Quattro had seemed slightly stressed all week & then this happened. He was fine with the thunder but I think it was the wind blowing through the open windows which set him off. I've posted before about him not liking the wind but was too hot to keep all the windows closed. Will see how he goes with a fan and if ok maybe we can leave that on and keep the windows closed whilst out.

He still doesn't seem right today but I think he also may be in pain as his legs seem to be playing him up of late so will book him in to the vets on Monday. Expect his paws are also hurting from digging at the carpet etc as well. Hate seeing him sad! I took him out earlier to cool off and to cheer him up, he seems happier whilst out.

Husband is so not happy and was saying he's washed his hands with him...he's made up with him now but he wouldn't pay him any attention the whole night. They've had kisses and cuddles since & hubby is worried incase he is in any pain. I said he has to be nice as it's quattro's birthday tomorrow :)
Back to top Go down
StaffySel
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 6585

PostSubject: Re: In the dog house    Sat 19 Jul 2014, 1:13 pm

Oh no!

I think dogs can sense the change in weather and that upsets them as a start.

How about leaving some classical music playing whilst your out too. I know they do this at the dog kennels.

Hope he's feeling better soon
Back to top Go down
Staffylover
Team Member
Team Member

Female
Number of posts : 31807

PostSubject: Re: In the dog house    Sat 19 Jul 2014, 5:46 pm

I do think the weather has something to do with it and dogs can sense so much more than we can. Hope he has not hurt his feet too much, do you have anything you can put on them? if you have some green tea you could soak his paws in it to help

Let us know how you get on at the vets

Back to top Go down
suziet
Team Support
Team Support

Female
Number of posts : 23319

PostSubject: Re: In the dog house    Sat 19 Jul 2014, 7:51 pm

It must be so upsetting when they damage things around the home. Sounds like he may have been spooked.

Glad hubby has made up with Q now.

Hope he has a super Birthday tomorrow xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In the dog house    

Back to top Go down

In the dog house
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1